Hewitt v Blake

May 8, 2003
Hamish Paradise
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Islanders, Nuggets
Having also dealt with Hewitt on several occasions, I wholeheartedly echo Arsene Wenger's comments.
Thinks he is better than everyone else and talks to people that way.
I was pleased to at least see someone have a crack back at him today, with Blake finally taking the p.ss out of his pathetic behaviour.
The way he carried on when winning the second set was truly a joke.
He might be Australian, but I will never support him, no matter who he plays.
I look forward to Marat or Roger wiping the floor with him.

m.diddy

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 3, 2004
#11 on AC's list.
scottywiper said:
Having also dealt with Hewitt on several occasions, I wholeheartedly echo Arsene Wenger's comments.
I was pleased to at least see someone have a crack back at him today, with Blake finally taking the p.ss out of his pathetic behaviour.
The best crack back at hewitt was by nalbandian last week when hewitt was going on about how the courts should be made more to suit him (and the aussies). And Nalbandian replied that it's not the davis cup

Sep 9, 2000
Adelaide
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Glenelg, Redbacks, Lakers
scottywiper said:

You idiot. The reason he carried on like that when winning the 2nd set was because it was such an important part of the match! If he had lost it, it was possibly Aus open over! Even if he had come back and won in 5 it would have taken so much out of him anyway and more than likely he would have exited in the next few matches. Some people in this country are p*** weak when it comes to what it takes to offend them. Grow some b***s.
BTW, it was a great move that by Blake in taunting him. It was a major factor in his downfall. ;)

Aug 19, 2004
Grand Finals
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Team Rafael Nadal
eastaugh36 said:
You idiot. The reason he carried on like that when winning the 2nd set was because it was such an important part of the match! If he had lost it, it was possibly Aus open over! Even if he had come back and won in 5 it would have taken so much out of him anyway and more than likely he would have exited in the next few matches. Some people in this country are p*** weak when it comes to what it takes to offend them. Grow some b***s.
BTW, it was a great move that by Blake in taunting him. It was a major factor in his downfall. ;)
without him aussie tennis is doomed.. no quality kids coming up as well and we have to depend on scud the dud to represent us..what a pathetic effort. Atleast australia is in the tennis map because of him.

Sep 9, 2000
Adelaide
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Thats Power said:
without him aussie tennis is doomed.. no quality kids coming up as well and we have to depend on scud the dud to represent us..what a pathetic effort. Atleast australia is in the tennis map because of him.

Phillippoussis, now there's someone to bag! What a soft****. Heart the size of a pea. Looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane.
I think that tennis in Australia is looking good. Maybe that is in part to Phillipoussis nearly gone! Our women are showing alot. South Aussie Molik, Stosur and now Sophie Ferguson. Maybe we will actually win a fed cup tie soon!
The men are a bit of a concern with Hewitt and then daylight. Todd Reid is a pretender IMO. Arthurs best is behind him. At least we have quality male doubles players!

Aug 19, 2004
Grand Finals
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Team Rafael Nadal
eastaugh36 said:
Phillippoussis, now there's someone to bag! What a soft****. Heart the size of a pea. Looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane.
I think that tennis in Australia is looking good. Maybe that is in part to Phillipoussis nearly gone! Our women are showing alot. South Aussie Molik, Stosur and now Sophie Ferguson. Maybe we will actually win a fed cup tie soon!
The men are a bit of a concern with Hewitt and then daylight. Todd Reid is a pretender IMO. Arthurs best is behind him. At least we have quality male doubles players!
Reid is a dud..so is Guccione.. i can only imagine if hewitt gets injured.. whats gonna happen to our DC team :rolleyes: ..we are going to win the doubles match.. only rubber

JohnF

Club Legend
Apr 13, 2004
eastaugh36 said:

Hear hear eastaugh!

shiva25

The Frisk
Apr 19, 2002
Shyte Creek
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
LIONS / LIVERPOOL
eastaugh36 said:

How can you say Australian tennis is looking good with Hewitt and Molik being the only tennis players of any note.There is massive daylight between the rest.I tend to think the opposite as there were a lot more quality Aussie players 5 or 6 years ago than there is now

Denno

Club Legend
Oct 26, 2000
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Brisbane
scottywiper said:

Here here!

Sep 9, 2000
Adelaide
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
shiva25 said:
How can you say Australian tennis is looking good with Hewitt and Molik being the only tennis players of any note.There is massive daylight between the rest.I tend to think the opposite as there were a lot more quality Aussie players 5 or 6 years ago than there is now

We actually have a woman in the top dozen or so plus some promising types in Stosur and Ferguson. Hewitt is near the top. I can never remember us having both a male and female so high up at the one time and also a promising group of females in the wings.

Back