Toast Heritier Lumumba pens heartfelt letter to ex-teammates, wants club to own up to mistreatment

I think it’s been very interesting and clever for H to take the stance he has. I think he wants this to play out in public and does not want to be part of an investigation conducted away from the public. H has asked some simple binary questions of the club on Twitter as has not received an answer. They are questions that merit a yes or a no response. The club should respond yes or no and they can add shades of grey afterwards. Unvarnished truth and real growth will come from public acknowledgement one way or the other. The club can perform all the internal independent Investigations they like. In the end they need to answer H’s questions.
I actually disagree. H can play this out in twitter all he likes, the club should not join in.

Oct 7, 2001
In the Pocket Rocket, lights ablaze!
AFL Club
Collingwood
Do you want an insight into H’s life?
Do you want it from someone else? Someone who you may have a bit more respect for? Someone who has attempted to change CFC from the inside?
Because here it is.

Markfs

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 13, 2008
Fremantle
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Sydney Sweeney's Shaving Team...
Do you want an insight into H’s life?
Do you want it from someone else? Someone who you may have a bit more respect for? Someone who has attempted to change CFC from the inside?
Because here it is.

I read the article. Leon details specific circumstances relating to the Victorian police and the WA police. Several incidents relating to the WA police. He shouldnt have to put up with that form of racial stereotyping. Eddie Betts conveyed his feelings about this in a very real way. It certainly brought it into focus for me, and how I would feel resentful if I consistently got treated like that.

Howver, Leon didnt mention any specifics about the club, other than to say "

Davis said most of the instances of racism he experienced inside Collingwood were unconscious.

When it went beyond that, the club acted. If they had not Davis says he would not have stayed there as long as he did.

The article also says that it's not Davis's style to be specific. I assume that means that he doesnt want to mention the names of former players in public. Lumumba seems to have the same attitude.

I'm confused and puzzled how Leon can say that the club dealt with specific instances but then wants them to be investigated now. I'm not sure what can be done other than to name names but neither Leon or Heritier seems to have wanted to do that in the past.

It's puzzling that Leon also stated that people near to him questioned why he played for collingwood as it was a racist club. Does that mean that everyone involved with the club is a racist? All pie supporters are racist? I dont agree with such broad sweeping statements based on stereotypical attitudes. I dont deny racism would probably exist within the club.

Kappa

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 7, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
I think it’s been very interesting and clever for H to take the stance he has. I think he wants this to play out in public and does not want to be part of an investigation conducted away from the public. H has asked some simple binary questions of the club on Twitter as has not received an answer. They are questions that merit a yes or a no response. The club should respond yes or no and they can add shades of grey afterwards. Unvarnished truth and real growth will come from public acknowledgement one way or the other. The club can perform all the internal independent Investigations they like. In the end they need to answer H’s questions.

Not a single credible business or corporation in the world would ever get into a public twitter argument with a disgruntled member of the public... for obvious reasons...

EXNICKS

Senior List
Apr 17, 2012
Collingwood
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood
He is an attention seeker, focus on tonight’s game. Why do they always try to derail our chances
This is FACT!
He told the team his nickname was CHIMP when he arrived at the club.
He told them this is what his nickname is, way before joining Collingwood.
He is a drug F$#cked (LSD) unit and is trying to stay relevant, typically trying to blame everyone else for his f$#k ups.
He forgets about the white man who married his mother and took him in and raised him and loved him, then trashes him by changing his name from O'Brien to Lumumba.
Traitor attention seeker jerk off.
You've lost me Harry.
Loser.
Piss off!

Jun 10, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
collingwood
This is FACT!
He told the team his nickname was CHIMP when he arrived at the club.
He told them this is what his nickname is, way before joining Collingwood.
He is a drug F$#cked (LSD) unit and is trying to stay relevant, typically trying to blame everyone else for his f$#k ups.
He forgets about the white man who married his mother and took him in and raised him and loved him, then trashes him by changing his name from O'Brien to Lumumba.
Traitor attention seeker jerk off.
You've lost me Harry.
Loser.
Piss off!
Didn’t realise he told them his nickname was chimp. If that is true then wow!

Back