List Mgmt. Henry signs to end 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jack's having a nice run of good form at present, very good again in his new role as a relief ruckman, provided plenty of counterattack and didn't put a foot wrong all night. Gutsy in the air as always.

Personally I've thought for a fair while that he should ultimately be settled as a KD; early on the odd person would comment that he was too short for such a role when matched up against the Big Boys, but I reckon he plays plenty tall and the rebound and drive he already provides should continue to develop with experience.

Very good game yet again, bit concerned about using him in the ruck against teams that play two genuine rucks (like Hickey and Sinclair tonight). Think Gawn/Jackson, English/Martin. Should be away to get away with him taking a few contests against Marlion Pickett next week though...

You can see Jack gaining confidence by the week and knowing more and more when to take the game on. Last year it felt like he got caught HTB every game but I can’t remember it happening at all this season.

Very good game yet again, bit concerned about using him in the ruck against teams that play two genuine rucks (like Hickey and Sinclair tonight). Think Gawn/Jackson, English/Martin. Should be away to get away with him taking a few contests against Marlion Pickett next week though...

You can see Jack gaining confidence by the week and knowing more and more when to take the game on. Last year it felt like he got caught HTB every game but I can’t remember it happening at all this season.
I thought you don’t care about ruck contests?

if so you should want Henry in the ruck all the time cos he racked up a heap of ball when in there.

hit outs don’t matter remember.

if so you should want Henry in the ruck all the time cos he racked up a heap of ball when in there.

Who said hit outs don’t matter? Not me.

I have always been a fan but I can’t believe how he seems to have just flicked a switch and is eager to take the game on. He has the potential to become a real weapon.

I have always been a fan but I can’t believe how he seems to have just flicked a switch and is eager to take the game on. He has the potential to become a real weapon.

It may be stereotypical ... but about 22, 23 and 70 odd games ... he is right in that phase where one can start to be rewarded for the games he has played , and the mistakes he has made. The way he is playing atm ..he is moving into our best 5 , 10 players. A real bonus for the club considering the pick used to get him.

Make me hopeful for players like Neale.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Article attached to the above

Who has been Geelong’s biggest improver in 2021?

On this week’s podcast, hosts Cameron Ling and Scott Gullan gave their opinions on that very question, and it was an easy decision for Lingy.

Following the retirement of Harry Taylor and the move of Mark Blicavs into the middle in recent rounds, Jack Henry has taken his game to new heights with Ling impressed with how much more ‘comfortable’ he is at AFL level.

“He is now backing himself to mark the footy, he’s seeing the game ahead,” Ling said on Geelong’s official podcast, To The Final Bell.

“I love the fact that when he’s picking it up a bit under the pump and there’s a bit coming at him, he’s seeing that I can step around you and then I can pick a target out and away we go.

“His composure has increased tenfold over the last five or six weeks.”

Henry’s most recent performance against Collingwood caught the eye of commentator Jonathan Brown too.

“He’d have to be in All Australian contention, Jack Henry," Brown said.

The 22-year-old is averaging career highs in all key categories this season and is rated elite for contested marks, one percenters, spoils and kicking efficiency.

Other Cats that were discussed and in contention for most improved included Brad Close, Tom Atkins and Brandan Parfitt.

Watch the boys debate the big questions on the podcast below.

Could this guy push Stewart out of the AA side or will both be wearing blazers come seasons end

He's been good but not sure he's been AA good, Stewart should almost be the first picked for AA, cracking player that any other club would die to have.

Could this guy push Stewart out of the AA side or will both be wearing blazers come seasons end

High praise from one of the greatest CHF of all time! He has all the attributes to be an incredible kpd now. Can take on opposition key forwards and beat them, reads the plays and set up fast attacking moves at the same time.

Why would you put a skillful ball getting play maker permanently in what is effectively just a magnet board position to start the game after a goal is kicked? Our non ruck stocks clean up at stoppage clearances and we really only need Henry to be a token appearance very occasionally at the centre bounces.

Been fantastic this year.
Most of the time He has been great. Really taking the game on. But it’s not a perfect season.

he was towelled up by king from stkilda and Tom hickey in the ruck (we have focussed on Stanley getting smashed by hickey but henry was in there too) or doing sweet all against Melbourne in the foward line.

in othewords when he is a half back flanker he is terrific. When they move him to other positions he has struggled.

Most of the time He has been great. Really taking the game on. But it’s not a perfect season.

he was towelled up by king from stkilda and Tom hickey in the ruck (we have focussed on Stanley getting smashed by hickey but henry was in there too) or doing sweet all against Melbourne in the foward line.

in othewords when he is a half back flanker he is terrific. When they move him to other positions he has struggled.

No he hasn't and it was actually playing in other positions such as up forward and getting him into the ruck that then saw him elevate his game when he returned to defence

He picked up coaches votes in round 3 versus the Hawks when he was playing up forward

He then picked up further coaches votes in round 6 versus the Eagles & round 7 versus the Swans when he was playing as 2nd ruck. The Swans game was actually one of his best games for the club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back