Hello!

Remove this Banner Ad

Hi all!

I'm a Brit who spent a couple of years in Melbourne (2015-2017) and picked up the Supercoach bug from there. Otherwise, I also play fantasy EPL and am a keen chess player. As I lived in Glenferrie I'm a Hawthorn fan, but it's always fun hearing about AFL history which I had no idea about (I mean I only heard about the Battle of Britain this week).

I've signed up to the Supercoach league board so will see how that goes, getting to watch some matches in the morning over here will help!

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
Hi all!

I'm a Brit who spent a couple of years in Melbourne (2015-2017) and picked up the Supercoach bug from there. Otherwise, I also play fantasy EPL and am a keen chess player. As I lived in Glenferrie I'm a Hawthorn fan, but it's always fun hearing about AFL history which I had no idea about (I mean I only heard about the Battle of Britain this week).

I've signed up to the Supercoach league board so will see how that goes, getting to watch some matches in the morning over here will help!
Welcome and you're all registered in a league .....also signup into the Big Footy Supercoach Group, that ranks your performance against all other Big Footy teams

You'll find the SC forum a great source of light hearted fun and some serious knowledge .....had the #1 ranked player and many in the top 100 SuperCoach ranked players last season ....as regular contributors

AuntyBlindEye

Slick Bear
Chess Club Member EKA Medal - Sweet FA Rising Star BeanCoiNFT Investor
Jul 19, 2019
AFL Club
Richmond
Hi all!

Welcome mate. It's always good to have internationals get into this great sport.

If you like fantasy stuff it might be worth looking into the Sweet FA here on BigFooty.

It's a fantasy league and it's a lot of fun. I was never into fantasy before being talked into joining. If it sounds like the type of thing you'd be keen on having a look at I can provide a link.

How do you watch the footy over there and do you get all the games?

CazC30

Far from the madding crowd.
Jan 12, 2017
Essex.
AFL Club
West Coast
Welcome mate. It's always good to have internationals get into this great sport.

If you like fantasy stuff it might be worth looking into the Sweet FA here on BigFooty.

It's a fantasy league and it's a lot of fun. I was never into fantasy before being talked into joining. If it sounds like the type of thing you'd be keen on having a look at I can provide a link.

How do you watch the footy over there and do you get all the games?
You could have asked me....!

We get a few games over the weekend on BT sport.

Chipmunk welcome Aunty is correct the SFA is loads of fun and well worth a look. Where in the UK are you from.

AuntyBlindEye

Slick Bear
Jul 19, 2019
AFL Club
Richmond
You could have asked me....!

We get a few games over the weekend on BT sport.

Chipmunk welcome Aunty is correct the SFA is loads of fun and well worth a look. Where in the UK are you from.
I do often forget you live over there.

Does BT sport play the finals/grand finals?

Wow, it's nice to wake up to a few messages on the thread!

Yes, I used to watch them on BT Sport but when they increased the subscription fee I subscribed to the Watch AFL app instead. That is £125 a year over here though, which is expensive.

I live in London, definitely up for watching a game (the reason the Battle of Britain came up was because I asked my Aussie friend why the China game can't be rescheduled for London this year). Went to one of the GF parties a couple of years ago, I had the Pies at $10 pre-finals so stumbled out drunk and poorer at 9am!

Coincidentally I was reading about the SFA yesterday. I sometimes get put off when people talk about online banter (vs banter at work/pub) as it easily stumbles into insults/offence, but it's definitely something I would be up for!

CazC30

Far from the madding crowd.
Jan 12, 2017
Essex.
AFL Club
West Coast

Yes, I used to watch them on BT Sport but when they increased the subscription fee I subscribed to the Watch AFL app instead. That is £125 a year over here though, which is expensive.

I live in London, definitely up for watching a game (the reason the Battle of Britain came up was because I asked my Aussie friend why the China game can't be rescheduled for London this year). Went to one of the GF parties a couple of years ago, I had the Pies at $10 pre-finals so stumbled out drunk and poorer at 9am!

Coincidentally I was reading about the SFA yesterday. I sometimes get put off when people talk about online banter (vs banter at work/pub) as it easily stumbles into insults/offence, but it's definitely something I would be up for!
No problem we're a friendly bunch here...

Whereabouts in London, not trying to pull you but always like to know if someone is in the same time zone.

You bet on the pies? Tough break.

Hope you come to the SFA ignore the dweebs and speak to us nice people.

Caz.

AuntyBlindEye

Slick Bear
Jul 19, 2019
AFL Club
Richmond

I'd rather see games played in London than china. I feel like England/the UK is probably more receptive to a sport like AFL.

£125 pounds? Jesus. That's nearly 250 australian. That is ridiculous.

You came bloody close to making some alright coin off the pies. One kick goes the other way and you would've probably left even drunker.

I would normally agree in regards to online versus pub banter, but the SFA is mainly full of characters, so it's a lot more...
Fictitious if that makes sense. Even the insults are done in good spirits.... I realise I've just described average banter haha.

It was good to see you pop your head in though, there seems to be a bit of interested in you which is also good.

I really hope to get over to England one day.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No problem we're a friendly bunch here...

Whereabouts in London, not trying to pull you but always like to know if someone is in the same time zone.

You bet on the pies? Tough break.

Hope you come to the SFA ignore the dweebs and speak to us nice people.

Caz.

How’s things in UK with you? Crazy times.

BigBrather

Draftee
Apr 7, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Hi all,
Love the Bombers, music, movies, beach, life, dudes, food, wine, gym...
Looking forward to the BF experience.

Hi all,

Welcome! Great to see a new member.

I would suggest you set up your own thread (at the top) with exactly this information; you'll end up with a warm welcome I'm sure. WaynesWorld19

We are currently running an e-AFL season which you may be interested in following, you can help pick the team and lots of banter at the Bombers thread: https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/thre...ndon-team-thread.1237908/page-3#post-64876996 Loonerty

Otherwise, have a look, there's something for everyone here even though the footy isn't running. Shout if any questions!

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
Hi all,
Welcome BB .....there are boards to suit all your tastes ....club boards, music boards, everything to suit your loves

Enjoy your experience

Remove this Banner Ad

Back