Help a clueless Queenslander!

Remove this Banner Ad

Channel 7 wouldn't have an issue with the game being Friday night but the AFL are not going to schedule Collingwood to play off a 5 day break after playing on Sunday the previous round.
The bigger consideration is the potential climax to the end of the season.
Last game decides a top 4 or final 8 position.

Collingwood 4 eternity

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 16, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Confirmed 3:20 start

Round 23

Friday, August 19

Brisbane v Melbourne at the Gabba, 7.50pm AEST (SEVEN)

Saturday, August 20

Greater Western Sydney v Fremantle at Manuka Oval, 1.45pm AEST (FOX)
North Melbourne v Gold Coast at Marvel Stadium, 2.10pm AEST (FOX)
Geelong v West Coast at GMHBA Stadium, 4.35pm AEST (FOX)
Essendon v Richmond at the MCG, 7.25pm AEST (SEVEN)
Port Adelaide v Adelaide at Adelaide Oval, 7.00pm ACST (FOX)

Sunday, August 21

Hawthorn v Western Bulldogs at UTAS Stadium, 1.10pm AEST (FOX)
Carlton v Collingwood at the MCG, 3.20pm AEST (SEVEN)
St Kilda v Sydney at Marvel Stadium, 4.40pm AEST (FOX)

GCMagpie

Team Captain
Jul 1, 2022
AFL Club
Collingwood
Thank you!

I’m so glad, I decided to book my flights and accommodation last week based on the “they won’t have another 5 day break” information, so this is a huge relief.

Now the hard part, getting tickets to the game!

I have a few flexi tickets for GA, with my interstate membership, apparently I can call and get barcodes to upgrade them for reserved seats but I don’t know if getting a barcode prior to the tickets going on sale means I’ll definitely get a ticket… does anyone know?

Oct 22, 2020
AFL Club
Collingwood
Thank you!

I’m so glad, I decided to book my flights and accommodation last week based on the “they won’t have another 5 day break” information, so this is a huge relief.

Now the hard part, getting tickets to the game!

I have a few flexi tickets for GA, with my interstate membership, apparently I can call and get barcodes to upgrade them for reserved seats but I don’t know if getting a barcode prior to the tickets going on sale means I’ll definitely get a ticket… does anyone know?
Hey mate.

I have a GA membership. The barcode doesn't garauntee you a ticket, but it will allow you to jump on ticketek and pay the difference to upgrade to a reserved seat. Worth doing imo as you can also have a look and choose seating if you get in early. Of course this assumes your barcode can apply to an away game. Good luck.

GCMagpie

Team Captain
Jul 1, 2022
AFL Club
Collingwood
Hey mate.

I have a GA membership. The barcode doesn't garauntee you a ticket, but it will allow you to jump on ticketek and pay the difference to upgrade to a reserved seat. Worth doing imo as you can also have a look and choose seating if you get in early. Of course this assumes your barcode can apply to an away game. Good luck.

Do you just call the club to get a barcode? Can they give you one before tickets go on sale or do you have to call once tickets are available on ticketek already?

Oct 22, 2020
AFL Club
Collingwood
Do you just call the club to get a barcode? Can they give you one before tickets go on sale or do you have to call once tickets are available on ticketek already?
I usually just wait until the tickets are available through the membership thing on the app, you get a barcode for each ticket. Not sure if you can get them earlier from the club.

Good luck. Hope you have a ball, and the Pies do the right thing.
Pies v Carton and Anzac Day games are phenomenal.

GCMagpie

Team Captain
Jul 1, 2022
AFL Club
Collingwood
I usually just wait until the tickets are available through the membership thing on the app, you get a barcode for each ticket. Not sure if you can get them earlier from the club.

Thanks so much for the help, it’s very much appreciated!

GCMagpie

Team Captain
Jul 1, 2022
AFL Club
Collingwood
Good luck. Hope you have a ball, and the Pies do the right thing.
Pies v Carton and Anzac Day games are phenomenal.

Thanks so much! I was fortunate enough to be in a corporate box for this years ANZAC match and that’s why I’m keen to head back for another blockbuster game! It was incredible!

The corporate box is a little outside my budget though unfortunately! Haha.

