Heroic Adam Goodes honoured with a documentary about his last season

Adam Goodes is one of the all time greats and a wonderful role-model

• I agree (correct)

Votes: 31 35.6%
  • I disagree, and my wife/cousin shares this opinion

Votes: 26 29.9%
  • I await his swimming and **** policy (also correct)

Votes: 30 34.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Hi Bay.

Now I'm sure there might be a minority of backwards-looking knuckle-draggers who disagree, but Adam Goodes, one of the all time great players and a worthy Australian of the Year.
Fittingly, a documentary has been filmed highlighting his difficult final season in which a few bad eggs decided to shamefully boo him and some mindless sheep joined them.
Indigenous players (who know indigenous issues quite well) have released a statement confirming just how respected and great Goodes was:

https://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2019...-adam-goodes-was-treated/11185732?pfmredir=sm

His brother is an excellent person too doing good things for football in Western Victoria.

So how excited are you to watch this? I hope he enters parliament someday.

A man of principles who was treated like crap by the redneck football follower.The booing was a real throwback to another era when Indigenous players were seen as too 'uppity ' if they brought up Indigenous issues. His mother and brother are salt of the earth people.

Last edited:
A man of principles who was treated like crap by the redneck football follower.The booing was a real throwback to another era when Indigenous players were seen as too 'uppity ' if they brought up Indigenous issues. His mother and brother are salt of the earth people.

And yet these same ""redneck football followers" by and large have the greatest respect for Michael Long and Nicky Winmar. Both of whom have a rather larger streak of "uppity" in them.

So why do you think that some of the same people who cheer Long and Winmar boo Adam Goodes? There must be a reason, surely.

A man of principles who was treated like crap by the redneck football follower.The booing was a real throwback to another era when Indigenous players were seen as too 'uppity ' if they brought up Indignation issues. His mother and brother are salt of the earth people.

agree, standing up and publicly speaking out takes enormous courage

And yet these same ""redneck football followers" by and large have the greatest respect for Michael Long and Nicky Winmar.
I highly doubt it.
Winmar wasn't exactly popular at Vic Park

And yet these same ""redneck football followers" by and large have the greatest respect for Michael Long and Nicky Winmar. Both of whom have a rather larger streak of "uppity" in them.

So why do you think that some of the same people who cheer Long and Winmar boo Adam Goodes? There must be a reason, surely.
Winmar was racially abused by the crowd every week until he made a stand, what are you talking about?

Nearly every other indigenous player is not booed only one was so it seems more personal than wide spread racism to me.

Accepting Australian of the Year when appearing to show a distain for white Australians didn't sit well with people plus the 13yo girl and sliding it turned into the perfect storm.

It wasn't a good look nonetheless.

Only saw it from afar though so can only go on what I read.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Accepting Australian of the Year when appearing to show a distain for white Australians didn't sit well with people plus the 13yo girl and sliding it turned into the perfect storm.
I don't think he ever showed disdain for white people? You are allowed to complain if your're black and you get called a monkey aren't you? Should he have just buttoned his lip? It was unfortunate that the girl was 13 but Goodes didn't know that at the time and he had every right to call it out imo.

That was just part of a tribal dance, you racist.

No doubt he was booed by racists but he was also booed for the way he attacked the contest later in his career. Much like Gaz and his cheap shots, surely we can boo that.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Back