Player Watch Henry Schade (Delisted 2017)

Remove this Banner Ad

Surprised we delisted Schade.

At the start of the year, the club couldn't speak highly enough of him. He just seemingly fell off a cliff and wasn't heard of after that.

He seemed a limited player, but given our lack of depth I thought he would hold his spot.

We definitely need to top up our key defensive stocks this pre-season.

Schade was very limited, and hadn't displayed the same potential we saw from Keeffe (albeit briefly) as a defender. Neither Schade or Keeffe showed enough promise during 2017. We have romanticised Schade's performance against Buddy; fact was Franklin was inaccurate that night.

The club might be intending to develop youth from within (McLarty) or to draft new talent to develop.

I'm a little surprised that we now seem to lack a plan B for tall defenders; Reid is injury prone and Dunne is no spring-chicken. It's a brave call to let them go but I can accept that neither were on their way to becoming elite.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ha! Not good enough to make it at the clubs that finished last and 13th this year, but it's Buckley's fault.

I was advocating for a change of coach before Buckley re-signed, but seriously.

At the start of the year, the club couldn't speak highly enough of him. He just seemingly fell off a cliff and wasn't heard of after that.

He seemed a limited player, but given our lack of depth I thought he would hold his spot.

This is the part I find strange about our delistings/trades etc. over the last 2 off seasons.

- Frost
- Schade
- Brown
- Keefe
- Marsh (left I know)

Do we not want depth in our key back stocks or something?

Maybe he should be banned from championing a new player. Doesn't seem to work out too well.
Not for that player.
He's been a bit quiet our penguins friend.

I'll never forget the day he curtailed Buddy...

Was then and always will be an over-rated effort. Buddy had an off night but could still easily have kicked a bag, still managed 17 disposals after all and kicked 0.3 and at least 1 OOF. And it wasn't as if Schade did it all on his own. More often than not there was a team mate coming over the top.

Got progressively worse as the season unfolded. Was an actual liability at VFL level by season's end and being carried by McLarty and Pendles.

Was then and always will be an over-rated effort. Buddy had an off night but could still easily have kicked a bag, still managed 17 disposals after all and kicked 0.3 and at least 1 OOF. And it wasn't as if Schade did it all on his own. More often than not there was a team mate coming over the top.
There was also the goal Buddy passed off as well.

Ha! Not good enough to make it at the clubs that finished last and 13th this year, but it's Buckley's fault.

I was advocating for a change of coach before Buckley re-signed, but seriously.
This is Buckley’s list is it not? The one he’s worked 6 years on? The one that finished 13th.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back