Team Captain
Oct 14, 2003
Lovetown
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mighty Dees
Hi,

Dees fan lazing in Surfers for a few days. What's the best venue in Surfer's to watch AFL on Friday/Saturday night?

I will be at the Suns v Pies barracking for the Suns & Dunny.

Surfers has changed a little since my Dad holidayed here from Brissy in the 30s!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Catch an uber to Sharks bar in Southport. Best place for footy games.

Sent from my MHA-L09 using Tapatalk

Catch an uber to Sharks bar in Southport. Best place for footy games.

Sent from my MHA-L09 using Tapatalk
Yeah cause Surfers is a party place you will find the bars will have music playing so you won't be able to watch it with volume.

So the advice by Lynchy is spot on. If money is a bit of an issue maybe catch the light rail all the way to the end of the line and then Uber it from there.

Hi,

Dees fan lazing in Surfers for a few days. What's the best venue in Surfer's to watch AFL on Friday/Saturday night?

I will be at the Suns v Pies barracking for the Suns & Dunny.

Surfers has changed a little since my Dad holidayed here from Brissy in the 30s!
It's very unlikely you'll find anywhere showing AFL on a big screen but one place in Surfers that should have it on (albeit likely on a smaller screen) is the Melbas bottom level. There would be 10+ screens on the bottom level and typically they play any live sport going on at that time. The vibe is comparable to a bar with loud music so you won't have to deal with the typical nightclub BS. You can just pull up a stool and watch the footy over a few beers.

Should consider stickying this thread, it is a popular question - fair enough too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back