Hey Garry.....thanks but no thanks!

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 24, 2008
Victoria
AFL Club
Melbourne
Hey Loin Chop.....please, please,please do NOT get involved in any new coach selection. We know you may have mean't well with Dean and Mark....but please, go help someone else.

Your current strike rate is about as good as our win loss rate against other Vic teams.

Wouldn't surprise if you have been also "advising" our recruiting department of late.

Tanks but no tanks.

Did he say he was going to try and get a new coach for Melbourne?

Pretty sure he got a bit agro and mumbled something about "sack the board then" , they were talking about the non-decision and trying to put their take on it. Mostly no one seems to know what went on in the meeting (the media) , allowing them to speculate to their hearts content .

He could be invaluable in selecting the next coach. Just pick the coach who he thinks is the biggest dud and you got your man.

Maybe they could borrow Terry Wallace or go out and recruit Richard Tambling!

I'm a little disappointed we haven't gone after Danny Frawley. What this team needs most is to lower their eyes and play for the jumper.

What we need to do is actually set up a NEW committee to choose a new coach.

I reckon a committee containing Garry Lyon, Robert Walls, Michael Voss, Matty Primus, Tim Watson, and Danny Frawley would be the Ultimate!...

...In Failure.

Maybe they could borrow Terry Wallace or go out and recruit Richard Tambling!
Very Funny

Richard Tambling as Captain-Coach in a return to the 1930s

Bes thing for the EFC was bringing back strong Essendon people (this is before Hird/Bomber).

You need your top line Melbourne players from the mid 90's onwards back at the club to show through shear passion what it means to pull on the jumper of the red n' black.

(may be a sore point on these boards but) I hear Shane Woewodin has been doing some incredible things developing younger players in the WAFL and has built himself up quite a good reputation, worth a look I would have thought.

Someone like a Scott West who simply lived and breathed football and simply cannot help the self by putting in 110% no matter what club it is would be another.

We had West for awhile as a part time assistant, couldnt get him to come on full time later on, not sure where he is now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We had West for awhile as a part time assistant, couldnt get him to come on full time later on, not sure where he is now.

Not quite how it happened.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back