Hewitt vs Krygios+Tomic+Kokkinakis

Remove this Banner Ad

Macpotata

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 22, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
Who wins an all out war in a best of three street fight showdown in Little Brisbane? Joking.

The saga continues between this mob. Despite the players having a rep for being bratty initially I believed they had a point, and possibly still do, about Hewitt favouring other players. Now I don't think it is that at all. Tomic threatening Hewitt? Never know what to believe. Some people might seem trust worthy but are indeed the one's inflicting the damage. However, I think these young lads are spoilt poster boys with a chip on their shoulder { always had a chip, I mean more like a ******* boulder }

What do you guys think? Hewitt playing favourites, or are these guys even bigger clowns than what we ever could have imagined?

Feb 13, 2011
AFL Club
Richmond
Where do Kyrgios/Thanasi sit in all this? The Tomic v Hewitt stuff is obviously out there, but the other two are reasonably quiet.
Kyrgios did make an Instagram post attacking Hewitt's biases.

Kokkanakis I feel sorry for. Always seems to be dragged into Bernie and Nick's s**t.

Stax on the mill

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 13, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Hewitt is not perfect, far from it. I also believe he shouldn’t be playing DC doubles. However he’s got 10 times the character that Tomic and Kyrgios have. As far I am concerned they are both a cancer on Australian Tennis. They are I think, 26 and 23 respectively. They will never change their personalities or behaviour at this stage of their careers or lives. Both arrogant smartarses, both lack the work ethic to really fulfill their undeniable talent. Neither of them respond well to having their mistakes pointed out. They have no respect for anyone, or for the game of tennis. If I was Hewitt I would also have wiped them both, and wouldn’t bother watching their matches. Why bother with lazy, abusive douche bags like those 2.

I usually support Australian players unequivocally when they play; but in the case of Tomic and Kyrgios, I hope they lose every time. They are an embarrassment to Australia every time they open their mouths, on or off the court. Would be more than happy if neither represented Australia in DC again. I prefer guys of lesser natural ability, who are ready to give 100%, and are prepared to listen. Would also be more than happy if both their careers went into complete free fall, and we stopped hearing about them.

Not sure about Kokkinakis. He is a mate of Kyrgios, so in all likelihood shares his opinions to some extent. However he is not obnoxious like the other 2. Seems a pretty decent guy? He has also had a bad run with injuries. Hopefully he gets a clear run with injuries and fulfills his undoubted talent. Also hope he starts to choose his mates a bit better.

Last edited:

Chubberson

Cancelled
BeanCoiNFT Investor
Apr 12, 2011
radelaide
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I'm with Hewitt here. He has the drive and work ethic of a maniac (and results) so if he was ever outspoken, at least he'd earned the right to be heard. Unlike Tomic and Kygrios who both come across as pretty average campaigners. Meanwhile, the Hewitt understudies/next gen Aussie males completely vindicate Hewitt. Hard work beats talent, still, post career.

Sep 22, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Washington Wizards
Tennis Australia should just let Hewitt go. Too much influence and personal stuff happening. Clearly has his personal favourites.

Very unprofessional with Hewitt’s press conference. Needed to keep quiet, just say no comment and move on. Now it’s just petty and personal. Tennis Australia will have to be brought in to deal with it.

Belnakor

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 10, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
The Tennis Australia gravy train is drying up for Bernie and Nick, and they're panicking now that they may have to work for their supper.

Even more so if, as one source suggested, Kokkinakis was initially offered a wild card for the Australian Open only to have it revoked after Hewitt cast a veto.

I think this is all about wild cards. You get gifted a wildcard into a tourament thats a 50k pay day for you even if you lose 6-0, 6-0, 6-0. Bernie in particular doesn't like playing qualifiers and wants a free run into these matches. He doesn't prepare right, doesn't put in the work. So if he has to play qualifiers by the time he gets to the main draw he is rooted and gets knocked out earlier than he would if he started in the main draw.

The fact that Tomic has basically disgraced himself countless times after being gifted a wildcard meant eventually the line was going to be drawn in the sand - ie: give some other blokes a go.

Last edited:

Tigerssaints

Club Legend
Sep 7, 2012
Hobart
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
hobart f c
Tennis Australia should just let Hewitt go. Too much influence and personal stuff happening. Clearly has his personal favourites.

Very unprofessional with Hewitt’s press conference. Needed to keep quiet, just say no comment and move on. Now it’s just petty and personal. Tennis Australia will have to be brought in to deal with it.
gee your tough , ( what about cricket teams having faviurite players ) did you actually see Tomic pressy . A lot of personal stuff, at the end he said have fun with that guys. when you have three ego driven d/h . i would not have left it . had to do a pressy. as TA craig tiley is missing in action
Tomic has made 6 million prize money from tennis . he owes ausrtralia tennis, its a privilege not a right to play davis cup

AlwaysHawks15

Premiership Player
Nov 12, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Regardless of people's opinions on tomic there is clearly something going on that Hewitt won't discuss publicly for obvious reasons. There is certainly some truths in what tomic has said. What's the motivation to bullshit? He is already hated by a lot of people so he is happy to stoke the fire some more to make his point. Not only that he is very rarely not honest. Says what he thinks almost all the time. Instead of dismissing what he said we should look into what exactly is going on so something can be done about it. At the very least Hewitt should be put on notice or under investigation as to how he is operating. If there is nothing untoward going on he can clear his name and we move on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stax on the mill

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 13, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Regardless of people's opinions on tomic there is clearly something going on that Hewitt won't discuss publicly for obvious reasons. There is certainly some truths in what tomic has said. What's the motivation to bullshit? He is already hated by a lot of people so he is happy to stoke the fire some more to make his point. Not only that he is very rarely not honest. Says what he thinks almost all the time. Instead of dismissing what he said we should look into what exactly is going on so something can be done about it. At the very least Hewitt should be put on notice or under investigation as to how he is operating. If there is nothing untoward going on he can clear his name and we move on.
Nah! Apart from Hewitt playing DC doubles, which I don’t agree with, it’s pretty simple really. Nothing to see. Hewitt prefers, and is prepared to put the time and effort into blokes who are prepared to train and play to their utmost ( De Minaur, Millman, Bolt etc ).

