Club History Help identifying old autograph

Remove this Banner Ad

Scanlens Man

Senior List
Aug 10, 2017
AFL Club
GWS
Hi, this from an old autograph booked dated 1967.

In the book, the number 39 is next to the sig. That number was Cliff Stewart, but I can't quite get that out of this sig.

Anyone have a signature of Stewart that we could compare?

Believe it or not my family have an old copy of the history of the Carlton Football Club book. In 1967 the blues did some training at Tarwin Lower (from memory they were at Mike Williamsons' down there) so I took the book along and have got the whole list to sign including a personalised message from Barrass. Used to have Cliff Stewarts number on my back. Happy to do some detective work next time I am down at the family home at Cranbourne.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hi, this from an old autograph booked dated 1967.

In the book, the number 39 is next to the sig. That number was Cliff Stewart, but I can't quite get that out of this sig.

Anyone have a signature of Stewart that we could compare?

Definitely Ron Auchettl. Wore 41 as I remember.

I think it was 67 or 68 when the VFL picked a team of basically reserves players to play against the Sydney FL. Ron was captain of that team.

I have my fathers autograph book from when he was a young whippersnapper, he has all of the blues players from the Bloodbath era in it.
club wants that - I'm telling............

Believe it or not my family have an old copy of the history of the Carlton Football Club book. In 1967 the blues did some training at Tarwin Lower (from memory they were at Mike Williamsons' down there) so I took the book along and have got the whole list to sign including a personalised message from Barrass. Used to have Cliff Stewarts number on my back. Happy to do some detective work next time I am down at the family home at Cranbourne.
That would be fantastic if you can! There are a couple of other indecipherable scribbles be good to match up

Remove this Banner Ad

Back