Henderson has Gone (to Hawthorn?)

Remove this Banner Ad

The question is, will he be delisted, allowing other teams to pick him up as a DFA, or will he be offered a minimal 1-year contract?

4pm today meant nothing

The important date for free agents is in 3 days time
Only if an offer was made by today I thought.

Then, if an RFA, the current club has until 3 days time to match

Only if an offer was made by today I thought.

Then, if an RFA, the current club has until 3 days time to match

Clubs are not required to advertise if an offer has been made.

They are only required to advice if they decline to match the offer.

I imagine that will happen sometime tomorrow or Tuesday.

Henderson is not a restricted free agent so if he's not picked up by 4.30pm he cannot leave as an unrestricted free agent.

In other words, he will either be retained by us or delisted. Won't be traded because clubs could have had him for free

Henderson is a restricted free agent.

Need to trade Douglas/Mackay/Otten to get the pick we expected from Henderson compo. Then sign Hendo for 2 years to replace said traded player.

It's not like we lose anything and could probably save cap space doing it. Definitely the way to go.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Henderson is a restricted free agent.

2AM78F1.jpg

Unrestricted free agent and uncontracted. Did not meet an 11 game trigger on his 3+1 contract

Need to trade Douglas/Mackay/Otten to get the pick we expected from Henderson compo. Then sign Hendo for 2 years to replace said traded player.

It's not like we lose anything and could probably save cap space doing it. Definitely the way to go.
Delist the lot. All chaff at this point

There's a few blokes like Eddie, Lever, Greenwood, Doc Clarke and Tayte Keasler (sp?) that are in Fiji for some BLK promotional thing.

Laird just posted a pic with him and Hendo on a plane too/from Melbourne.

Eddie, Lever, Greenwood, Clarke and Kaesler and their partners/families were in Fiji as part of the Crows Foundation to help rebuild a school that was destroyed by the recent cyclone. They did a visit with BLK but that is not the main reason they were in Fiji.

Henderson is not a restricted free agent so if he's not picked up by 4.30pm he cannot leave as an unrestricted free agent.

In other words, he will either be retained by us or delisted. Won't be traded because clubs could have had him for free

What's the likelihood of an offer sitting in an email inbox at AFL house and it's not really newsworthy on a Sunday afternoon.

I think we'd get a 3rd for either of Dougie or Mackay. Then package it up with the other for a 2nd or very early 3rd. But I'm probably overeating our players. Overrating Mackay, now there's a laugh.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back