He’s employing a “no dickhead” policy, therefore Tomic and Kyrgios are on the outer, and a good thing too. Hewitt obviously isn’t prepared to waste his time and energy any more on blokes who aren’t prepared to do the hard yards. And that’s the way it should be.

Bernie’s version of honesty is generally a self serving one, and has been that way from even before Pat Rafter ran things.

AlwaysHawks15

Premiership Player
Nov 12, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Nah! Apart from Hewitt playing DC doubles, which I don’t agree with, it’s pretty simple really. Nothing to see. Hewitt prefers, and is prepared to put the time and effort into blokes who are prepared to train and play to their utmost ( De Minaur, Millman, Bolt etc ).

He’s employing a “no dickhead” policy, therefore Tomic and Kyrgios are on the outer, and a good thing too. Hewitt obviously isn’t prepared to waste his time and energy any more on blokes who aren’t prepared to do the hard yards. And that’s the way it should be.

Bernie’s version of honesty is generally a self serving one, and has been that way from even before Pat Rafter ran things.
Do you have inside info? If not what makes your opinion concrete?, you seem to be suffering from the "tomic is a w***er" syndrome and nothing he says matters. Just sweep it under the rug yeah nothing to see yeah?

Stax on the mill

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 13, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Do you have inside info? If not what makes your opinion concrete?, you seem to be suffering from the "tomic is a w***er" syndrome and nothing he says matters. Just sweep it under the rug yeah nothing to see yeah?
Do you have anything concrete which would warrant an investigation? You seem to be suffering from the “ because such a reputable source as Tomic” makes these claims syndrome, then TA must launch an investigation. And yes, Tomic is a w***er and has a serious credibility problem.

I certainly wouldn’t be launching any investigation just on Tomic’s say so. If a number of players, apart from Tomic and his other dickhead mate Kyrgios came out and backed him up, then yes, by all means look into it. In the meantime; spare me.

Last edited:

ItsGameTime

Cancelled
Jan 29, 2013
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Sep 27, 2012
Hawks heartland
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Bushrangers Tottenham Hotspur
Hewitt is not perfect, far from it. I also believe he shouldn’t be playing DC doubles. However he’s got 10 times the character that Tomic and Kyrgios have. As far I am concerned they are both a cancer on Australian Tennis. They are I think, 26 and 23 respectively. They will never change their personalities or behaviour at this stage of their careers or lives. Both arrogant smartarses, both lack the work ethic to really fulfill their undeniable talent. Neither of them respond well to having their mistakes pointed out. They have no respect for anyone, or for the game of tennis. If I was Hewitt I would also have wiped them both, and wouldn’t bother watching their matches. Why bother with lazy, abusive douche bags like those 2.

I usually support Australian players unequivocally when they play; but in the case of Tomic and Kyrgios, I hope they lose every time. They are an embarrassment to Australia every time they open their mouths, on or off the court. Would be more than happy if neither represented Australia in DC again. I prefer guys of lesser natural ability, who are ready to give 100%, and are prepared to listen. Would also be more than happy if both their careers went into complete free fall, and we stopped hearing about them.

Not sure about Kokkinakis. He is a mate of Kyrgios, so in all likelihood shares his opinions to some extent. However he is not obnoxious like the other 2. Seems a pretty decent guy? He has also had a bad run with injuries. Hopefully he gets a clear run with injuries and fulfills his undoubted talent. Also hope he starts to choose his mates a bit better.

Pretty much sums up my thoughts on the subject. I was not a fan of Hewitt drafting himself into the team to play doubles at the tie at Kooyong v USA a couple of years ago but have less problem with it now that he regularly plays doubles on the tour (albeit with the assistance of WCs).

As with most things I suspect, the truth lies somewhere in the middle. Worth remembering that Tomic leveled similar criticism at Pat Rafter when he was DC captain. What is the common denominator here?

Let's face it, when WCs are being handed out and DC spots are up for grabs someone is always going to miss out and feel hard done by. It's the same story when the GF team is selected, there is always a hard luck story. Its just not possible to please everyone.

Last edited:

hamohawk1

Premiership Player
Feb 18, 2011
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Dont necessarily rate Tomic but the common theme again is TA having major governance issues. If TA like you, they will help but as has been shown if your not in the 'clique' you'll be on the outer. No doubting bernard and nick haven't helped their cases, but i still maintain TA has major issues. Its inability to deliver players at the top level over the past 15-20 years is nothing short of abysmal.

If it’s simply a case of Hewitt looking after the guys who have a greater work ethic, I don’t think you can really say anything. He should stop playing though, that’s purely selfishness.

He can play as long as he likes while there are other 35+ year olds still on the tour (singles/doubles etc).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back