Running/Fitness Help Freak Dodgeball Accident get fit.

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 23, 2006
Home
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
So, my club is half way through pre season, but little old me has only completed one training session.

Working away, honeymoon and just recently a slight groin strain (not honeymoon related) has kept me out of action. So I'm finally right to start training again, but unfortunately I have been asked to work afternoon shift for the next few weeks, possibly longer.

So to make sure I don't fall too far behind the pack, I'm asking you good people of Big Footy to help me get back on track and hit the ground running when I join the team. I could always get a training program from the club, but I probably won't stick to it, and if I have one here it will give me more motivation and I will update with results.

So I'm pretty much starting fresh, haven't really done any running since early November, and also haven't hit the gym since late November.

If anyone has any idea of a program that I could get stuck into, that would be awesome. We have a footy camp in about a month time. From what we've been told, it will be similar to last year, which pretty much involved a fair bit of hill running and beach running. If I can get myself half fit for that I will be very happy.

So hope to hear of any ideas. I have a bike, some running tracks around town (a 5km and 6km), and a fair few hills. Have the gym just down the road too.

Thanks for your time :)

So hope to hear of any ideas. I have a bike, some running tracks around town (a 5km and 6km), and a fair few hills. Have the gym just down the road too.
To be honest it sounds like you already know what you've got to do. Jump on that bike, go for a run, do some interval training incorporating the hills, and lift some heavy s**t at the gym!

If you're going to get fit then make sure you incorporate some yoga and more importantly pilates - a strong core will mean less injuries.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back