Toast Heresy, I know, but I like Collingwood.

This is a hard thing to admit, but I like Collingwood this year. They are playing an exciting brand of football, hard at it, quick and resilient. Watching them reminds me how impressive it is to see a team where players play for each other and genuinely enjoy their football. Ok, I admit that there are a couple of blokes like Maynard and Ginnivan who have got to get their haircuts right, but on the whole, they are a great team to watch.

Hats off to McRae, he has done an amazing job with a list that has a few stars, but is largely composed of hard working honest footballers. I hope they go deep into September.

Feb 23, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
New York Jets
Great team to watch, and I have a soft spot for them with the McRae link, and some similarities in some of their playstyle to what we used to do.

For some reason there's no hate to this team like there might have been with traditional Collingwood, I also find them fairly likeable.

If the Pies face off against Geelong or Melbourne in a Grand Final, I'm definitely going for the black and white.

JayJ20

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 28, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Me too. A good blend of attack and defence. Their quick ball movement from defence is difficult to stop.
Also the best last two-minutes team I've ever seen. They'll be difficult to beat come September.

Jul 14, 2005
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Chelsea FC
They are a much better team to watch than under Buckley, credit to McRae and the club.

Would be really surprised if this lasts though.
Thought they were pretty watchable under Buckley tbh.

That 2018 side was really well set around the ground but unpredictable up forward. Seemed to have 3 or 4 forwards break out at once - JDG, Stephenson, WHE, Thomas.

Things just got a bit stagnant, they had that nightmare off season at the end of 2020 and had a turgid year last year. It was in both parties best interest to get some clean air and have a mini reset.

This current side is great to watch though. Any self-respecting footy fan has to enjoy watching Nick Daicos play, and although he hasn’t had the fanfare Josh Daicos is quietly turning into a gun midfielder.

Probably in the minority but I love watching Ginnivan play too.

HawkerHurricane

Inaugural Mt. Barker Eagle, Current Bunbury Shark
Oct 12, 2017
Bunbury, Western Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
This is a hard thing to admit, but I like Collingwood this year. They are playing an exciting brand of football, hard at it, quick and resilient. Watching them reminds me how impressive it is to see a team where players play for each other and genuinely enjoy their football. Ok, I admit that there are a couple of blokes like Maynard and Ginnivan who have got to get their haircuts right, but on the whole, they are a great team to watch.

Hats off to McRae, he has done an amazing job with a list that has a few stars, but is largely composed of hard working honest footballers. I hope they go deep into September.
rob riggle raise hand GIF by Team Coco

nineteen eighty

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 18, 2003
Sydney
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
TIGERS
Great team to watch, and I have a soft spot for them with the McRae link, and some similarities in some of their playstyle to what we used to do.

For some reason there's no hate to this team like there might have been with traditional Collingwood, I also find them fairly likeable.

If the Pies face off against Geelong or Melbourne in a Grand Final, I'm definitely going for the black and white.

Juss I’m exactly the same and I kinda hate myself for it. Collingwood has always been my most despised team ( other than 2 of my all time favourite players were Peters Daicos and Moore). And yet I’m drawn to them this year.

All the best to them.

You hear that Fadge and south of the Yarra…us Tiges are on the Black and White feral bandwagon 👍

Sep 14, 2005
AFL Club
Collingwood

This is sickening.

43F87080-7EF2-44F0-8049-E685460816BE.gif

beerbandit

Club Legend
Mar 7, 2006
AFL Club
Collingwood
We are just playing the game the way it should be played, take risks and go straight down the guts, tackle hard and when it’s your turn to go you go.

Enjoyable brand to watch regardless of what team it is executing it.

timeforanother22

Team Captain
Jan 21, 2022
AFL Club
West Coast
Considering the other teams in the eight, I would be all for Collingwood going all the way.
They were actually very good to watch the GF with in 2018, nothing negative to say about their fans after that.

love watching them atm

Back