Heroic Adam Goodes honoured with a documentary about his last season

Adam Goodes is one of the all time greats and a wonderful role-model

• I agree (correct)

Votes: 31 35.6%
  • I disagree, and my wife/cousin shares this opinion

Votes: 26 29.9%
  • I await his swimming and **** policy (also correct)

Votes: 30 34.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't want Adam Goodes to apologise for anything. He doesn't owe anybody an apology.

I just want to be able to go to the footy without the AFL telling me I can't call an umpire a "green maggot" or a "bald headed flog." I want to be able to go to the football and cheer for my team, boo the opposition (as long as I don't swear, I am not racist or any other "-ist") and not be called a racist because I expressed by derision at a black footballer leading with his knees into a contest.

I just want to be able to go to the football in the knowledge that if I get a flat and call the RACV that Tyreboyz won't turn up!

Deadly as in really good?
Sadly no, a potentially fatal (and most probably evil) assault on a poor unsuspecting teenager that only a true flog would try and defend.

It’s not his doco you flog, he didn’t create it or direct it, gave no interviews for it and as far as I’m aware hasn’t spoken publicly about it. But keep revising the facts to suit champ.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

BOO

Then he should make a statement rubbishing the sooky doco

Fair enough but that doesn't give him a get out of jail free card.

I accept (for want of a better term) that we are a racist country. I don't accept that everybody who booed Goodes is a racist.

No one is saying everyone booing Goodes is a racist. And no one is saying don’t boo at the footy. I’m all for booing a sniper act on your player, or booing the returning player who left your team to sign with the opposition.

On the other hand Goodes was uniformly booed by huge sections of the crowd week in week out before he’d touched the ball or had a chance to do anything dirty. Why is it that he is the only player to cop this treatment week in week out? Was he the dirtiest, snipingest, stagingest flog ever to play the game or is it possible that something else caused this reaction? Like putting people offside by calling out racist BS.

No one is saying everyone booing Goodes is a racist. And no one is saying don’t boo at the footy. I’m all for booing a sniper act on your player, or booing the returning player who left your team to sign with the opposition.

On the other hand Goodes was uniformly booed by huge sections of the crowd week in week out before he’d touched the ball or had a chance to do anything dirty. Why is it that he is the only player to cop this treatment week in week out? Was he the dirtiest, snipingest, stagingest flog ever to play the game or is it possible that something else caused this reaction? Like putting people offside by calling out racist BS.

The AFL is absolutely saying to not boo at the footy. Someone got hauled over the coals for calling an umpire a "green maggot."

It has become an Orwellian organisation.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He was boo'd because he wouldn't even acknowledge he was a diving flog

Out comes the race card again

Wtf? Go back to your hole dh.People like you hate Goodes because you thought an Indigenous person is not worthy of Australian of the year and you don't like Indigenous people giving their opinions.Sounds like you come from a long line of bigoted dirtbags.
So are you anti racist? Or simply anti criticism of MR Goodes?
I find you calling he a dh offensive and racist, and ask that you cease. I will take any further mention of such being a racist call.
"people like you" - seriously, that is a pathetic argument
I have no issue with anyone winning an ward like AoY. However i am offended in someone receiving the award and then insulting the community that provided the support for such an award to be received.
I have no issue with anyone voicing their opinion.
And again Mr Goodes was happy to coolect from the racist sport that is the AFL. US racists provide the funding the AFL receives to pay Mr Goodes. A tad hypocritical.
And again you call me bigoted for having an opinion. You are simple. As you resort to abusing people when you lack the intellect to discuss a topic. Keep plying your insult trade.

And again i ask do you think it is 'fair' that people need to pay a merch fee for the use of the aboriginal flag. Or should we be proud and allowed to support the flag with no merch fee. If you are too simple to understand there is a fee to use the Aboriginal flag, that why you pay a premium to buy it.

Maybe sometimes things need to be called out. Not every Aboriginal is perfect, just like not every Bigoted dirtbags are perfect. But you receive no punishment for such abuse, yet if i call you out for your language with the use of similar language you will point the bone and ask for AFP to step in and save your poor soul.

So are you anti racist? Or simply anti criticism of MR Goodes?
I find you calling he a dh offensive and racist, and ask that you cease. I will take any further mention of such being a racist call.
"people like you" - seriously, that is a pathetic argument
I have no issue with anyone winning an ward like AoY. However i am offended in someone receiving the award and then insulting the community that provided the support for such an award to be received.
I have no issue with anyone voicing their opinion.
And again Mr Goodes was happy to coolect from the racist sport that is the AFL. US racists provide the funding the AFL receives to pay Mr Goodes. A tad hypocritical.
And again you call me bigoted for having an opinion. You are simple. As you resort to abusing people when you lack the intellect to discuss a topic. Keep plying your insult trade.

And again i ask do you think it is 'fair' that people need to pay a merch fee for the use of the aboriginal flag. Or should we be proud and allowed to support the flag with no merch fee. If you are too simple to understand there is a fee to use the Aboriginal flag, that why you pay a premium to buy it.

Maybe sometimes things need to be called out. Not every Aboriginal is perfect, just like not every Bigoted dirtbags are perfect. But you receive no punishment for such abuse, yet if i call you out for your language with the use of similar language you will point the bone and ask for AFP to step in and save your poor soul.
Whatever mate, you're right off chops.Is it that hard for you to show respect for Indigenous leaders?

You are exaggerating. If he was booed before he had even touched the ball in a game, how did you know it was him who was getting booed?

Whatever mate, you're right off chops.Is it that hard for you to show respect for Indigenous leaders?
Dear Mr2 - as i dont want to be disrespectful to an intelligent person by mentioning them in a conversation with yourself.
I didnt realise we were in a communist country and i was compelled to show respect show respect to someone because they are indigenous. And who elevated him to an indigenous leader? He is a footballer who was talented. He did not play the game fairly, and was given preferential treatment by the AFL.
And again please get an understanding as to how respect is earnt. Your commentary is poor.

And i find it ludicrous you can espouse insults and vitriol, yet when the same is directed to your leader it immediately becomes racist.

Look within and dont start a discussion with a lack of intelligence.

Regards

Exipnos

We are doomed as a country and species if this is the *ed behaviour we encourage:

You have a race-baiting “professional” athlete being heckled by a 13 year old Collingwood fan and playing the victim card and is eventually given Australian of the year outta sympathy,

Meanwhile.. didn’t shane Crawford raise a record amount for breast cancer funding research and awareness? And what did he get?

NOTHING!!?

This sorta s**t is why I hope isis wins..

Seriously what are we protecting? A bunch of ingrate snowflakes and prentintious social justice warriors who want to silence free speech and tell you how to live

No thanks

Last edited:
Yet Gaff was racially boo'd because of it

Much like Ablett is racially boo'd for being a sniping campaigner

Is Gaff boo'd every week, no matter the opponent, every time he touches the ball? No. People have moved on.

But apparently 'staging for frees lots' is a good reason for this to happen to Goodes.

You think he should have got a cut?
An accolade, acknowledgement, award I dunno Australian of the year seems far too extreme cause we usually give them out to divisive race baiting flogs I know, but something that says hey thanks for not being Adam Goodes would nice lol

Back