Help a BigFooty Legend - Bring Mobbenfuhrer home.

skilts

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts
Feb 14, 2002
South-West Gippsland
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Lexton, Northcote Park
I know I'll be known as a smarmy bastard for this, but lots of love to you both.

There are a heap of people on here who have been, and still are, rooting for you.

Um, you know, in the American way.

This isn't Mobbenfuhrer, it's his wife, checking in. Hope this is the right place to post this, don't want to wait any longer and my man is out right now.

Thank you, thank you thank you all for your caring, kindness and generosity. Geez I've handwritten several tries at a post when without the net and nothing is right. How do you respond to such awesome people? You guys have been family when family and friends bailed. I really want to compile a book for myself of all the posts and PM's that we were sent so I can read it when I get down about people because not all create themselves equally.

We're in the process of trying to gather the things that make this flat we're in a home. It's slow but you do what you can. I'm trying acupuncture again because these pain drugs are BAD BAD things. Odds are I won't be how I used to be but I'm trying all I can to see what I can improve anyway. Its a one day at a time deal.

It's just so amazing to know that there are people out there like you guys. Thanks just isn't enough. Know you're thought of all the time and ALWAYS will be.

Love,
Me

Fred

Premium Platinum
30k Posts 10k Posts SFA Hall of Fame The Fred Medal RIP
Nov 17, 2000
Echuca
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
The Roys FFC
Thanks for the update. I hope things improve for you both.

skilts

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts
Feb 14, 2002
South-West Gippsland
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Lexton, Northcote Park
Don't think I've ever blubbed up over a post on here before. Not all of the people on these boards are deserving of the insults I've dished out over the years. Makes me think there is more to BF than just keyboard tapping. It's great we were able to help one of our own. Not much point to life if we can't.

Unlike that bastard Mobbenfuhrer, his missus sounds like a dinkum sort. Don't want either of them to get complacent.

mantis

Hall of Famer
30k Posts 10k Posts
Mar 9, 2001
Away from redneck country
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Bombers
This isn't Mobbenfuhrer, it's his wife, checking in. Hope this is the right place to post this, don't want to wait any longer and my man is out right now.

Thank you, thank you thank you all for your caring, kindness and generosity. Geez I've handwritten several tries at a post when without the net and nothing is right. How do you respond to such awesome people? You guys have been family when family and friends bailed. I really want to compile a book for myself of all the posts and PM's that we were sent so I can read it when I get down about people because not all create themselves equally.

We're in the process of trying to gather the things that make this flat we're in a home. It's slow but you do what you can. I'm trying acupuncture again because these pain drugs are BAD BAD things. Odds are I won't be how I used to be but I'm trying all I can to see what I can improve anyway. Its a one day at a time deal.

It's just so amazing to know that there are people out there like you guys. Thanks just isn't enough. Know you're thought of all the time and ALWAYS will be.

Love,
Me

The bugger is at the strippers again? Joking. ;)

So glad things are looking up for you Yes sometimes on this place we go over the top & don't agree with people, but we are footy supporters which make us passionate & emotional, it's the nature of the beast, but deep down, we are all family in our love of our game & our fellow devotees.

Sending you healing thoughts & I just hope that knowing so many people care about you, helps you through the bad times. :thumbsu:

Gouldy

Premiership Player
Sep 18, 2007
Sunny coast
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
My GF bags me sometimes for posting on here, but I can't wait to show her this thread.

It really illustrates the fact that BF is a community. Despite what is said in boards like Bay-13, I have no doubt they would all pitch in to help someone in need. This impresses me more than the mass condolences given out when Lidge passed away and when we thought Thy was caught in the bushfires.

True Australian camaraderie
driven by a true Australian sport.

I hope to donate soon, I have to convince PayPal that my account wasn't hijacked.

Pure Pop

Rookie
Mar 24, 2007
St Kilda
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I loaned $500 which Mobbs would pay what he could back when it could be afforded. I was pretty casual about it as I wanted to help. I haven't often asked to be repaid but....Since then he has avoided and ignored all my emails and approaches. This is to a guy who stood beside him at the Western Oval barracking for the Roys.

If anyone could encourage Kev to contact me it would be most appreciated

Pure Pop

Rookie
Mar 24, 2007
St Kilda
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Can you understand how a cynical person might see it as a scam? When i sent you $500 you sent me a very specific repayment schedule which you have never tried to stick to or even apologise for. I'm not a bank, man. You can talk to me

While I'm here, I know of 1 more person who needs their loan repaid back, and one person who bought from my auction (the ties) that I haven't sent the goods to, yet.

If anyone else had sent $ but needs it back, please make sure you let me know. It was a blur at the time and your details may have become lost in the process. I have no idea when I can attend to these - might be (more) years - , but I want to try.

Pure Pop

Rookie
Mar 24, 2007
St Kilda
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Kev, I don't want to act like debt collector. My wife said I was mad lending $500 to someone on the internet but I said Kev is cool. We stood side by side watching the Roys and I'd do anything for a brother. She's right to ask if I was ever repaid after the defence I gave you

Jan 16, 2005
paradise
AFL Club
Carlton
While I'm here, I know of 1 more person who needs their loan repaid back, and one person who bought from my auction (the ties) that I haven't sent the goods to, yet.

If anyone else had sent $ but needs it back, please make sure you let me know. It was a blur at the time and your details may have become lost in the process. I have no idea when I can attend to these - might be (more) years - , but I want to try.

My contribution was a donation, and i never expected any re payment, I'm glad you and your lovely wife made it back to Aus ok and are attempting to get your lives back on track.

G.O.B. I know what you're meaning to say but when this all happened I did say at the time I intended to pay everything back when I could. Yes a lot of people stipulated - sometimes threatened! - that I was not to pay them back, I did open the door for people to kick in under the understanding they'd get paid back.

I don't blame Pure Pop for asking wtf is going on. He has the right and also he and I had corresponded since that time about this and circumstances b/w he and I are kind of individual.

Remember, my story was broadcast, everyone knew what I was dealing with. Some others here might have urgent needs as well - and with their story untold its kind of not something you can make an accurate call on.

(no offence intended - its just a different situation)

A personal question that I don't expect an answer from - why can't they cut out her bladder and give her a ileostomy if she has what sounds like the worlds worst case of interstitial cystitis.
With this disease, some eventually give in to the pain and have their bladder out. Astoundingly, the condition doesn't alter at all!. Its confounding. So the advice is to NOT get surgery for it. In fact, try to avoid surgery for anything else in the area.

Back