Oct 22, 2020
AFL Club
Collingwood
Might be worth checking out this twitter page (apologies I don't know how to share a tweet properly). Looking like tickets will be rare as hens teeth and definitely will need to pre book. Good luck.

GCMagpie

Team Captain
Jul 1, 2022
AFL Club
Collingwood
Might be worth checking out this twitter page (apologies I don't know how to share a tweet properly). Looking like tickets will be rare as hens teeth and definitely will need to pre book. Good luck.

Thank you!

I’m super anxious! I’ve got my barcodes ready and my fingers crossed!

GCMagpie

Team Captain
Jul 1, 2022
AFL Club
Collingwood
Thanks everyone so much for the help with this! I managed to get tickets! Yay!

I actually ended up buying two sets of tickets, I just need to decide which ones I want to use! Level 1 in the Shane Warne stand or Level 4 in the Ponsford stand…

(Log in to remove this ad.)

stui magpie

Deity in training, practicing omnipotence
Oct 3, 2005
My place
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Tocumwal
Depends on what view you like. Level 4 of the Ponsford is full of Pies supporters and is the arial view, you'll spend a lot of time watching the big screen to see what's happening but can really see the play as it unfolds from above.

Level 1 in the Warnie would likely be around Carlton supporters and has a more ground level view.

Depends on what view you like. Level 4 of the Ponsford is full of Pies supporters and is the arial view, you'll spend a lot of time watching the big screen to see what's happening but can really see the play as it unfolds from above.

Level 1 in the Warnie would likely be around Carlton supporters and has a more ground level view.
So the Warnie will be roomier after half time then?

GCMagpie

Team Captain
Jul 1, 2022
AFL Club
Collingwood

Thanks so much for this, that’s pretty much made up my mind on which tickets to use!

I’m hoping to not get arrested on the day, and so I feel like sitting amongst Pies supporters is the right choice for me, regardless of the ‘nosebleed’-ness!

Thanks so much!

Oct 7, 2010
Melb
AFL Club
Collingwood
Each to their own, I prefer ground level but the play can be on the other side of the ground some of the time which can be frustrating especially with Murphy and Moore. Arial does have it's benefits, it's more TV like and you can get a good overview of the whole game and running patterns and space given, taken.
Thanks so much for this, that’s pretty much made up my mind on which tickets to use!

I’m hoping to not get arrested on the day, and so I feel like sitting amongst Pies supporters is the right choice for me, regardless of the ‘nosebleed’-ness!

Thanks so much!
Don't stab someone and you most likely won't get arrested. :huh:

May 27, 2008
Wherever I May Roam
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Socceroos, Melbourne Victory
Thanks everyone so much for the help with this! I managed to get tickets! Yay!

I actually ended up buying two sets of tickets, I just need to decide which ones I want to use! Level 1 in the Shane Warne stand or Level 4 in the Ponsford stand…

Awesome work! This hopeless QLDer is jealous!

May 27, 2008
Wherever I May Roam
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams

Thanks so much!

I don't know how much your better half likes the footy but mine got hooked when she realised they sell hot jam donuts. It's my one feeble tip for you. Oh and wear warm clothes.

GCMagpie

Team Captain
Jul 1, 2022
AFL Club
Collingwood
Each to their own, I prefer ground level but the play can be on the other side of the ground some of the time which can be frustrating especially with Murphy and Moore. Arial does have it's benefits, it's more TV like and you can get a good overview of the whole game and running patterns and space given, taken.

Don't stab someone and you most likely won't get arrested. :huh:

Moore (and Murphy!) are my favorites - hence liking to sit behind (or near) a goal!

My biggest complaint sitting in the front row on the wing at the Suns game earlier in the season was that the game was pretty much completely happening over the other side of the field and I felt like I saw nothing!

I think the Ponsford tickets are the right choice based on all this info. Thank you!

I can’t promise I won’t respond poorly to a mouthy Carlton supporter…

May 27, 2008
Wherever I May Roam
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
I AM the better half! My husband isn’t invited, girls trip with my sister!

Hot jam donuts sound incredible though, I’m keen!

Sorry for assuming! And yes they are! I can recommend.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back