Hello I Hope You Are Safe And Well

Remove this Banner Ad

2short2slow

Draftee
Oct 15, 2021
AFL Club
Essendon
This introduction is my first post and details a little bit about myself. I have reached the twilight years of my life, which has been good to me, and instead of just reading Big Footy I thought I might contribute to the conversation.

A large part of my life (35+ years) was spent in the military moving about Australia and overseas. I am grateful for the experiences and the opportunities that arose. I know that I am richer in thought and understanding through these circumstances.

My football background is limited to kicking the dew off the grass in various country leagues many of which no longer exist. As my name suggests (2short2slow) I have never been blessed with the natural attributes for our game. I did however, enjoy the contest, the physicality and the mateship that evolved from playing on less than pristine grounds (some would say cow paddocks), the cold showers (sabotage probably) and trying to find the bloody ground that often wasn't marked on the map. No Satnav or GPS in those days. It was ask a farmer if you could find one.

I have followed Essendon all my life and enjoyed the good times and been saddened by the not so good, but still passionate.

The skill of the modern player amazes me and I wonder where the future will take the game.

I am not ITK or have any contacts. I have only my own thoughts and my consideration of others.

I look forward to good times. Interesting times and another premiership.

Regards
2short2slow

Remove this Banner Ad

Back