CM9000

BigFooty Optimist
Aug 19, 2016
Perth, WA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
East Fremantle
The East Fremantle football club is currently seeking donations to ensure their survival beyond 2020 and into 2021. The past couple seasons have been quite hard for the club, and with the financial devastation from the pandemic, this has pushed things to the edge.

The Sharks are the most successful club in WAFL history. Even if you don't follow the WAFL, the Old Easts have contributed massively to West Coast throughout our entire history - the best example being our highest goal scorerer of all time (JK). Other Eagles legends who played for East Fremantle include:
* Daniel Kerr
* Brad Sheppard
* Elliot Yeo
* Chris Mainwaring
* Chris Waterman
* Ben Cousins
* Chris Masten
* Jamie Cripps
* Daniel Chick
* Michael Brennan
* Steve Malaxos

Currently, $25,000 has been raised so far towards a goal of $100,000, but we do need more assistance to reach the final goal. If anyone could donate just a little on here to help us out, we'd be eternally grateful. The AFL doesn't give a * about local teams other than the ones from the VFL, so we have to rely on the goodwill from supporters and WA footy fans.

Not everyone would have connection to East Fremantle, but if you care about WA and want to help its greatest ever WAFL club continue to thrive, please, consider donating. If anything, West Coast needs the Old Easts if it wants to continue to be a powerhouse.

Here's the link: https://www.gofundme.com/f/keep-122-years-of-tradition-alive

Both myself and my father played for Easts, big part of my footy life.

Hate seeing how much we've struggled recently.

Chip in a few dollars if you can, they are part of WA football history.

Jeez, nearly halfway to the goal of $100,000. Cheers to anyone who's donated on here.

I hope they don't fold, i've enjoyed the floggings we have given them of late, but no way i could bring myself to give them money, sorry mate my dislike for them is larger than my dislike for the Dockers.

Last edited:
The East Fremantle football club is currently seeking donations to ensure their survival beyond 2020 and into 2021. The past couple seasons have been quite hard for the club, and with the financial devastation from the pandemic, this has pushed things to the edge.

The Sharks are the most successful club in WAFL history. Even if you don't follow the WAFL, the Old Easts have contributed massively to West Coast throughout our entire history - the best example being our highest goal scorerer of all time (JK). Other Eagles legends who played for East Fremantle include:
* Daniel Kerr
* Brad Sheppard
* Elliot Yeo
* Chris Mainwaring
* Chris Waterman
* Ben Cousins
* Chris Masten
* Jamie Cripps
* Daniel Chick
* Michael Brennan
* Steve Malaxos

Currently, $25,000 has been raised so far towards a goal of $100,000, but we do need more assistance to reach the final goal. If anyone could donate just a little on here to help us out, we'd be eternally grateful. The AFL doesn't give a fu** about local teams other than the ones from the VFL, so we have to rely on the goodwill from supporters and WA footy fans.

Not everyone would have connection to East Fremantle, but if you care about WA and want to help its greatest ever WAFL club continue to thrive, please, consider donating. If anything, West Coast needs the Old Easts if it wants to continue to be a powerhouse.

Here's the link: https://www.gofundme.com/f/keep-122-years-of-tradition-alive

Malaxos was a Claremont product.
Like the sentiment though. Let's hope they and indeed all WAFL clubs (even the Garlics) survive.

As many of you will already know I bleed Blue and Gold as a Claremont Football Club Member and devotee, I wore the jumper as a kid with honour and played most of my football at Claremont Oval.
My three favourite grounds to play on were in this order:

Leederville Oval.
Lathlaine Park.
East Fremantle Oval.

My very early memories of following the WAFL since the 60's are rich and vivid, and highlighted by watched my second ever WAFL grand final as a 7 year old sitting on my fathers shoulders in 1964.

( Watched my first ever GF as a 6 year old sitting on the planked stand that was put up for finals with my Pop and my Father ... Pop followed East Fremantle and was very disappointed when Old Easts { as they were known by then } , fell to a Swan Districts three peat of premierships. )

Then I watched my third GF with Pop and Dad as Old Easts turned the tables on the Little Black Ducks and in doing so after three straight GF losses..... they won at their fourth successive attempt. Pop was happy and for him... so was I.

Back to and my WAFL tale in the 1964 GF:
Claremont had not won a flag since 1940 and the 24 year misery trail had haunted the sleepy hollow.

The 1964 Tigers were a fairytale premiership team that finished fourth on the ladder to fight their way to meet top of the ladder East Fremantle who were playing in their third successive Grand Final.

( I have been a Member of Claremont since 1979 and am a WAFL supporter.
If the Eagles ever folded then back to the WAFL I would head.)

I digress.

My WAFL love and appreciation of its heritage and history has, in the fullness of time, have me come to appreciate that four WAFL Clubs have contributed significantly more players to the AFL / VFL that the rest of the League.

