List Mgmt. Henry signs to end 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
No he hasn't and it was actually playing in other positions such as up forward and getting him into the ruck that then saw him elevate his game when he returned to defence

He picked up coaches votes in round 3 versus the Hawks when he was playing up forward

He then picked up further coaches votes in round 6 versus the Eagles & round 7 versus the Swans when he was playing as 2nd ruck. The Swans game was actually one of his best games for the club
I can't believe you'd bring this thread into such disrepute with facts and logic.

Most Improved 2021 by a long way. AA perhaps a little way off though.
Agree. I doubt he gets an AA gig as a KPD, not as a ruck and not as a kpf. That leaves him hotly contested flank and pocket positions to aim for, because the AA selectors need those spots for the second tier mids otherwise they wouldn't be able to name thirty mids in a forty man AA team.

No he hasn't and it was actually playing in other positions such as up forward and getting him into the ruck that then saw him elevate his game when he returned to defence

He picked up coaches votes in round 3 versus the Hawks when he was playing up forward

He then picked up further coaches votes in round 6 versus the Eagles & round 7 versus the Swans when he was playing as 2nd ruck. The Swans game was actually one of his best games for the club
He got murdered by hickey and the eagles in the ruck. our Coaches have a long history of rewarding mobile rucks for their around the ground work when rucking and completely ignoring their rucking. See Blicavs first best and fairest.
expectations bias combined with the fact our coaches simply don’t value ruck work even as we lose games as a result of it. Henry was terrific around the ground though. If you don’t rate rucking I can see how he got votes.

and the two games he spent foward he had his two lowest disposal games of the year. Also only took a combined 3 marks in those two games. In every other game he has had 4 or more. In those two he averaged 1.5. He was up foward to give an extra marking target and he was unable to do so.

Last edited:
not a long way. Atkins is Right there with him virtue of the fact atkins was absolutely terrible last year and now seems a competent player.

Parfitt and Rohan are on his heels as well. Possibly narkle as well with a late start.
A long way. Atkins still at risk of losing his spot when all our players return.

Henry is arguably the most improved Cat in 2021. Narkle has had two great games and could yet overtake Henry.

I just love the way he back himself. I wouldn't mind if he had a hair cut, though (showing my age!)

Naah Henry will end up being a great. Stewart just another good backline player.

Henry has a chance to match Scarlett.
Lol. henry is nothing like Scarlett. He has the potential to be Ken hinkley If things go well.

stewart on the hand is Scarlett 2008-11. Every bit as good as Scarlett was in that sweeper role. Stewart for All Australian captain.

Last edited:
Naah Henry will end up being a great. Stewart just another good backline player.

Henry has a chance to match Scarlett.
Big call! I like it. And I tend to agree that he has the potential- in terms of the ability to beat a key forward as well as be extremely damaging on the offence. Stewart is an Enright type. But yeah, Henry could model himself on Scarlett.

Big call! I like it. And I tend to agree that he has the potential- in terms of the ability to beat a key forward as well as be extremely damaging on the offence. Stewart is an Enright type. But yeah, Henry could model himself on Scarlett.
Henrys best asset is he flies for his marks.

i doubt Scarlett has ever actually jumped off the ground in a football game.

completely different players.

Lol. henry is nothing like Scarlett. He has the potential to be Ken hinkley If things go well.

stewart on the hand has is Scarlett 2008-11. Every bit as good as Scarlett was in that sweeper role. Stewart for All Australian captain.
He is way more like Scarlett then Kenny Hinkley.

Watch the way he gets the ball out of the backline by weaving his way through.. just like Scarlett.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watch the way he gets the ball out of the backline by weaving his way through.. just like Scarlett.
I see a tiny bit of Scarlett. As you say sometimes when you accept it's just gonna be a spoil or a kick to the boundary line etc he sometimes weirdly finds a way out or takes a mark he shouldn't.
A Scarlett staple.

