Mod. Notice Help out fellow poster AxialMat

Remove this Banner Ad

For those unaware, one of our own AxialMat was on the wrong end of a tragedy recently, more specifically his girlfriend.

She was a passenger in a vehicle in a car crash last Sunday that took two lives, including her best friend, and left her with a broken back

As you could imagine, this has placed a young couple in a considerable financial predicament and a gofundme page has been set up with a link below

So to whatever extent you can help out, follow the link and donate accordingly

We’re all with you Matt in wishing Gabrielle a full and speedy recovery

Working as a financial planner, I've had a number of clients whom I helped claim on insurance years after the injury/illness event or after policy lapsed because they weren't aware they had insurance cover as part of their superannuation policy.

AxialMat, check your girlfriends super statements, most people have default insurance cover that should provide at least some relief.
If industry super (CBus, Hostplus, HESTA, etc), there should be $2k p/m cover with a 2 year benefit, that will help with cash flow while she's not working (depending on severity of injury, TPD might be another option for a lump sum injection).
If retail super (AMP, BT, IOOF, etc), could be substantially more.

Next time I get off my ass I'll grab my wallet and flick you my weekly beer budget from my slush fund, mate. Try not to over think things at the moment. Hope you're feeling a bit better now you've seen your girl.

Working as a financial planner, I've had a number of clients whom I helped claim on insurance years after the injury/illness event or after policy lapsed because they weren't aware they had insurance cover as part of their superannuation policy.

AxialMat, check your girlfriends super statements, most people have default insurance cover that should provide at least some relief.
If industry super (CBus, Hostplus, HESTA, etc), there should be $2k p/m cover with a 2 year benefit, that will help with cash flow while she's not working (depending on severity of injury, TPD might be another option for a lump sum injection).
If retail super (AMP, BT, IOOF, etc), could be substantially more.
I didnt even realise this was a thing until I got a letter about some government changes to super about a year or two ago. That your super will pay out a sum of money to your dependents if you either become disabled or if you die.

This board is a family, we help one another in need which in this case is Matty's girlfriend. We never know when you may need the help, the WCE BF board has got your back.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Eagles legends: had a chat with the almighty Chief himself, and he’s said that he will give one free month of Premium Platinum to your BigFooty account if you donate $25 or more to this GoFundMe and send him a receipt. Details below.

No Banner Ads: Platinum Members see no external banner ads within the web forums or on the BigFooty App.

1000MB of Media storage: Platinum Members can have up to 1000MB in their Media Gallery. This is 200MB for standard members.

Change User Name: Change own username once via the "User Name Change" link on your account page. Note that all past usernames are listed on profiles to avoid confusion.

No flood check: Bypass flood-check, normal members must wait 30 seconds before posting again.

Add a Poll: Add a Poll to an existing thread of your own at any time.

Reorganise your Medals: Change the order your medals appear under your profile.

Edit thread titles: Edit your own thread titles within 5 minutes of creating the thread, this is 1 minute for normal members.

Larger Avatar file size: Avatar file upload size can be up to 2 MB, four times that of normal members.

More conversation participants: Start conversations with up to 12 other members at once. Normal members can start a Convo with up to 4 people.

Premium Forum: Special premium forum available only to subscribers - JOIN THE CLUB!

Last edited:
Eagles legends: had a chat with the almighty Chief himself, and he’s said that he will give one free month of Premium Platinum to your BigFooty account if you donate $25 or more to this GoFundMe and send him a receipt. Details below.

No Banner Ads: Platinum Members see no external banner ads within the web forums or on the BigFooty App.

1000MB of Media storage: Platinum Members can have up to 1000MB in their Media Gallery. This is 200MB for standard members.

Change User Name: Change own username once via the "User Name Change" link on your account page. Note that all past usernames are listed on profiles to avoid confusion.

No flood check: Bypass flood-check, normal members must wait 30 seconds before posting again.

Add a Poll: Add a Poll to an existing thread of your own at any time.

Reorganise your Medals: Change the order your medals appear under your profile.

Edit thread titles: Edit your own thread titles within 5 minutes of creating the thread, this is 1 minute for normal members.

Larger Avatar file size: Avatar file upload size can be up to 2 MB, four times that of normal members.

More conversation participants: Start conversations with up to 12 other members at once. Normal members can start a Convo with up to 4 people.

Premium Forum: Special premium forum available only to subscribers - JOIN THE CLUB!
Finally, I get to change my username. Dazzler9, here I come.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back