Remove this Banner Ad

Lucev23

Josh Kennedy is My Dad
Sep 10, 2006
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Chelsea FC
Guys, as some of you know I'm only new to photoshop, I need a bit of help.

I'm wondering how is the best way to go about putting stripes/sashes/whatever on a jumper without stuffing up the outer edge of the jumper and making it look tacky.

I've tried using the paint bucket tool and filling but it looks tacky and stuffs up the edges, I've tried using the quick selection tool, hiding the stripe/slash/whatever,selecting the shape of the jumper, then deselecting and unhiding the stripe/slash/whever and pressing delete but it never quite does it right and looks crap. I end up just doing it manually with a brush but surely there is a quicker and better way.

Help please?

Re: Help wanted.

Guys, as some of you know I'm only new to photoshop, I need a bit of help.

I'm wondering how is the best way to go about putting stripes/sashes/whatever on a jumper without stuffing up the outer edge of the jumper and making it look tacky.

I've tried using the paint bucket tool and filling but it looks tacky and stuffs up the edges, I've tried using the quick selection tool, hiding the stripe/slash/whatever,selecting the shape of the jumper, then deselecting and unhiding the stripe/slash/whever and pressing delete but it never quite does it right and looks crap. I end up just doing it manually with a brush but surely there is a quicker and better way.

Help please?

I'm not 100% sure what ya mean. I find it hard to understand photoshop crap with out looking at it (maybe post some pics of what you've done). What I'd do is just use the pen tool in the colour ya after. Gives you straight lines in the shape and position ya want. Does that help?

What I do is, make a duplicate of the shirt front layer and with the copied layer use the rectangular marquee tool to delete select parts of the layer to make stripes/hoops.

With sashes I first open MS Paint and try drawing a diagonal line as straight as possible, and then I copy that diagonal line into photoshop, the diagonal line with became a layer. in that layer use the magic wand tool, to make an outline of the line, now hide the layer with the diagonal line. Again duplicate the shirt front layer and then using the outline of the diagonal line to delete sections of the duplicated layer.

Hope you understand...

Make stripes, a sash, whatever using the shape tools, above the base layer. Simplify/merge the layers, select the base layer, go to select (at the top) and then inverse. Now that you've selected everything but the shape of the jumper, go to your stripes/sash/whatever layer and press delete.

I asked the same question on the photoshop tutorial thread and InCase explained it to me, so maybe check that if you're still confused.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back