Henrys weaving is more majestical than Scarletts.

scarletts was good but workman like. Like Stewart. Henry has grace.

plus the leaping at marks. Theres beauty in Henry’s game. He is like a swan when on.

scarletts was more grit. He was more like a goose. You don’t f** with a goose.

Last edited:
Henrys weaving is more majestical than Scarletts.

scarletts was good but workman like. Like Stewart. Henry has grace.

plus the leaping at marks. Theres beauty in Henry’s game. He is like a swan when on.

scarletts was more grit. He was more like a goose. You don’t f** with a goose.
If only we had him in the Carey era to play on the duck!

Henrys best asset is he flies for his marks.

i doubt Scarlett has ever actually jumped off the ground in a football game.

completely different players.
I'm sure there must be some footage somewhere in his highlights package! But yes, I'd give it to the highjumper on points for aerial prowess.

Surprised and not surprised about Jack’s improvement.

He has always had the ingredients - good to great mark, a great tank for a youngster and good agility for his size, with a great side step. Has always been pretty good by foot as well - always found this knock a little strange. His size/strength is a bit underrated- big lad for his height which is handy in the clinches.

The big change has been the confidence that he’s gained and in turn the confidence that Scott and his team mates have shown in him. He seems to feel he has licence to be proactive, take risks.
Sort of a cross of Hinkley and Bluey McGrath, IMO (although not as good as Ken, yet). Sorry, but can not even be mentioned in same sentence as Stewart (Bruce Doull 2.0) or Scarlett (the real FBOTC not SOS).

Most Improved 2021 by a long way. AA perhaps a little way off though.

IMO it’s pretty close between Henry and Atkins. Henry defiantly worthy and has been better, and maybe in the mix for AA if he had a bigger profile, but Atkins is coming from further back.

Surprised and not surprised about Jack’s improvement.

He has always had the ingredients - good to great mark, a great tank for a youngster and good agility for his size, with a great side step. Has always been pretty good by foot as well - always found this knock a little strange. His size/strength is a bit underrated- big lad for his height which is handy in the clinches.

The big change has been the confidence that he’s gained and in turn the confidence that Scott and his team mates have shown in him. He seems to feel he has licence to be proactive, take risks.
Sort of a cross of Hinkley and Bluey McGrath, IMO (although not as good as Ken, yet). Sorry, but can not even be mentioned in same sentence as Stewart (Bruce Doull 2.0) or Scarlett (the real FBOTC not SOS).

I’m obviously biased but I have five cats in the team of the century and three from that team (Scarlett, Jnr, Enright, Snr, Poly).

I’m obviously biased but I have five cats in the team of the century and three from that team (Scarlett, Jnr, Enright, Snr, Poly).
Greg Williams.

scarlett is touch and go. I would have him ahead of silvagni but plenty wouldn’t plus plenty rate other full backs.

enrights not in. Doull is on one back flank. Mccleod is probably on the other. McLeod won two norm smiths off the half back flank. He could just dominate more then Enright could.

jnr, Ablett and Polly are our locks.

IMO it’s pretty close between Henry and Atkins. Henry defiantly worthy and has been better, and maybe in the mix for AA if he had a bigger profile, but Atkins is coming from further back.
The likelihood is you rate Atkins more than I do.

Greg Williams.

scarlett is touch and go. I would have him ahead of silvagni but plenty wouldn’t plus plenty rate other full backs.

enrights not in. Doull is on one back flank. Mccleod is probably on the other. McLeod won two norm smiths off the half back flank. He could just dominate more then Enright could.

jnr, Ablett and Polly are our locks.
Silvani was very good, no question but not a rebounding FB. Also was provided with huge licence to grapple FFs - no way anyone would get away with that now or even in Scarlett’s time. TBH - Geoff Southby (before being KH by Balme) and David Dench were better than Silvani. Would even say Gary Malarkey (until his final season) was as good. Scarlett was the perfect Hybrid - miserly defensively, great counterattacking and aggressive (although almost blew that 2009 GF together with Milburn with silly petulant acts).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back