Help with membership / SCG seating

Remove this Banner Ad

GoTheSwannies

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 5, 2009
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Hey guys, apologies if this is in the wrong place, mods, feel free to move it if thats the case.

I'm looking at getting a couple of memberships for 2024 after letting my membership lapse a couple years back (I couldn't make it to many games).

I was hoping for some advice on what level membership I should get to give me a decent chance of getting grand final tickets. I was planning on getting gold memberships but would consider a higher membership if gold won't cut it for GF tickets.

Also. With seating, any advice on what bays are best and any other advice you have on selecting good seats would be appreciated.

I previously sat in bay 33, close to the boundary / bench and quite liked being close to the action, but the positioning meant that I couldn't get a view of the field as a whole, so I'd be open to a seat with a higher view so I can take in more of the action.

I also prefer seats close to the aisle so I don't need to cross a bunch of people to get to the bar / toilets.

If anyone has any tips or advice, I'd really appreciate it.

I have gold membership and a friend of mine was able to use my membership to get a GF ticket last year. Not sure what the % chances are of that though. I think the redback club is the only guaranteed way to get a GF ticket.
You don’t need to be a Redback to get guaranteed GF tickets, though the ticket acquisition process is easier and supposedly you’ll get a better seat. (My GF seats have been getting progressively worse, though, as the years have go by).

Purchasing a ‘Premiership Club’ membership as an add on will guarantee you a seat. I think you can buy this regardless of what basic membership you buy. Used to be around $50 but the price has probably gone up since they first introduced it. I suspect it’s still under $100. The Swans’ website will provide the details. This method just guarantees you a ticket but not a good seat. You might be in the Nosebleeds, or maybe even just standing room.

Hey guys, apologies if this is in the wrong place, mods, feel free to move it if thats the case.

I'm looking at getting a couple of memberships for 2024 after letting my membership lapse a couple years back (I couldn't make it to many games).

I was hoping for some advice on what level membership I should get to give me a decent chance of getting grand final tickets. I was planning on getting gold memberships but would consider a higher membership if gold won't cut it for GF tickets.

Also. With seating, any advice on what bays are best and any other advice you have on selecting good seats would be appreciated.

I previously sat in bay 33, close to the boundary / bench and quite liked being close to the action, but the positioning meant that I couldn't get a view of the field as a whole, so I'd be open to a seat with a higher view so I can take in more of the action.

I also prefer seats close to the aisle so I don't need to cross a bunch of people to get to the bar / toilets.

If anyone has any tips or advice, I'd really appreciate it.
Premiership Club gives you a guaranteed GF seat and can be added onto any membership. I've had brilliant seats to all our GF's and definitely not the nose bleeds or standing room - they are the seats you get if you don't have any guarantee and go into the ballot.
As far as SCG seats go, I've had reserved seats all over the place, even had a corporate box for a couple of years where I dropped my membership back to Red Zone to be able to keep my Premiership Club.
After Covid we gave up the box and have since just been sitting in the Red Zone - we love it, best seats in the house.
If it's wet or too hot, we sit up the back undercover where there are screens to watch goal replays. If I bring my grandkids, we sit down close for them to feel part of the action and then the absolute best part, we can bring as many friends as we want, just have to buy GA tix and we can all sit together.
The only down side we've found is you have to get to the ground early to get your seats of choice.

Last edited:
Premiership Club gives you a guaranteed GF seat and can be added onto any membership. I've had brilliant seats to all our GF's and definitely not the nose bleeds or standing room - they are the seats you get if you don't have any guarantee and go into the ballot.
As far as SCG seats go, I've had reserved seats all over the place, even had a corporate box for a couple of years where I dropped my membership back to Red Zone to be able to keep my Premiership Club.
After Covid we gave up the box and have since just been sitting in the Red Zone - we love it, best seats in the house.
If it's wet or too hot, we sit up the back undercover where there are screens to watch goal replays. If I bring my grandkids, we sit down close for them to feel part of the action and then the absolute best part, we can bring as many friends as we want, just have to buy GA tix and we can all sit together.
The only down side we've found is you have to get to the ground early to get your seats of choice.
I'm generally not the most organised person (nor a patient one) so I'm not sure how I'd go with GA tickets, having to get to the ground early and reserve a seat. I'd still consider it as an option though, I'd just have to be a little more diligent when it comes to games.

Thanks all for the advice. Please keep them coming, this thread might be useful for other prospective members.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back