THE BEAST
Sep 25, 2016
Narellan
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Swifts Panthers, Wanderers, Thunder
Hello!

I'm a relative newbie to AFL, having loosely followed the Giants since their inception. Before then I had no interest in the AFL. My Dad has been a foundation member of the Giants and has gone to most of their matches at Spotless.

I had never been to a match before yesterday, but I was lucky enough to go with my Dad as one of his mates couldn't go at the last minute. Before yesterday I couldn't even name a quarter of the players; today I could name more than half off the top of my head - if I check my Record I could name them all! LOL!

So anyway, it took me to actually go to a match before my interest in AFL was piqued. I'm a sports fan in general and have followed League since I was five. I have to say that AFL is such an exciting game! I got into the game quickly and before I knew it I was cheering and high-fiving not just my Dad, but randoms!

The Bulldogs were obviously too good but I think we have a very exciting future ahead! I am buying a membership next year, even if I can't make many of the games. I've gotten behind the Wanderers, been brought up a Panther supporter and now it's time to back my local team in the AFL.

I'm no token AFL supporter; I loved what I'd wintessed live - the game is so exciting! After one game, I am hooked. My biggest problem will be finding the time to follow so many codes! LOL.

Thanks for reading! :)

GO GIANTS!

Thanks!

There's definitely a lot for me to learn; some of the rules make no sense to me and even my Dad - who's followed the game for longer than the Giants have been in the AFL - could not explain a couple of the decisions made by the ref.

I will do more reading than posting for now, but will sure post up a n00b question every now and again if I'm unsure of something. I have all Summer to familiarise myself with the game in preparation for season 2017! :)

Hello!

I'm a relative newbie to AFL, having loosely followed the Giants since their inception. Before then I had no interest in the AFL. My Dad has been a foundation member of the Giants and has gone to most of their matches at Spotless.

I had never been to a match before yesterday, but I was lucky enough to go with my Dad as one of his mates couldn't go at the last minute. Before yesterday I couldn't even name a quarter of the players; today I could name more than half off the top of my head - if I check my Record I could name them all! LOL!

So anyway, it took me to actually go to a match before my interest in AFL was piqued. I'm a sports fan in general and have followed League since I was five. I have to say that AFL is such an exciting game! I got into the game quickly and before I knew it I was cheering and high-fiving not just my Dad, but randoms!

The Bulldogs were obviously too good but I think we have a very exciting future ahead! I am buying a membership next year, even if I can't make many of the games. I've gotten behind the Wanderers, been brought up a Panther supporter and now it's time to back my local team in the AFL.

I'm no token AFL supporter; I loved what I'd wintessed live - the game is so exciting! After one game, I am hooked. My biggest problem will be finding the time to follow so many codes! LOL.

Thanks for reading! :)

GO GIANTS!
Good luck with it and the forum mate. All The Best.:)

Thanks!

There's definitely a lot for me to learn; some of the rules make no sense to me and even my Dad - who's followed the game for longer than the Giants have been in the AFL - could not explain a couple of the decisions made by the ref.

I will do more reading than posting for now, but will sure post up a n00b question every now and again if I'm unsure of something. I have all Summer to familiarise myself with the game in preparation for season 2017! :)
Some umpiring decisions are simply inexplicable.

Welcome!

Please don't let the hate and trolling towards our club and its supporters deter you from staying!

I have tried to convince a few new giants fans I know to give bigfooty a go but after viewing how we get treated they have opted to not join bigfooty as they feel it isn't healthy to be abused by the masses

Welcome to Bigfooty mate!
Nice to see some more League lovers follow the AFL.
I always try my hardest to get Aussie Rules lovers to follow NRL.
Go the Eels ;)

All good he was calling u mate
That's okay. I've been called mate before. My friend's Mum used to call anyone mate - male or female. I agree that it's not common though, and he probably wouldn't have called me mate if he knew I was female. But it's all good, though. :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Giant Heart you should check out some of the local womens footy comps if you find yourself enjoying the game. Even better to play it!
Haha, nah! Try as a might, I just can't get my head around kicking an AFL ball. I like the sport to watch; but playing it is another thing entirely. I'll stick with my two ball sports I'm good at for now - Netball and Soccer.

Haha, nah! Try as a might, I just can't get my head around kicking an AFL ball. I like the sport to watch; but playing it is another thing entirely. I'll stick with my two ball sports I'm good at for now - Netball and Soccer.

Two sports is more than enough!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back