Help a BigFooty Legend - Bring Mobbenfuhrer home.

Remove this Banner Ad

With this disease, some eventually give in to the pain and have their bladder out. Astoundingly, the condition doesn't alter at all!. Its confounding. So the advice is to NOT get surgery for it. In fact, try to avoid surgery for anything else in the area.
Thanks for the answer, it's just a disease I know little about (and should know more). I nearly fell off my seat when I read about the pain and suffering and then read it was caused by interstitial cystitis. Without meaning to doubt you more I expected something more.

I hope you've found a good GP, and a hospital that understands you, it will make a world of difference as you probably know by now.

G.O.B. I know what you're meaning to say but when this all happened I did say at the time I intended to pay everything back when I could. Yes a lot of people stipulated - sometimes threatened! - that I was not to pay them back, I did open the door for people to kick in under the understanding they'd get paid back.

That's fine but everyone is capable of reading a situation and choosing an appropriate path.
From lending your mate $50 to keep drinking to throwing a gold coin at a panhandler, everyone can judge whether it's reasonable to expect the money back or not.

If I lend a mate some money who's doing well for himself but just happens to find an empty wallet I would expect the money back every time.
If I had a mate in your situation, any amount I chose to hand over would be written off as soon as it left my hand.
Let alone a stranger.
In any case, hope all is well with your Mrs and good luck.

Yeah its almost certainly a group of similar conditions that are grouped under one name due to lack of info, so some have the severe versions, some have lighter versions. Missus has a severe one.

I hope you've found a good GP, and a hospital that understands you...

lol & lol (ggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr !)
(translation - after dozens of docs and a number of hospitals, nope, not yet!)

Just did a little tidy-up. Let's leave the discussion about loans/donations and one's personal take on what's what out of this thread. Any correspondence re your personal arrangement with Mobbs can be done via PM, or via admin.

Hope things are a little easier for you and your wife Mobbs. All the best. Also, first time I'd read this thread was tonight, the community of Big Footy did 'em selves proud with this effort.

My contribution was a donation, and i never expected any re payment, I'm glad you and your lovely wife made it back to Aus ok and are attempting to get your lives back on track.
Couldn't have put it any better myself in relation to what I put in.

Message for those who helped out under the understanding of a loan, or went with the concept of "well if you ever can, otherwise don't worry about it": please give me a hoy. In a position now to start trickling a bit back. I'll also look through the database where I attempted to keep track of it all and send a few feelers out.

Won't be instant and all-consuming but would feel a bit better to start clearing a bit of that yucky feeling that comes with having other people's money :) (it's a real feeling lol!)

( this seems to be on the General AFL board probably due to there being less sub-boards 12 years ago - it could maybe be moved to general or something? It's not a footy topic )

I hide these days on the fantasy footy board, where only about 6 people have already quietly learnt this news. This is a rare wander outside. I'm just here out of obligation and respect to those who were involved in the events of 2009 (everything is shown in the above posts) with a sad update.

At about 8:00pm on Wednesday last week, my wife passed away at the Mater Public in Brisbane. Arly was a sensational and wonderful, clever and talented, and very passionate and loving woman, who would have been perfectly suited to a forum like this with annoyingly cluey wit and sarcasm ... if she actually gave a damn about footy or sport in general!

A generally painless and peaceful passing, however the last 14 years since the illness began had resulted in a progressive deterioration of her health and quality of life. While it was a hard time, she was intentionally fighting to stay in the world, despite how little she had. It's a release for her, and as they say: finally at peace.

While the main underlying illness was a chronic pain disease, she had also battled cancer for the last 2 years, and yet what actually took her in the end seems to have been a severe pneumonia.

So many people kicked in to help us back in 2009, it's necessary for me to update this thread and make this announcement. I don't want to sadden anyone's day - but I'd be a dick to just keep it a secret. YOU created 12 years of life. And that's amazing.

This is devastating news. I remember you helping me out with some BASIC programming help over private message back 15+ years ago. You always seemed like such a nice and generous guy. Wishing you all the best in these tough times!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Condolences Mobbs. Very sorry to hear that. I hope you're going as OK as possible mate.

So sorry to hear this news. Been there myself. One thing which helped me was the normalcy/idiocy (!) of places like this, keeps you grounded...

Take care mate, and keep celebrating her life...

Mate I'm so sorry for your loss, wishing for all the good things to come your way. Shout out if you need anything.

Mobbs we haven't spoken for awhile (likely since I was last on the Minecraft server), but please accept my condolences. Wishing you all the best and may your wife now rest in peace. Reach out if you need anything!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back