Hewitt v Roddick

Remove this Banner Ad

SYDNEY_EAGLE said:
I'm shocked by the lack of support for Hewitt.

Roddick is completely one-dimensional and has been flattered by the draw this year. Who has he beaten? No-one.

Hewitt is battle-hardened and won't give Roddick an inch.

Get behind Rusty, because he's got a date with the Big Russian on Sunday.
Called it....

Show some respect.

Don't pretend for one f*cking second that you know more about tennis than me.

If you wanna take the ******** about my reliance on statistics, that's fine. But I read this match-up to precision, when all of you were saying that Roddick would do it easily.

SYDNEY_EAGLE said:
You're just bitter because you fancy yourself as an expert but read tonight's match completely wrong.

I, on the other hand, called it early and emphatically, and I was vindicated.

You, my friend, don't know sh*t, as demonstrated by your thoughts pre-match on Hewitt's chances.
Congratulations :D want a cookie?
Hewitt's fitness is in question.I have also said that a fully fit hewitt will beat roddick.That was my only reason

AirportWest #17 said:
Hewitt has had three 5 set matches that he has had to fight his way through and ur saying he doesnt deserve to win?

But Federer didnt win, and all he can do is watch from the side lines!
Dont bother mate lol he guessed a result correctly for the first time.. let him enjoy

AirportWest #17 said:
Hewitt has had three 5set matches and ur saying he doesnt deserve to win?

5 set matches are one thing, but Safin did what no top 10 player has been able to do for 18 months.

His victory over Federer is more impressive than Hewitt's 4 wins over guys ranked below him.

Thats Power said:
Congratulations :D want a cookie?
Hewitt's fitness is in question.I have also said that a fully fit hewitt will beat roddick.That was my only reason
Read the detail. I predicted the way the match would unfold.

You had no idea.

AirportWest #17 said:
Hewitt has had three 5 set matches that he has had to fight his way through and ur saying he doesnt deserve to win?

Obviously.

My point is that Safin did what Hewitt would have failed to do.

My point is that by beating Federer, Safin is the most deserving of the title.

Whether it pans out that way remains to be seen, but that's my reason for supporting Federer in the final.

SYDNEY_EAGLE said:
Read the detail. I predicted the way the match would unfold.

You had no idea.
You are over the moon! you are acting like a 12 year old boy who never saw a naked chick..and when he did he.......... well.. :D Oh geez..well done on the result prediction.Its worthless to debate something with you because all of us here agree you know nothing about the game :rolleyes: ..Peace out!

Thats Power said:
You are over the moon! you are acting like a 12 year old boy who never saw a naked chick..and when he did he.......... well.. :D Oh geez..well done on the result prediction.Its worthless to debate something with you because all of us here agree you know nothing about the game :rolleyes: ..Peace out!
If I know nothing, then why was I right while you were wrong?

Thats Power said:
Jim courier predicted it the same way as i did! Maybe you know more than him too? :D
I don't recall Courier making a concrete prediction.

And before you embarass yourself further, this is what I do for a living. I'm a sports journalist. My bread and butter is talking, thinking and writing about this sh*t. I have nothing to prove to you.

Thats Power said:
Jim courier predicted it the same way as i did! Maybe you know more than him too? :D
Do you attach smiley faces when you think you've made a killer point?

It's pretty lame, especially when your points are like floating turds.

SYDNEY_EAGLE said:

And before you embarass yourself further, this is what I do for a living. I'm a sports journalist. My bread and butter is talking, thinking and writing about this sh*t. I have nothing to prove to you.
:D oh man! surely sounds like it..calling nalbandian an ordinary player..calling beating nadal is NOTHING.:D ..mate if you are a sports journalist..i pity that newspaper/magazine readers :D cheers and out!

Thats Power said:
:D oh man! surely sounds like it..calling nalbandian an ordinary player..calling beating nadal is NOTHING.:D ..mate if you are a sports journalist..i pity that newspaper/magazine readers :D cheers and out!
I called Nalbandian 2nd tier, which he is and will continue to be until he wins a major.

