Help a clueless Queenslander!

Remove this Banner Ad

GCMagpie

Team Captain
Jul 1, 2022
AFL Club
Collingwood
I’ve managed to book a couple of days off to make it down to Melbourne from the Gold Coast on the weekend of the Round 23 Carlton v Collingwood Game.

I have two questions, I hope someone can help me with!

1. How likely am I to miss out on tickets? It’s just me and my sister but understand this will be a huge game.

2. When are the AFL likely to release details of the date and time of the round 23 games?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated! We are massive fans but obviously disadvantaged hugely but our interstate status. We’d love to catch this game!

Good questions. Will be a huge crowd at the G for that match. You should be able to get tickets via ticketek as soon as they're released. Just don't dawdle as the better seats will go quickly.

Good questions. Will be a huge crowd at the G for that match. You should be able to get tickets via ticketek as soon as they're released. Just don't dawdle as the better seats will go quickly.

That's right. Just find out when the tickets are going to be released and get online and book them as soon as it opens.

Thanks so much! I’m really nervous I’ll miss out because I’ve taken a gamble - booked unpaid leave, flights and accommodation. They say fortune favours the brave - I hope that’s true!

Is the best bet to buy GA? Buying tickets for our Brisbane and Gold Coast-based matches is much easier as you can imagine!

You won't have a problem getting a ticket if you are ok with nosebleed, no game is getting sold out as covid caution is still a thing among footy goers.

If you are not a club member then a GA ticket I believe is your only option. So, as soon as you become aware that tickets are on sale get straight onto ticketek to ensure you get the best GA allocated seats. Then pray the Pies smash those pretenders!!

Yes, you'll be on the top deck of the southern or northern stands, but if you get there an hour before the start you can get decent seats.
Also they've got tv screens at ground level now that show a map of where general admission seats are, very helpful.

I’ve managed to book a couple of days off to make it down to Melbourne from the Gold Coast on the weekend of the Round 23 Carlton v Collingwood Game.

I have two questions, I hope someone can help me with!

1. How likely am I to miss out on tickets? It’s just me and my sister but understand this will be a huge game.

2. When are the AFL likely to release details of the date and time of the round 23 games?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated! We are massive fans but obviously disadvantaged hugely but our interstate status. We’d love to catch this game!
Hi my fellow magpie supporter. If you need some assistance, I might be able to help out. OK. Let me know if you are interested. Take care. Bye.

Pies now selling corporate tickets v Carlton round 23 , Sunday 21 August 1:20pm

wku9fe.jpg

Hi my fellow magpie supporter. If you need some assistance, I might be able to help out. OK. Let me know if you are interested. Take care. Bye.
Literally any help is greatly appreciated! I’ve psyched myself up to be there and would be DEVASTATED if we missed it!

Pies now selling corporate tickets v Carlton round 23 , Sunday 21 August 1:20pm

wku9fe.jpg

Oh wow this information is gold! Would it be super reliable? I’ve just been told that they normally release dates only a week before the game which would mean I’m in trouble if the game gets set for the Friday night.

Oh wow this information is gold! Would it be super reliable? I’ve just been told that they normally release dates only a week before the game which would mean I’m in trouble if the game gets set for the Friday night.
Completely unreliable. The date/time would just be some kind of data fill. The page says Day and Time TBC at the top of it.

Completely unreliable. The date/time would just be some kind of data fill. The page says Day and Time TBC at the top of it.
Confirmed, just contacted the Club co's I am thinking of coming over from Hobart, the chap said they had to put the date and time to get the catering event going, he said the game would most probably be on Sunday afternoon, but Saturday night is in the mix, said they should know for certain 4 weeks out

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well given that a) it can't be on Friday night (Pies would have a 5 day break from the previous round) and b) Channel Seven is going to want to televise this game, it will be in one of two timeslots:

Saturday 7.25pm
Sunday 3.20pm

Well given that a) it can't be on Friday night (Pies would have a 5 day break from the previous round) and b) Channel Seven is going to want to televise this game, it will be in one of two timeslots:

Saturday 7.25pm
Sunday 3.20pm
May well be the case - the question was whether that thing online could be relied upon. It shouldn't be.

Saturday 7.25pm
Sunday 3.20pm
This is great.

Can I ask why Channel 7 couldn’t televise on a Friday? Sorry if this is a dumb question!

Confirmed, just contacted the Club co's I am thinking of coming over from Hobart, the chap said they had to put the date and time to get the catering event going, he said the game would most probably be on Sunday afternoon, but Saturday night is in the mix, said they should know for certain 4 weeks out

Thank you! This is awesome. 4 weeks out is end of this week!

This is great.

Can I ask why Channel 7 couldn’t televise on a Friday? Sorry if this is a dumb question!
Channel 7 wouldn't have an issue with the game being Friday night but the AFL are not going to schedule Collingwood to play off a 5 day break after playing on Sunday the previous round.

Channel 7 wouldn't have an issue with the game being Friday night but the AFL are not going to schedule Collingwood to play off a 5 day break after playing on Sunday the previous round.

I wish they’d just release the dates! Very annoying if you don’t live locally. We’ve done a Saturday game and then played a Thursday night in Round 5, so a 5 day break not impossible?

The AFLPA allow only one 5 day break per team per season.

THANK YOU! That is SUPER helpful! I think I’m confident enough to book my tickets now! There’s a number of games in Round 23 with two teams that have had no 5 day day breaks yet 😃

Thank you!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back