Discussion Heritage Round - Back to the 90's

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah I like this idea too - heritage when/if you want it. Sydney's sash jumper, when revived, went close to being the best Sydney jumper ever.

TOTALLY AGREE ! Best Sydney Jumper Ever !!

Yeah I like this idea too - heritage when/if you want it. Sydney's sash jumper, when revived, went close to being the best Sydney jumper ever.

TOTALLY AGREE ! Best Sydney Jumper Ever !!
yeh but they didnt wear that jersey in the 90's:cool:

What I'd like to see for Heritage Round is the Power Era of each club.

Adelaide 1997-98 jumpers
Brisbane 2001-2003
Carlton 1970s
Collingwood 1927-1930
Essendon 1890-93 thin higher sash
Fremantle; the old Home they made the finals in
Geelong; 50s
Gold Coast would have a bye
Hawthorn; Yellow backed 80s
Melbourne 50s (very similar to todays)
North 70s
Port 2004 or 50s & 60s SANFL jumper (so long as it's not the old Collingwood jumpers)
Richmond; Jack Dyer era
StKilda 66
Sydney Red sash 1909
West Coast 92-94
Bulldogs 54

Here's what Essendon & Collingwood would look like:
Heritage-Concept1.gif

That's a terrific theme Mero. People would get genuinely excited and for those who are old enough to remember the era, fairly nostalgic. Any living players or administrators could come in and do interviews and photoshoots, talking about what it was like to be dominating the league.

Mero, that's a really cool idea. Do you have any other ideas for rounds?

The only other idea I had was the one I did all on the new template, first uniforms.
Port with the gridiron numbers, Sydney & Essendon with Blue pants (shorts).
Carlton in a denim sort of Blue.
There's a thread a page or two back with all the designs.

What I'd like to see for Heritage Round is the Power Era of each club.

Richmond; Jack Dyer era

Richmond's more productive era - known as the "Golden Era" - was 1967 through 1974 with Tom Hafey as coach, four premierships and one runner-up. The 1980 flag is often tacked onto this era, resulting in 5 flags in 14 seasons.

keep in mind that the lions would wear home shorts, as away teams playing in sydney use home shorts.
great work though

If it was a 90's round, I'd want to see these.

Brisbane-1992.gif

Port-PS-1997.gif

(a magpies jumper would also be acceptable and probably more popular)

This would make a nice addition if Hawthorn didn't mind poking fun at themselves.
Hawthorn-Preseason-diamond.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have had a crack at my own "Back to the 90s" jumpers. (Schedule worked out by round one)
AdelaidevsHawthorn.png

For Crows I thought about doing the away jumper like hennes did but they only wore it in 1999 and also well into the 2000s so it wasn't really that much of a 90s jumper. So I did the pre season jumper that the Crows later based an away jumper on. For Hawthorn I did it based on a pre season jumper but rather then what hennes did I did the infamous, and perhaps iconic, "golf" jumper that they wore in 95.

I have had a crack at my own "Back to the 90s" jumpers. (Schedule worked out by round one)
AdelaidevsHawthorn.png

For Crows I thought about doing the away jumper like hennes did but they only wore it in 1999 and also well into the 2000s so it wasn't really that much of a 90s jumper. So I did the pre season jumper that the Crows later based an away jumper on. For Hawthorn I did it based on a pre season jumper but rather then what hennes did I did the infamous, and perhaps iconic, "golf" jumper that they wore in 95.
Hawthorn would never wear that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back