Other Help Me Pick an NFL Team

Remove this Banner Ad

KingTredrea16 said:
I don't know who to support in the NFL? How did you become a supporter of your side?

Snow Day/Tuck Rule

IT WAS A FUMBLE PEOPLE!

Re: I don't know who to support...

I saw a special on Donovan McNabb when he was a rookie and he donated 4 houses to single mothers in the Philadelphia area. Started following the Eagles after that.

KingTredrea16 said:
I don't know who to support in the NFL? How did you become a supporter of your side?

Don't rush into picking a team as you'd want to be passionate about the game first of all. Try watch every team, find out what excites you the most in teams / players. I follow the Steelers after having watched many years of the NFL in the 80's with the 49ers, Redskins, NY Giants dominating but I wasn't ready to pick a team as I wasn't too passionate about the game then (still learning the rules & studying the game) until I watched a Wildcard play-off game in late December 1989, Steelers vs Oilers, when a #26 for Pittsburgh kept making play after play, top notch defensive plays that started winning me over. Followed watching more NFL the following season and noticed this #26 kept getting better & better, thought, this guy is AMAZING !! Now you know where my BF name originates from. Sure, Rod Woodson, got traded on (to my dissappointment :( ) but I still remain his #1 fan and am happy he won his much deserved SB ring. Been to the Pro-Bowl ELEVEN times and will no doubt go to Canton (Hall of Fame) in five years.

On the flipside, I've seen many other dominant Steeler teams throughout the 90's play that uncompromising brand of smash-mouth football (on defense) that have taken them to play-offs and now emerges another superstar in the making >> his name is BIG BEN !!!

Hope you enjoy watching NFL this season, KT16, feel free to ask questions about players and teams and most of us will be honest in our appraisal. Join our tipping comp also. Will give you another guide about teams in general. Don't be sucked in to look into the past of Super Bowl glory. They have nothing to do with you if you weren't a passionate fan when they won them. And we'll let you know straight off the bat that the Patriots are on a hat-trick of SB wins. Feel free to pick them as your team if you want but we won't let you BRAG at all for thier recent success. :)

Just watch as many games as you can this season and you should find yourself supporting a team more than the others...

I started supporting the Broncos when i saw Elway. Simple as that.. he was amazing.

-Whatever you do, dont support the Raiders :D

Pretty much along the same lines as Woodson, saw a player I liked and decided to follow his team.

That player was Sterling Sharpe.

It all fit. Loved the colours. Loved the fact that they were a pretty average team at that point... of course, they haven't had a losing season since so I like to think I can take the credit for the success over the past 12-13 years :D .

I shed a tear when Sterling had to give it up.

That Packer #84 is special... as is the #36. Javon Walker and Nick Collins= Future Superstars. :cool:

Seriously though... if Sterling didn't get that neck injury... we'd be saying Jerry who? :p

I lived in Wisconsin for 18 years, the last four of those in Green Bay itself. The clincher was when they started drafting Nebraskans.

My first game was .... Minnesota @ Atlanta, NFC championship game... about 5 years ago... had no idea what was going on but I 'think' Minnesota had dominated all year... were overwelming favourites... and lost... haha. Then Denver won the superbowl... Ive been locked in ever since.

But to the subject... I followed it for a while and then just decided to follow Dallas... I thought Deion Sanders was amazing, the cockest.. funniest bloke... but he was so dominant and feared as a cornerback and a returner. I dont like the mouthy players but yeah... it was perhaps part of the reason. Plus the respect that Aikman and Emmitt had.

Always have a soft spot for Denver, Tampa, and Atlanta though... not sure why... just been fun teams to watch.

It is where you are raised...like in Aussie rules, what part of Melbourne you are from...but it comes with passion and fever...and it doesn't get better than....

E-A-G-L-E-S!!!!!

IGGLES!!!!!!

With a good cold Schlitz beer, a hoagie and a soft pretzel with mustard...
The working man's team....get behind them, son!

KingTredrea16 said:

It can depend on who you have your money on and for me it has been Detroit for this year and last. I remember getting 33/1 about Baltimore the year they won the Super Bowl and this year I have taken the 50's on the Lions, last year they were 80/1 so they must have improved!!!!

I must admit I like to watch the game and don't support a side with a passion but do keep an eye on a couple of teams. They are the Jets, the Bengals and the Lions. As my money is on the Lions I will be watching them closer than usual ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

camsmith said:
Just watch as many games as you can this season and you should find yourself supporting a team more than the others...

I started supporting the Broncos when i saw Elway. Simple as that.. he was amazing.

-Whatever you do, dont support the Raiders :D

ooohhh come to the dark side!!

Thanks for the replies, guys! I like the Ravens (Ray Lewis) alot.

The Bills are it for me. Started watching in the early 90's when they had a great team, but just seemed to have some other team over shadow them every year. they were easily the most consistent team of that period. however they did lose 4 consecutive super bowls, much to my dismay. i lived in toronto for a while in 2003 and they love the Bills there so it just renewed my passion.

i had this exact problem when i started following the afl, and to be honest it took me a few teams before i settled on one. you will find out of all the teams you like, you will keep coming back to one, and when you are wtaching a game and you start to get really really frustrated at them and want to throw stuff at the tv, then i reckon you are on your way as the passion is starting

Lenny Briscoe said:
sounds like a top bloke if he supports the dolphins.

go fins in 2007

(cause this year already almost looks like a write off after watching the first half of the hall of fame game against chicago)

If AJ starts...*sigh*

Put Gus in already!

I started getting interested in the game a bit, and then read a book called 'distant replay' by one of the Packer's Superbowl I and II winning players, its about a 30 year reuniuon of those superbowl winning teams. Henceforth i was a Packers fan.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back