Heroic Adam Goodes honoured with a documentary about his last season

Adam Goodes is one of the all time greats and a wonderful role-model

• I agree (correct)

Votes: 31 35.6%
  • I disagree, and my wife/cousin shares this opinion

Votes: 26 29.9%
  • I await his swimming and **** policy (also correct)

Votes: 30 34.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Revisionism at its best. Goodes was never considered a grub. across 370+ games he had a few incidents, but was never an out an out sniper. Hodge elbowed a guy into a goal post and got done for drink driving wasn’t booed, Milne at the time , and Sicily didn’t cop the same treatment - before you say they copped plenty, it wasn’t widespread, large portion of the crowd called out by all booing. This argument is complete bollocks - the only player that large portion of the stadium booed on mass was far from the dirtiest - if you can’t see there was another reason you aren’t looking.

You're just looking for what you want to see.

You need to take a step back

Eddie and Sidney’s behaviour won the crowd over - BOTH “tribal” supporter groups

If so many of the crowds are racist - how does this happen ?

Admiration for Eddie
Admiration for Sidney

Goodes divides it
And continues to do so
Get it yet ????

Oh we love then when they kick freaky goals and keep their mouth shut.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Oh we love then when they kick freaky goals and keep their mouth shut.

Oh and not throw imaginary spears at rival cheer squads.

Actually, given you can't cheer or boo, wouldn't the act of pretending to throw a deadly weapon at someone constitute an immediate sending off or visit to the MRP, in today's delicate game?

#shamefulbehaviour

Actually, given you can't cheer or boo, wouldn't the act of pretending to throw a deadly weapon at someone constitute an immediate sending off or visit to the MRP, in today's delicate game?

#shamefulbehaviour
Stratton should have been sent off for pinching Orazio.

In relation to boat people please answer the following:
1. Do you agree that privileged people, (as they have the means to pay for a boat trip), should be able to by pass the refugee program and people living in camps are disadvantaged by these queue jumpers?
2. Do you believe that queue jumpers should be on welfare for their whole life in Australia?
3. Why do you think that Australia should receive more refugees than Japan?

Who's your favourite, Pauline Hanson or Fraser Anning?

Hi Bay.

Now I'm sure there might be a minority of backwards-looking knuckle-draggers who disagree, but Adam Goodes, one of the all time great players and a worthy Australian of the Year.
Fittingly, a documentary has been filmed highlighting his difficult final season in which a few bad eggs decided to shamefully boo him and some mindless sheep joined them.
Indigenous players (who know indigenous issues quite well) have released a statement confirming just how respected and great Goodes was:

https://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2019...-adam-goodes-was-treated/11185732?pfmredir=sm

His brother is an excellent person too doing good things for football in Western Victoria.

So how excited are you to watch this? I hope he enters parliament someday.
Meh

#shamefulbehaviour

Boo and hurl racial abuse at the man until he reacts then whataboutism.

Didnt mind sinking the knees and boots in either.... In fact they had to introduce a rule to stop this grub from maiming someone. Quality bloke

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

You mean the rule they changed for Lindsay Thomas right? He’s a different indigenous player...

Lindsay Thomas – 2012 – Sliding rule
Players throwing themselves on a loose ball and being praised for courage was common practice prior to 2012. However, Thomas' action to take out Gary Rohan's legs in round four – resulting in a horrific season-ending broken leg for the Swan – brought about change within a month in-season. Originally offered two matches for 'severe' rough conduct, Thomas' case was thrown out at the Tribunal in a controversial judgment. However, there was industry-wide acceptance when four weeks later umpires were called to pay a free kick against a player sliding and making contact below their opponent's knee – a rule that stands today.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-12-13/toby-kb-lloyd-which-other-players-have-forced-rule-changes

You mean the rule they changed for Lindsay Thomas right? He’s a different indigenous player...

