Help a BigFooty Legend - Bring Mobbenfuhrer home.

Remove this Banner Ad

Thanks everybody, and wow the story of the guys in Houston touched my heart. Carrying a child with IC? BRAVERY!!! We're probably as much in the dark as you guys but there are a couple of things we do differently. So by all means lets keep in touch!

Re: "Mobbenfuhrer", yes the puns that associate are many and varied. You're actually not that far from the truth. It IS supposed to mean "leader of a mob".

At Fitzroy, 1989, a small group of us got on the Al Lynch bandwagon and created a yob squad called "The Lynch Mob". I figured very heavily and some tended to assume I was the head of the group.

When Lynch left, we refigured into "The M.O.B." (Masters of Bulls**t). Then a friend at the time, who has an Austrian heritage, decided to use a bit of his germanic language fun to assign this name : "Mobbenfuhrer". It stuck.

Here is our administrative wishlist :

Loan Agreement
- Anyone who is able to work with the Loan Agreement, please do so. Get in touch eg by PM if you need more information. This helps us a lot!

Health Food Markets
- Can anyone help us locate health food markets in Brisbane (eg where I can find food that meets Arly's strict diet). The equivalent in Melbourne is "Sunnybrook" in Ormond.

Interim Housing
- We are going to need some level of interim housing in Brisbane when we get there. This is while Centrelink processes our applications for support. If anyone knows of any options, this would be greatly appreciated. What we would need would be comfortable bed, en suite, kitchen(ette) and clean. We were thinking YHA but if there are more affordable options out there, please let us know.

That's all I can think of for now ...

Health Food Markets
- Can anyone help us locate health food markets in Brisbane (eg where I can find food that meets Arly's strict diet). The equivalent in Melbourne is "Sunnybrook" in Ormond.

The only one I've been too in Brisbane is Mrs Flannery's in Annerley Rd, Woolongabba (not far from the Gabba) and would be able to fulfil all your requirements.

Other ones in Brisbane I can't vouch for:

•Fundamentals: La Trobe Terrace, Paddington
•Hi Vita Organics: Bald Hills
•House of Organics: Deb Meehan & Janelle, North West Plaza 97 Flockton St McDowall
•Margate Health Foods: Lesley Parker, 273a Oxley Ave. Margate Beach 4019
•Organic and Quality Foods: home delivery service: Brisbane and the Gold Coast 32753552
•Organic Essentials: 11 Days Road, Grange 3856 0678
•RB's Organics: home delivery service to those living north of the river, west of Gympie Rd and selected other suburbs. Robin Brown, 33568676 rbsorganics@optusnet.com.au
•Sun and Earth Whole Foods: 845 Brunswick St, New Farm 3358 2299
•The Green Grocer: 144 Boundary Street, West End 38447961

The only one I've been too in Brisbane is Mrs Flannery's in Annerley Rd, Woolongabba (not far from the Gabba) and would be able to fulfil all your requirements.

Other ones in Brisbane I can't vouch for:

•Fundamentals: La Trobe Terrace, Paddington
•Hi Vita Organics: Bald Hills
•House of Organics: Deb Meehan & Janelle, North West Plaza 97 Flockton St McDowall
•Margate Health Foods: Lesley Parker, 273a Oxley Ave. Margate Beach 4019
•Organic and Quality Foods: home delivery service: Brisbane and the Gold Coast 32753552
Organic Essentials: 11 Days Road, Grange 3856 0678
•RB's Organics: home delivery service to those living north of the river, west of Gympie Rd and selected other suburbs. Robin Brown, 33568676 rbsorganics@optusnet.com.au
•Sun and Earth Whole Foods: 845 Brunswick St, New Farm 3358 2299
•The Green Grocer: 144 Boundary Street, West End 38447961

I can vouch for that one. I shop there.

The offers of help have slowed to a trickle, but they are still coming in.

We have raised enough for now guys so please check out the appeals for Queensland flood victims and Victorian bushfire victims.

Loan Agreement
- Anyone who is able to work with the Loan Agreement, please do so. Get in touch eg by PM if you need more information. This helps us a lot!
If it will help you out, I will do it later on tonight. However, I will not be enforcing the agreement. ;)

The offers of help have slowed to a trickle, but they are still coming in.

We have raised enough for now guys so please check out the appeals for Queensland flood victims and Victorian bushfire victims.

Plus the animal rescue organisations need help badly as well, both wildlife & domestic pets.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Its gonna take a while to register all these donations/loans, I am attempting to do that now. We are also starting to draw up a budget tonight as we may be able to get air tickets tonight.

We also had a doc's appntmnt today with about a dozen mistakes in her scripts etc so its been pretty hectic. Just wanted to keep people up-to-date, its the least I could do after all the kindness.

Another thing we're looking for is a temporary address (even PO Box) so that we can tell it to Centrelink, as we don't really have an address at this point in time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back