Discussion Hex - MMA fights in Melbourne

Macpotata

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 22, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
I watched some on Fox last night. I think his name is Alex George, European looking or middle Eastern. I'm pretty sure I've seen him fight before on it. Anyway, must say I really enjoyed his style and liked his character. He was crazy, ruthless, in your face and has a F--- You attitude. I like that when it comes to throwing down. The guy had him in an ankle/achilles lock and Alex was giving him the finger saying big deal campaigner. Diaz like. He's only 23 years of age too so he has plenty of time. HEX obviously isn't UFC standard by any stretch, but I thought I'd pay the kid his dues. As a fighter, I like what he possesses.

His boldness is awesome, but could also be his downfall if he gets too reckless like when he let his opponent off the hook and back into the fight at one point. He did that earlier on too, but that time wanted to go to to toe looking for a clean finish and didn't want to risk getting clinched on the cage as he had his opponent dazed. All in all I'm a big fan and can tell his had his fair share of scraps on the street.

He's a hard campaigner.

Aug 1, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Big event on the weekend, going to have to try and get to one of these one time, went to an AFC at the Pavilion pre cage and it was a good night. Anyway this was a great win by Ben Sosoli but a shithouse reffing effort, Ben wanted it stopped twice but no good, hate seeing this s**t.

Jul 24, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Phoenix Suns, Sunderland
I havnt seen hex on fox for awhile

Yeah, this card was only available online I believe. I looked for it on foxtel on Friday night and it was nowhere to be seen.

Big event on the weekend, going to have to try and get to one of these one time, went to an AFC at the Pavilion pre cage and it was a good night. Anyway this was a great win by Ben Sosoli but a shithouse reffing effort, Ben wanted it stopped twice but no good, hate seeing this s**t.

I saw that "stoppage" last night. What a terrible referee! Kelvin was clearly out of it after the shot that knocked him down, so to see Sosoli have to land 10 or so more shots before the ref stepped in was disgraceful.

Aug 1, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Yeah, this card was only available online I believe. I looked for it on foxtel on Friday night and it was nowhere to be seen.

I saw that "stoppage" last night. What a terrible referee! Kelvin was clearly out of it after the shot that knocked him down, so to see Sosoli have to land 10 or so more shots before the ref stepped in was disgraceful.

I think that guy was reffing a few fights at the recent Melbourne card, he seemed to be the main ref at the Diamondback event in SA I went to last year, he’s been around evidently.

There’s letting a main event go a bit longer, and theres “wanting to see a murder” as someone on Facebook put it.

Back