Lindsay Thomas – 2012 – Sliding rule
Players throwing themselves on a loose ball and being praised for courage was common practice prior to 2012. However, Thomas' action to take out Gary Rohan's legs in round four – resulting in a horrific season-ending broken leg for the Swan – brought about change within a month in-season. Originally offered two matches for 'severe' rough conduct, Thomas' case was thrown out at the Tribunal in a controversial judgment. However, there was industry-wide acceptance when four weeks later umpires were called to pay a free kick against a player sliding and making contact below their opponent's knee – a rule that stands today.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-12-13/toby-kb-lloyd-which-other-players-have-forced-rule-changes

Your obsession with identity is staggering....
Discussion around rule changes to protect players from opposition players sliding into them was around long before the Lindsay Thomas incident. In fact, it was around about the time of the clips I posted.
Your narrative is clear though...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Your obsession with identity is staggering....
Discussion around rule changes to protect players from opposition players sliding into them was around long before the Lindsay Thomas incident. In fact, it was around about the time of the clips I posted.
Your narrative is clear though...

Issues around identity? I’m just trying to have a discussion based on facts. You asserted the rule changed was specific to Goodes and were proven wrong. Just admit you made crap up to suit your narrative and were called out... again.

Issues around identity? I’m just trying to have a discussion based on facts. You asserted the rule changed was specific to Goodes and were proven wrong. Just admit you made crap up to suit your narrative and were called out... again.

The irony is delicious.
Youve done nothing but try to make this a racial discussion. You even felt the need to address Thomas as "another Indigenous" player.
Youre a garden variety race baiter...nothing more, nothing less. Just an absolute bore

The irony is delicious.
Youve done nothing but try to make this a racial discussion. You even felt the need to address Thomas as "another Indigenous" player.
Youre a garden variety race baiter...nothing more, nothing less. Just an absolute bore

My point was you probably couldn’t tell the difference or didn’t care to tell the difference between the two different indigenous players. You certainly didn’t want it to get in the way of your little rewrite of history.

But let’s explore this - Thomas’ dirty sliding led to a rule change, most notably after breaking Gay Rohan’s leg. His ducking (along with Selwood) was attributed to a rule change there.

Both players have indigenous heritage. One made a public stand against racism, the other less outspoken on the topic.

Now one of these players copped widespread booing the other only when it directly related to an on field incident (and restricted to that game).

So are you saying that Goodes on field behaviour was so egregious, so much worse than Thomas to warrant this? If not, why do you think he was booed and Thomas wasn’t?

My point was you probably couldn’t tell the difference or didn’t care to tell the difference between the two different indigenous players. You certainly didn’t want it to get in the way of your little rewrite of history.

But let’s explore this - Thomas’ dirty sliding led to a rule change, most notably after breaking Gay Rohan’s leg. His ducking (along with Selwood) was attributed to a rule change there.

Both players have indigenous heritage. One made a public stand against racism, the other less outspoken on the topic.

Now one of these players copped widespread booing the other only when it directly related to an on field incident (and restricted to that game).

So are you saying that Goodes on field behaviour was so egregious, so much worse than Thomas to warrant this? If not, why do you think he was booed and Thomas wasn’t?

Did not read
Youre a race baiter...

goodes was devisive
its pretty easy to try to rewrite history

but what needs to be commended is people who want to make a change, ala a certain fortescue exec

not people who simply want to blame others and not do the hard yards

and again goodes can say whatever he likes, and the rest of society should be allowed to voice an opinion

this thread feels like the project with the self righteous waleed supporters everywhere

I didn't boo Goodes. Carlton don't play Sydney in WA so I never saw him play except through TV.

My recollection of the matter was that the booing increased markedly after the 'spearthrowing' incident. It was claimed later that it was part of a dance created by a junior indigenous team but as far as I can remember that was not claimed by Goodes on the night.

He was interviewed post-game by Matthew Richardson and strangely I have never seen this interview again.

It would be interesting to see if it is included in the doco because to leave it out would be revealing as to agenda.

In that interview, Goodes commented that he would not have done that action against his indigenous brothers on the Carlton team because they were indigenous like him. From memory he mentioned Chris Yarran by name.

It struck me at the time that it was a very divisive comment so I will be most interested to see if it is included in the film.

Back