Help! the City Boyz needs your help!

Remove this Banner Ad

Jul 5, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Victory,Napoli,Liverpool,Penguins
As we all know our friend The City Boyz is very conflicted at the moment after witnessing Melbourne City/Heart disappoint him yet again last night, he's not sure what to do next.

Should he continue supporting City (which most likely will continue to disappoint him) turncoat over to Victory (you know he wants to) or forget the A-league and support Port Melbourne Sharks in the NPL (LMFAO!)

So any head shrinks or regular pub know it all's out there willing to help please post.

Last edited:
As we all know our friend The City Boyz is very conflicted at the moment after witnessing Melbourne City/Heart disappoint him yet again last night he's not sure what do do next.

Should he continue supporting City (which most likely will continue to disappoint him) turncoat over to Victory (you know he wants to) or forget the A-league and support Port Melbourne Sharks in the NPL (LMFAO!)

So any head shrinks or regular pub know it all's out there willing to help please post.
This is gold mate:D

Also fellas- one more thing. If we were still Heart, this topic would not exist. But these criminals have come into my club, bought out my team, and don't bring the results to make up for it. It's disgusting and I don't know why I bother standing in a half full terrace full of people that feel the same way. It's disgusting, really it is.

Yeah but it's hard mate. But if south come into the league, that's where I'll be.
I'm the same. I'm a diehard Adelaide City fan and still go and watch them more than Adelaide United but when United came in I bought memberships because I wanted to go to A-League games. I like United but the passion for them is nowhere near what it is for City

I'm the same. I'm a diehard Adelaide City fan and still go and watch them more than Adelaide United but when United came in I bought memberships because I wanted to go to A-League games. I like United but the passion for them is nowhere near what it is for City
I'm so confused mate:(

I'm so confused mate:(
Follow South and wait for them to get a license in a year or so hopefully.
The crowds aren't great but I actually enjoy going and watching Adelaide City far more than A-League games. Catch up with mates, have a few beers and enjoy the good food on offer

Follow South and wait for them to get a license in a year or so hopefully.
The crowds aren't great but I actually enjoy going and watching Adelaide City far more than A-League games. Catch up with mates, have a few beers and enjoy the good food on offer
Aha I'm a bit young for beer mate, but beside for that it doesn't sound bad. Not Victory?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The City Boyz, having read your posts from this season, I think you've half made the decision. I think you've forsaken City, I just think it might take you a while to cross the picket and go for their only serious rival whom you've been conditioned to detest.

Yes, you'll cop s**t from friends, and you'll cop s**t from people on this board if you go from one side of Melbourne to the other - but you're still young. You've got a lot of football support in front of you.

The City Boyz, having read your posts from this season, I think you've half made the decision. I think you've forsaken City, I just think it might take you a while to cross the picket and go for their only serious rival whom you've been conditioned to detest.

Yes, you'll cop s**t from friends, and you'll cop s**t from people on this board if you go from one side of Melbourne to the other - but you're still young. You've got a lot of football support in front of you.
You know what? That is the best, most accurate post I have read on this site for a long, long time. I think you are 100% spot on. It's literally gotten to the point where I feel like supporting the guys who took over my club is not an option anymore. You've probably explained it better than I have TBH.

Out of interest, do you understand/respect my reasons for this desicion? Would you accept an ex-City fan?

The City Boyz
I've known you for about 10 months on this forum and I really like you. I'd love to see you go for the Victory. How about this, When you decide to make the switch, tell me and for the next season i'll pay for your season ticket.:D
HAHA mate now there's an offer that's tough to refuse.

Changing sides is generally turncoat behaviour.
I could never change any of my sides you ride the highs and lows.
Since you are quite young though you can get away with it.
But plenty of people changed after Heart were demolished, its more to do with that. I miss Heart, and it's hard supporting the architects of their downfall.

Changing sides is generally turncoat behaviour.
I could never change any of my sides you ride the highs and lows.
Since you are quite young though you can get away with it.
If the City owners pack up their bags the Heart will probally go and South Melbourne will come in.

I think he would rather support the Victory over South Melbourne.

Even though changing clubs is very wrong, I think he will get away with it on this occasion:D

If the City owners pack up their bags the Heart will probally go and South Melbourne will come in.

I think he would rather support the Victory over South Melbourne.

Even though changing clubs is very wrong, I think he will get away with it on this occasion:D
I haven't swapped yet mate, still considering...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back