Hewitt beating Nadal was testament to Hewitt's spirit, but he should have disposed of an 18 yar-old 56th ranked youngster with greater ease.

Don't mischaracterise my position for your own purile ends.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

SYDNEY_EAGLE said:
Hewitt beating Nadal was testament to Hewitt's spirit, but he should have disposed of an 18 yar-old 56th ranked youngster with greater ease..

Well he was good enough to make the 4th round of a grand slam so he must be decent!!

AirportWest #17 said:
Well he was good enough to make the 4th round of a grand slam so he must be decent!!
I dont go by rankings.Nadal is an extremely dangerous floater in the draw and he is very very tough with the heavy topspin looping forehand shots.It totally puzzled federer last year in miami and roddick in davis cup!Mark my words nadal is going to make it through to the top 20 this year only

Nalbandian? Pfft. A good player, considering he's in the top 10. But not on the level of the top four or five. Agassi I'd compare with the top four, despite his ranking.

Sydney Eagle... it's how you define "quality" that counts. Fererro for instance... would you call him a quality player, go so far as to say that Coria beat a quality player despite his crap form? Based on his form this far, GS titles are irrelevant. A quality opponent is someone you play who is in good/great form at the time. Titles are just a bonus.

SYDNEY_EAGLE said:

Hmmm.

SYDNEY_EAGLE said:
Obviously.

My point is that Safin did what Hewitt would have failed to do.

My point is that by beating Federer, Safin is the most deserving of the title.

Whether it pans out that way remains to be seen, but that's my reason for supporting Federer in the final.

Woops!!

Obviously some journalists don't proof read ;)

For the record, I reckon Safin deserves and should win too...

I see what you're getting at Sydney Eagle. When a Grand Slam begins, it is given to Federer and if you want it, you have to take it off him. Safin has done that. But Hewitt now has a chance to take it from Safin and fair enough too. Some times in a Grand Slam you don't just have to beat the best, but also the second best.

BTW I think you're being harsh on the base line players. Saying they don't have weopens isn't true. Todd Reid, now there's a base liner without a weopen. But Clement, Blake, Chela and Nalbandian are some of the best base liners around.

Let's start with Clement, his weopen is speed. Court speed can force all kinds errors and set up winners that wouldn't be there for others. He was ranked mid thirties I believe, only a few spots from a seeding. Anyway he's the sort of player you would expect to see in a 3rd round, so Lleyton had a tough opening match.

Blake is another speedster but with a big forehand. He's some way off winning a major, but a semifinal birth is not out of the question. I'm sure he'll make a quick return to the top 20.

Chela doesn't have a significant weopen, but his style suits 'rebound ace' and results have shown this. Last year he beat Scheutler (the previous runner up) in the openning match. On his day I firmly believe he can beat most. His court coverage and height seem to play a big role in the Australian Open.

I seriously hope you were joking about Nalbandian not having a weopen. Last year he won the Kooyong championship beating Agassi (who beat Federer). The year before he had a match point against Roddick in the US Open semi. Roddick then went on to win the title. Not only does Nalbandian have supreme court coverage, he has a cracking forehand and my favourite, a backhand which he can consistantly hit down the line.

No weopens?...pfft!

Amazing how well Lleyton beat him in the last set, will give him great confidence for the final. Thought his return of serve was very good and if he can do it again like that he will be in with a great shot of winning the final.

For all the talk of time on court being in everyone else's favour but Lleytons, he's now the one looking fresh whilst Safin has just come off a huge 5-setter. Seemed like all the hard work went in his favour against Roddick who struggled when challenged because he's gotten through the tournament so easily so far.

Q. You went off court at the end of the third set, you were gone for quite some time. Was there any problem there?

ANDY RODDICK: I was changing my clothes. Then the referee came and started getting on me about changing my clothes, so that was fun. You know, asked him if he wanted to tie one shoe for me, and I could tie the other one, we could just save time. I guess that wasn't a good idea.

But, no, I mean, I was just changing my clothes. I told the chair umpire I was going to.

:D oh geez :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back