Help me dress a Hawthorne Hawke

Remove this Banner Ad

So as you may or may not have noticed, after watching Hawthorne put in just about the worst off-season performance I have ever seen, I had a fairly strong opinion that the Hawks list was completely cooked and they would be pretty ******* s**t in 2017 and beyond.

And I was rather generous in sharing that opinion with whomever so wanted to 'debate' the point.

I say debate, but the reality is there wasn't really any debate to be had. No one, absolutely no one that wasn't completely and utterly deluded (threepeat! threepeat!!) had any doubt whatsoever that the Hawks were garbage.

I mean, you only had to cast even the most casual of eyes at it's list to see that it was lacking any significant talent, had little to no young players of any quality to speak of, and had traded away any possibility of actually starting to correct that issue.

In short, they dun ****ed up.

But of course, it didn't take long for a poor unfortunate sod, utterly blinded to the gaping chasms in his sides list to beat his proverbial chest and declare that I had it completely wrong about the Hawks.

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/thre...o-better-in-2017.1151324/page-9#post-49743808

I bet you Hawthorn finish with at least 15 home and away wins next year. You probably aren't brave enough to make a bet with me over this though.

Oh ho ho... do you now.

That poor young soul is Gunstall555

And with the pathetic performance of Hawthorne (3 behinds to half time, geezus) last night, the Hawks are now one loss away from disappointing their ardent, if deluded young fan.

In short, avatar and signature will be mine for the rest of the calendar year. A harsh penalty to pay for not casting a critical eye at your own side.

So harsh in fact, I actually considered letting him out of the bet for some token penalty, but then the Hawks got a win or two against some s**t sides, and you could see the density wash over them, including our friend on the hook here.

As such, he's gonna have to wear it.

So the question for you, good Essendon board folks, what would you suggest for our misguided Hawthorne friend here - what avatar and signature would you have him wear for the remainder of the year?

So as you may or may not have noticed, after watching Hawthorne put in just about the worst off-season performance I have ever seen, I had a fairly strong opinion that the Hawks list was completely cooked and they would be pretty ******* s**t in 2017 and beyond.

And I was rather generous in sharing that opinion with whomever so wanted to 'debate' the point.

I say debate, but the reality is there wasn't really any debate to be had. No one, absolutely no one that wasn't completely and utterly deluded (threepeat! threepeat!!) had any doubt whatsoever that the Hawks were garbage.

I mean, you only had to cast even the most casual of eyes at it's list to see that it was lacking any significant talent, had little to no young players of any quality to speak of, and had traded away any possibility of actually starting to correct that issue.

In short, they dun ****** up.

But of course, it didn't take long for a poor unfortunate sod, utterly blinded to the gaping chasms in his sides list to beat his proverbial chest and declare that I had it completely wrong about the Hawks.

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/thre...o-better-in-2017.1151324/page-9#post-49743808

Oh ho ho... do you now.

And with the pathetic performance of Hawthorne (3 behinds to half time, geezus) last night, the Hawks are now one loss away from disappointing their ardent, if deluded young fan.

In short, avatar and signature will be mine for the rest of the calendar year. A harsh penalty to pay for not casting a critical eye at your own side.

So harsh in fact, I actually considered letting him out of the bet for some token penalty, but then the Hawks got a win or two against some s**t sides, and you could see the density wash over them, including our friend on the hook here.

So the question for you, good Essendon board folks, what would you suggest for our misguided Hawthorne friend here - what avatar and signature would you have him wear for the remainder of the year?
McGrathRisingStar or SpudBurton. Has to be an avatar of McGrath I think

Signature: (i have on this)

Oh ho ho... do you now.

Avatar needs to be the Hird nod GIF. Sig needs to be something like "I bow to the wisdom of the almighty Jade of BigFooty fame, and right now I really wish I was an Essendon fan as Hawthorne have nothing to give we bandwagoners any longer"

Oh ho ho... do you now.

Avatar of a "stand by Hird" sign from bomber cheer squad

Signature: Ryan burton: our lot in life. He's not a lot, but he's our only life(line)

could do worse than this for an aviator

images

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't be surprised if he welches. Given the complete lack of responses once it looked bloody obvious that he'd lose, makes him seem like the welching type. Best get a nice welchy flag badge ready.

Yes, I agree. This person will most likely join up under another username and continue his trolling. Needs a heath ledger joker pointing out a squealer when he sees one gif.

Don't be surprised if he welches. Given the complete lack of responses once it looked bloody obvious that he'd lose, makes him seem like the welching type. Best get a nice welchy flag badge ready.

I kid you not I was half tempted to let him out of it, because he'd gone real quiet on it. Like, I'm a prick, but I could have had a laugh and let it go.

But as soon as the Hawks won a couple games, he comes back and says 'double or nothing, Hawks to finish above Essendon'.

At that point I though nah, you deserve to wear this one mate.

I kid you not I was half tempted to let him out of it, because he'd gone real quiet on it. Like, I'm a prick, but I could have had a laugh and let it go.

But as soon as the Hawks won a couple games, he comes back and says 'double or nothing, Hawks to finish above Essendon'.

At that point I though nah, you deserve to wear this one mate.

Someone egged him on I reckon. screw him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back