Bumped Heritier Lumumba - Retired today 21/12/2016 (see post #82)

DaicosianMarvels

Club Legend
Oct 5, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
Pretty sure Fraser played his 200th against the Hawks late in the season when Jolly was injured or rested and it was one of his worst games I had seen.

As for Lumumba, thank god he is gone. A nothing player and a terrible bloke, so happy he is not our problem anymore. I don't know why we took so long to get rid of him. Apart from running and bombing the ball was there anything he could do? He only had few strengths and but so many weaknesses.

Stuff him!

Oct 7, 2010
Melb
AFL Club
Collingwood
Pretty sure Fraser played his 200th against the Hawks late in the season when Jolly was injured or rested and it was one of his worst games I had seen.

As for Lumumba, thank god he is gone. A nothing player and a terrible bloke, so happy he is not our problem anymore. I don't know why we took so long to get rid of him. Apart from running and bombing the ball was there anything he could do? He only had few strengths and but so many weaknesses.

Stuff him!
Fraser played 200 games in a heavily scrutinised career for the Magpies, including appearances in the losing 2002 and 2003 Grand Final teams
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-11-21/top-pick-lucky-to-stay-home
http://news.smh.com.au/breaking-new...o-finally-play-200th-game-20100826-13u25.html

He gets credit for showing up to the Copeland whilst beams and others in previous years have not, but I wouldn't call his self righteous speech classy.
Good thing my comment wasn't aimed directly about his speech then, rather than the way he has conducted himself in the media and in general.
Stop cherry picking and look at the bigger picture.

Bring_Back_Brad

Club Legend
Jul 16, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Good thing my comment wasn't aimed directly about his speech then, rather than the way he has conducted himself in the media and in general.
Stop cherry picking and look at the bigger picture.
Oh ok so you forgot his speech at the Copeland. Easy to do. My bad obviously.

mike123

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts Pokemon is Life
Sep 13, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Juventus
Lumumba admitted the speech didn't come out right anyways.

didaksrightfoot

Premiership Player
Sep 12, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
SA Spurs, Juventus
When he came on to the scene he was like a cult figure. Loved him playing for us, everyone yelling out Harry Harry Harry. He was great. Off field he was different but that's another matter. Prefer to remember what he did for us on the field on this thread.

I think the peak Lumumba was a beast - a true mid size defender who could cover smalls and talls, and who had the ability to just push the ball fwd with runs and a long boot (not efficiently, or with great disposal - but with good distance). That attacking was good as the "icing" on top of his very good defence.
Problem was, once he/the team focused too much on that icing rather than his defensive work, and tried to play him as an attacking HB or wing, he was exposed as a guy who didnt have the skills of a mid (both disposal and decision making) and his defensive work really fell away - and he was too far down the line to pick that up again.

Likely also has a lot of non-footy stuff he has been dealing with - wish him the best in retirement

Oct 14, 2015
Free State NSW
AFL Club
Collingwood
On that golden day before Saints did you evince,
A roaming of the stage with unblinking dare
Now cracks a noble heart. Goodnight, sweet prince;
And flights of angels sing thee to thy thinking chair

upload_2016-12-21_14-45-8.png

cleomenes

Cancelled
Nov 18, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
Amazing how people forget what a great player he was in 2010 in particular, but for several years either side of it too. His ability to break clear with the ball when under great pressure is something we could well use now. His passing was good for the most part, his long shots for goal usually accurate and his attack on the ball terrific.
Opposition forward lines were in despair trying to shut down all three of O'Brien, Shaw and Maxwell at the same time. His form declined in the lead up to his trade, and you could only say Collingwood made the call at just the right time, as it seems to have done with all of the players that were traded on except Shaw. Even Shaw showed in this year's preliminary final how important it was to have Maxwell making sure he kept his head.

THATSGOLD

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts
Sep 21, 2005
the G.. home of the pies!
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
collingwood
Think we easily won that Trade.

He was never the same since he Changed his Name
Such a stupid thing to say. He could've easily stayed with us and the concussion thing might not even be on his agender. He is capable of more but for whatever reason (now the concussion thing) his priorities have gone down a new path.
Nick Maxwell could handle him and should be credited for all he did for Harry and all the players we had at our club under him. If it wasn't for guys like Harry and Nick there would be no flag.

There needs to be recognition of H's huge contribution on the club website.

Also hope that his brain suffers no long term damage.

Last edited:

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Has one month left to go visit Obama, and help advise him.

Was a good average footballer, nice dash, one step too many too often...
One step Harry I used to call him.

At his best, beast like, we were fortunate to have his best.
Good average player.

Premiership player, fine servant of Collingwood.

Enjoy retirement.

Back