Help me understand this joke

Remove this Banner Ad

HarryTiger

Premiership Player
Jul 4, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
This joke was told on Letterman. I found it on the internet and this reads exactly as it was told on Letterman. I don't get it.

They were discussing a book "The Great Jewish Joke Book", but I'm not sure if this is meant to be a jewish joke, I wasn't following that closely at the time.

A guy goes into a bakery and asks for a cake in the shape of a letter B. He comes back to pick it up the next day, and says, “Oh, I’m sorry, I totally forgot to tell you I wanted it to be a lower case B. I’ll pay for this one, but could you redo it as a lower-case?” The baker says, “Hey, that’s okay, no problem, I’ll redo it, and I won’t charge you.” So the guy comes back the next day to pick up the cake, and says, “Oh, I can’t believe I forgot to tell you this, but I wanted it to be a cursive lower-case B.” “The baker says, “Well, this time I’m going to have to charge you for this one, but come back tomorrow and we’ll have a cursive lower-case B for you.” So the guy comes back the next day, inspects the cake, and pronounces it perfect. The baker says, “Would you like me to wrap that up for you?” and the guy answers, “No, that’s okay, I’ll just eat it here.”

He was trying to get cakes for free?

He's eating a cursive B, that means something?

It's just a s**t joke?

(http://myimaginaryblog.wordpress.com/2008/05/20/b-j-novaks-favorite-joke/)

i think it's about how customers sometimes behave :) insisting for perfection when the thing was fine anyway

Remove this Banner Ad

Back