NICK THE PIE MAN

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 9, 2000
Gold Coast, QLD
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Boston Red Sox (MLB)
I hope Kewell is in his room, resting up that splendid Left foot, Viduka should be dreaming of slotting home one in the first 10 minutes. Emerton nepturing that right foot which will be crossing the ball into the middle. Shwartzer getting pumped not to let in goals from short-arse arrogant Reboc, or that half-crippled, shoulder-less, bald prick Silva. Get your head and nice and shiny Moore, it will be needed for the cornors. Lazaridis, the unsung hero and Okon are skipper, your drive through the middle will see us through. And Muscat, get focussed, you will be needed for the penalties! Vidmar and Murphy, you are the backbone of the team, your defence will be vital tonight in this our moment of truth.

The time is almost near Roos! I hope you are treating this as the biggest game of your life. You have the chance to make history, to join the world's best at arguebly the world'd premier sporting event. Do not be intimated by those petty U R GAY "fans." Display the Australian fighting spirit which has made this nation so famous in the sporting arena. I will leave you with these famous words used by Shakespear.

"BE NOT AFRAID OF GREATNESS!"

CARN YOU MIGHT SOCCEROOS!
YOU CAN DO IT!

LOL Nick heres mine....

"Carn Australia....this is the time where you have to rise for your country...in the sport that really, the whole world is watching. Its time to fight for your fellow aussies.....but in particular...the thousands of Australians who have stuck by the sport in Australia through times of thick and thin. Lets rise as one in the name of the country.....and lets thump those Uruguayans!...yes the people that have spat on you, punched you......remember, WE ARE BETTER THAN THEM

Carn Socceroos.....this is your time to show the world what Australia is made of"

Amen

Originally posted by QT
LOL Nick heres mine....

"Carn Australia....this is the time where you have to rise for your country...in the sport that really, the whole world is watching. Its time to fight for your fellow aussies.....but in particular...the thousands of Australians who have stuck by the sport in Australia through times of thick and thin. Lets rise as one in the name of the country.....and lets thump those Uruguayans!...yes the people that have spat on you, punched you......remember, WE ARE BETTER THAN THEM

Carn Socceroos.....this is your time to show the world what Australia is made of"

Amen

Amen brother!
sh*t, im getting nervous!

This is spine tingling

LOL

If i could talk to the team for a minute this is what I'd say.

"Guys.. We all know about our last attempt.. We failed. Today things are different. Today we will win. Today is the day Australian soccer gets recognized through out the world.

TODAY IS OUR INDEPENDENCE DAY!!!!!!!:D

Nick the pie man, reading that speech has brought tears to my eyes. Screw AFL rivalries, we are brothers united on this day.

With every strand of my soul I wish the Socceroos the very best of luck, I just wish I could be there to cheer you on.

C'MON YOU MIGHTY SOCCEROOS YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by The Starchild
Nick the pie man, reading that speech has brought tears to my eyes. Screw AFL rivalries, we are brothers united on this day.

With every strand of my soul I wish the Socceroos the very best of luck, I just wish I could be there to cheer you on.

C'MON YOU MIGHTY SOCCEROOS YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!!!!

AMEN TO THAT!
Screw AFL rivalries, we are united this one day for the greater good.

I would make them watch the last 10 minutes of that game againist Iran, make them watch it, and again, and again and again. Untill bitterness and vengeance in pumping through their icy veins. WE WILL PREVAIL!

All I can say, is that in 16 hours time, I'll have tears flowing outta my eyes. Whether they are tears of joy, or tears of sorrow, depends on how 11 of our finest fair in the great unknown of the Montevideo Centenario Stadia.

I have faith, I have hope, I have memories...

Do it for yourselves, do it for your coountry, but whatever you do...just do it. We need this.

G'nite, farewell, hope to see you in Japan and South Korea...

Good luck Australia...

The Hitman

I havent been this nervous since just before Ports grand finals in the sanfl.
Im taking the Homer Simpson stance: "If you lose, your outta the family" :D

nah, definatly one of the most important sporting matches in Australias sporting history tomorrow morning.

Please Lord - let us draw or win this game!

I was sitting/standing in the aisles of the top deck of the southern stand when Muscat took his penalty. The beer I had in my hand went flying, I started to have tears rolling down my cheeks, I went completely f#cking nuts.

It's strange, but I remember thinking at the time as I was jumping around that Carlton or AFL hadn't made me feel so ecstatic in years, if ever.

I'm more nervous about tomorrow morning than I've ever been about a Carlton match in my life.

Great work Nick, SO NERVOUS!!!
Hoping to wake up at about 6:45 and catch the end...
Heard the Uruguayans chanting, gonna kill Viduka with a big bazooka...fat chance...he'd survive that!

heres mine

" Your not just repersenting a country, your repersenting a country with hopes dreams, and those hopes are clinging on to you.

This is the big time, no turning back, make a name for your self, i want you to tell you children and you childrens children that you made the dream of so many aussies true, you as a team and a individual made it happen.

So i say to you enjoy your self but remember what your playing for, your playing for a chance, a chance of aworld cup, your playing for the goofd of australia.

No matter what you do out there today, I want you to know how proud I am of you. Go out and give it your best, boys."

hows that
?

Originally posted by steve waugh
heres mine

" Your not just repersenting a country, your repersenting a country with hopes dreams, and those hopes are clinging on to you.

This is the big time, no turning back, make a name for your self, i want you to tell you children and you childrens children that you made the dream of so many aussies true, you as a team and a individual made it happen.

So i say to you enjoy your self but remember what your playing for, your playing for a chance, a chance of aworld cup, your playing for the goofd of australia.

I hope you will make me proud boys."

hows that
?

Best thing to come outta your mouth. :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

heres mine

hows that
?

great stuff mate!

Originally posted by The Starchild
I was sitting/standing in the aisles of the top deck of the southern stand when Muscat took his penalty. The beer I had in my hand went flying, I started to have tears rolling down my cheeks, I went completely f#cking nuts.

Same Here but not with a beer, a Can of Solo :D

Originally posted by clucas91
Great work Nick, SO NERVOUS!!!
Hoping to wake up at about 6:45 and catch the end...
Heard the Uruguayans chanting, gonna kill Viduka with a big bazooka...fat chance...he'd survive that!

:eek: :eek: :eek:
Chris mate!

We have been talking about this match for yonks! Don't tell me your not going to be dedicated and wake up at 5am for the kick off?!

Very Disapointing my son! :D

heres mine

hows that
?
Beautiful.

But I'd change the last line to

"No matter what you do out there today, I want you to know how proud I am of you. Go out and give it your best, boys."

Yeah,
I know...I should watch it from start to finish, but I am buggered...had the flu all weekend...VERY drowsy.
If I can wake up I will try to watch.
GO AUSSIES!!!
GO KEWELL!!!
GO VIDUKA!!!
GO EMERTON!!!
GO OKON!!!
GO LAZARIDIS!!!
GO VIDMAR!!!
GO MOORE!!!
GO MURPHY!!!
GO THE REST!!!

Originally posted by clucas91
Yeah,
I know...I should watch it from start to finish, but I am buggered...had the flu all weekend...VERY drowsy.
If I can wake up I will try to watch.
GO AUSSIES!!!
GO KEWELL!!!
GO VIDUKA!!!
GO EMERTON!!!
GO OKON!!!
GO LAZARIDIS!!!
GO VIDMAR!!!
GO MOORE!!!
GO MURPHY!!!
GO THE REST!!!

fair enough!
with the flu, its hard to sleep, and if you do, you wake up early. So, luck may be on your side!
GO AUSSIES!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back