They are:

East Fremantle.
Claremont.
Swan Districts.
South Fremantle.

These four Clubs have two things in common:

1. Their dedication to their juniors.
2. Their loyal commitment to their country zones.

East Fremantle's demise would sadden me and it would be a massive blow to the history of the WAFL ... and the Older I get the more I value and Respect History.

That is why Old Easts MUST survive ........ and why I will be going down to Moss Street in the next few weeks and plonking $ 100 to their cause.

You see, simply put, for me, the WAFL IS the Genesis of my love for our wonderful football code.

at least you're not getting abused like on the salty freo board

Just saw the thread there

Ho-ly *

What a petty and insecure bunch who cared more about you were an Eagles supporter rather than the cause you were raising awareness for.

Freo fans proving once again what a bunch of insecure flogs they are.

Happy to claim Fremantle football history when it suits them to pump up their pathetic little club, but when push comes to shove, will give nothing of value back.

May their miserable, winless existence continue.

Freo fans proving once again what a bunch of insecure flogs they are.

Happy to claim Fremantle football history when it suits them to pump up their pathetic little club, but when push comes to shove, will give nothing of value back.

Hit the nail on the head here Maverick

"Our club comes from Fremantle, it's an actual location unlike West Coast (Where is that even on a map ROFLCOPTERS!). We are rich in tradition and history unlike your soul less franchise down here at Cockburn I mean Fremantle!"

East Fremantle, one of the clubs you claim as part of your tradition and history is in trouble

"* that Eagle, get out of here i'm not contributing because it came from one of YOUR supporters"

*the rest furiously mash the like button in support*

Hit the nail on the head here Maverick

"Our club comes from Fremantle, it's an actual location unlike West Coast (Where is that even on a map ROFLCOPTERS!). We are rich in tradition and history unlike your soul less franchise down here at Cockburn I mean Fremantle!"

East Fremantle, one of the clubs you claim as part of your tradition and history is in trouble

"fu** that Eagle, get out of here i'm not contributing because it came from one of YOUR supporters"

*the rest furiously mash the like button in support*

My favourite part is where one of the flogs is upset because CM mentioned premierships and it's triggered them because it's too much like he's a gloating Eagles fan.

* me, how rent free are we living in their heads. :drunk:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My favourite part is where one of the flogs is upset because CM mentioned premierships and it's triggered them because it's too much like he's a gloating Eagles fan.

fu** me, how rent free are we living in their heads. :drunk:

Even better is them saying you can't support one of the port club if you support the Eagles.
So by their own logic it means they can only support East or South Fremantle themselves and no other WAFL club is acceptable.

They really are a "special" bunch down there

Even better is them saying you can't support one of the port club if you support the Eagles.
So by their own logic it means they can only support East or South Fremantle themselves and no other WAFL club is acceptable.

They really are a "special" bunch down there

A large portion of their supporter base wears helmets to protect their soft spots, and backpacks with indicators on them.

I don't think you understand the freo boards reaction to this we consider the s£%t fight as sort of internet sport.

As a south supporter i'll go and donate however I think its a marvellous time to get stuck into east supporters.

I don't think you understand the freo boards reaction to this we consider the s£%t fight as sort of internet sport.

As a south supporter i'll go and donate however I think its a marvellous time to get stuck into east supporters.

A Freo supporter mentioning sport on the Eagles board is a deliberate reference to that derby you guys won that time.

That's ... some reaction over there :drunk:

Classic Freo.

Wowee what a shitshow. Basically if you go for Easts or Souths and WC then boo hiss and if you go for Souths then Easts can suck a dick. Righto. A lot of rustled jimmies just because the guy who started the thread goes for WC. When it's really got nothing to do with WC or Freo... I go for Swans but don't want to see any of the WAFL clubs go under.

Just ticked over 100k.

Big thanks to everyone who donated, awesome to see some current and past AFL players support their WAFL club.

My old man has told me a few times about Subiaco rattling tins back in the 80s. He's a diehard West Perth supporter and former player but he would put money in the tins to help out.

But he's found it hard to cop what has happened since. Subi own the league now after all the cash they made on game day from the Subiaco members bar at Subiaco oval once the Eagles and then freo arrived. And having them and even worse East Perth now based at Leederville shits him after we left, and subsequently got shafted by Joondalup Arena management. 24 years after we relocated north we finally got our own bar and rooms in Joondalup where we can display memorabilia. Before that we only got a cut of the bar sales from Arena management and the memorabilia cabinet was about 3m long at the end of the walkway above the indoor basketball courts.

East Fremantle are a legendary club in all of Australian sport. So many premierships and absolute stars have been developed there. They and all the battling WAFL clubs deserve more support from the state government.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back