Keys

Looking for a cloud to yell at
Oct 11, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Bengals
For those unaware, one of our own AxialMat was on the wrong end of a tragedy recently, more specifically his girlfriend.

She was a passenger in a vehicle in a car crash last Sunday that took two lives, including her best friend, and left her with a broken back

As you could imagine, this has placed a young couple in a considerable financial predicament and a gofundme page has been set up with a link below

So to whatever extent you can help out, follow the link and donate accordingly

We’re all with you Matt in wishing Gabrielle a full and speedy recovery

MrKK

Premiership Player
Mar 11, 2012
City of churches
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Sturt, Southampton FC, LSU
Good luck Matty, crossing everything for a speedy recovery and hope the support of this BigFooty family helps you both through this.

Feb 4, 2021
AFL Club
West Coast
Hey Mate, awful news. Just do your best and remember to take some time to look after yourself. You can't help if you're burnt out.

I donated, it wasn't much but I hope a lot of people can donate not much so it can add up for you!

daddy_4_eyes

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 7, 2000
Victoria home of football
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Eagles
Working as a financial planner, I've had a number of clients whom I helped claim on insurance years after the injury/illness event or after policy lapsed because they weren't aware they had insurance cover as part of their superannuation policy.

AxialMat, check your girlfriends super statements, most people have default insurance cover that should provide at least some relief.
If industry super (CBus, Hostplus, HESTA, etc), there should be $2k p/m cover with a 2 year benefit, that will help with cash flow while she's not working (depending on severity of injury, TPD might be another option for a lump sum injection).
If retail super (AMP, BT, IOOF, etc), could be substantially more.

DanWCE

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 2, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Next time I get off my ass I'll grab my wallet and flick you my weekly beer budget from my slush fund, mate. Try not to over think things at the moment. Hope you're feeling a bit better now you've seen your girl.

ep2018

Bigfooty Pessimist
Sep 16, 2006
AFL Club
West Coast
I donated on fri night and I will donate my multi winnings tonight if Freo win and I collect, I cant imagine what you and your girlfriend, and the family of her friend (and the family of the woman who was driving the other car) are going through Matty and I feel horrible.

ep2018

Bigfooty Pessimist
Sep 16, 2006
AFL Club
West Coast
Working as a financial planner, I've had a number of clients whom I helped claim on insurance years after the injury/illness event or after policy lapsed because they weren't aware they had insurance cover as part of their superannuation policy.

AxialMat, check your girlfriends super statements, most people have default insurance cover that should provide at least some relief.
If industry super (CBus, Hostplus, HESTA, etc), there should be $2k p/m cover with a 2 year benefit, that will help with cash flow while she's not working (depending on severity of injury, TPD might be another option for a lump sum injection).
If retail super (AMP, BT, IOOF, etc), could be substantially more.
I didnt even realise this was a thing until I got a letter about some government changes to super about a year or two ago. That your super will pay out a sum of money to your dependents if you either become disabled or if you die.

xInfected_Virus

Team Captain
Apr 23, 2020
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Richmond and Collingwood.
This board is a family, we help one another in need which in this case is Matty's girlfriend. We never know when you may need the help, the WCE BF board has got your back.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

HoneyBadger35

Hypocrite and Reprobate
Aug 11, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
Eagles legends: had a chat with the almighty Chief himself, and he’s said that he will give one free month of Premium Platinum to your BigFooty account if you donate $25 or more to this GoFundMe and send him a receipt. Details below.

No Banner Ads: Platinum Members see no external banner ads within the web forums or on the BigFooty App.

1000MB of Media storage: Platinum Members can have up to 1000MB in their Media Gallery. This is 200MB for standard members.

Change User Name: Change own username once via the "User Name Change" link on your account page. Note that all past usernames are listed on profiles to avoid confusion.

No flood check: Bypass flood-check, normal members must wait 30 seconds before posting again.

Add a Poll: Add a Poll to an existing thread of your own at any time.

Reorganise your Medals: Change the order your medals appear under your profile.

Edit thread titles: Edit your own thread titles within 5 minutes of creating the thread, this is 1 minute for normal members.

Larger Avatar file size: Avatar file upload size can be up to 2 MB, four times that of normal members.

More conversation participants: Start conversations with up to 12 other members at once. Normal members can start a Convo with up to 4 people.

Premium Forum: Special premium forum available only to subscribers - JOIN THE CLUB!

Last edited:

Dazzler9

Formerly 'Dazzler10'
Apr 30, 2015
Krypton
AFL Club
West Coast
Eagles legends: had a chat with the almighty Chief himself, and he’s said that he will give one free month of Premium Platinum to your BigFooty account if you donate $25 or more to this GoFundMe and send him a receipt. Details below.

No Banner Ads: Platinum Members see no external banner ads within the web forums or on the BigFooty App.

1000MB of Media storage: Platinum Members can have up to 1000MB in their Media Gallery. This is 200MB for standard members.

Change User Name: Change own username once via the "User Name Change" link on your account page. Note that all past usernames are listed on profiles to avoid confusion.

No flood check: Bypass flood-check, normal members must wait 30 seconds before posting again.

Add a Poll: Add a Poll to an existing thread of your own at any time.

Reorganise your Medals: Change the order your medals appear under your profile.

Edit thread titles: Edit your own thread titles within 5 minutes of creating the thread, this is 1 minute for normal members.

Larger Avatar file size: Avatar file upload size can be up to 2 MB, four times that of normal members.

More conversation participants: Start conversations with up to 12 other members at once. Normal members can start a Convo with up to 4 people.

Premium Forum: Special premium forum available only to subscribers - JOIN THE CLUB!
Finally, I get to change my username. Dazzler9, here I come.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad