Remove this Banner Ad

Nov 24, 2007
DTC Frat House
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Team Lambda Variant
Hello everyone,

as most of you know, I’m leaning towards... slightly ill.

Since I don’t Think I’ve disclosed it here previously, I have an inoperable brain tumour that sits at the top of my brain stem, which is possibly the worst place to get it. As my neurosurgeon said, “Yeah I can take it out but you’ll die”. I asked for a second opinion, he said “you could lose a few pounds”.

That was almost a year ago... blah blah blah long story short, I’ve written my eulogy like fifteen times... but I haven’t picked a song yet. There’s a poll, click away, post your own YouTube clips. I have a favourite but better I don’t muddy the process. And I can’t use ”Always look On the bright side of life” by Monty Python, a relative used it like 20 years ago.

Basically, I want people:
- to hum or sing along
- remember me fondly
- cry every time they hear that song thereafter 😉

Hello everyone,

as most of you know, I’m leaning towards... slightly ill.

Since I don’t Think I’ve disclosed it here previously, I have an inoperable brain tumour that sits at the top of my brain stem, which is possibly the worst place to get it. As my neurosurgeon said, “Yeah I can take it out but you’ll die”. I asked for a second opinion, he said “you could lose a few pounds”.

That was almost a year ago... blah blah blah long story short, I’ve written my eulogy like fifteen times... but I haven’t picked a song yet. There’s a poll, click away, post your own YouTube clips. I have a favourite but better I don’t muddy the process. And I can’t use ”Always look On the bright side of life” by Monty Python, a relative used it like 20 years ago.

Basically, I want people:
- to hum or sing along
- remember me fondly
- cry every time they hear that song thereafter 😉

A day in the life, but won't get much opportunity to bring people to tears. Don't hear it much. Hope you're being treated to the best of everything available.

For life songs, I like Green Day's Time of My Life... as was also around the time of our back to back flags.

Though it's also known as good riddance.... where the opposite is true for you as want you to stick around for longer than expected as you will be sadly missed.

No love for...?

A few songs hit me hard now since hearing them at funerals. Louis Armstrong's What a Wonderful World is one. I can't listen to the song Day n Nite, Crookers remix by Kid Cudi as it was played at the funeral of a young kid who died (that was the most played track on his iPod).

Which song is the most 'you'?

I reckon Pink Floyd's Eclipse would be perfect. A final parting whisper from the lunatic who's on the grass

For life songs, I like Green Day's Time of My Life... as was also around the time of our back to back flags.

Though it's also known as good riddance.... where the opposite is true for you as want you to stick around for longer than expected as you will be sadly missed.

Yeh, this is a goodie and also still gets played a bit, so meets the 3rd requirement.

Though it's also known as good riddance....

it's because it's a breakup song - she left Billie Joe because she didn't like how big Green Day and they were becoming

Ironic that the song dedicated to her is arguably their biggest

ON TOPIC

That's some real rough stuff, Deaneus - I can't say I haven't thought about a eulogy song for myself as the mind wanders at times, but I've never actually had to legitimately think about it

If you say you've got one in your head already, isn't that the answer?

I reckon Pink Floyd's Eclipse would be perfect. A final parting whisper from the lunatic who's on the grass

Yeah, it’s on the shortlist

“all you create and all you destroy” gets me every time

One I would consider picking for myself:

OMG that’s the first album me + wife bought together, she’d cry for a week

I'm very sorry to hear that, mate. I have a serious suggestion for you: Nimrod, one of Elgar's Enigma Variations. This is absolutely superb and is guaranteed to make people cry. Give it a try and you'll see what I mean.

will listen

If you say you've got one in your head already, isn't that the answer?

im not sure... but I think you’re right

No love for...?

A few songs hit me hard now since hearing them at funerals. Louis Armstrong's What a Wonderful World is one. I can't listen to the song Day n Nite, Crookers remix by Kid Cudi as it was played at the funeral of a young kid who died (that was the most played track on his iPod).

Which song is the most 'you'?

You had me at TOOL to be honest.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surprised we go this far without this coming up. This is the song I would want played.

You've made me think hard on this sad part of life. There are 3 songs I'm thinking of. Into my arms by Nick Cave, Picture in a frame by Tom Waits and Stay by Shakespeare's Sister. All of us in here will miss you terribly when the time comes.

Stay by Shakespeare's Sister.

Now there’s a great song. A fantastic song.

I should also include Epic by Faith No More
Unchained Melody by the Righteous Brothers
Running to Stand Still by U2

Now there’s a great song. A fantastic song.

I should also include Epic by Faith No More
Unchained Melody by the Righteous Brothers
Running to Stand Still by U2
Some good choices there.

I would like Tom Petty's I won't back down... but he has plenty of others...

Ode to BF - don't come around here no more.

U2's One is used often... but I would go more up tempo with even better than the real thing.

Linkin Park's Numb is how I will feel after bad news...

Back