TV Hey Hey It's Saturday Is Back

Chief Ten Beers

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 11, 2008
AFL Club
Collingwood
How about the fact that the USA is the home of rap music which to me is offensive, degrading to women, and uses 'racist' language.
That is a really, really dumb comment to make. I'm not even into a lot of this music but it's pretty obvious that not all rap is degrading or uses offensive language.

They have a word for this by the way:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stereotype

Chief Ten Beers

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 11, 2008
AFL Club
Collingwood
Sarcasm's only usually funny when it actually has some form of relevance. The post is way out of left field with at least the last half a dozen posts.

Fossie 32

Premium Platinum
Oct 6, 2002
1300GODOGS
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Melbourne..VICTORY, Leeds
That is a really, really dumb comment to make. I'm not even into a lot of this music but it's pretty obvious that not all rap is degrading or uses offensive language.

They have a word for this by the way:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stereotype

Thanks MWNN but I was serious. I should have said 'some' rap music as i generally don't listen to it much.

Is that better Chief Ten Beers - and you could have pointed out it was a generalization without saying it was dumb. I think everyone would realise that - whoops - another generalisation :D

crownie

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 31, 2005
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
How about the fact that the USA is the home of rap music which to me is offensive, degrading to women, and uses 'racist' language.
i was on the train in L.A where a group of 3 black guys were throwing around the 'N' about once every 5 words, im sure if a white guy like me went up to them and called them that word they would of suddenly been offended.

Chief Ten Beers

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 11, 2008
AFL Club
Collingwood
Is that better Chief Ten Beers - and you could have pointed out it was a generalization without saying it was dumb.
Sure thing, that is a better way of putting it.

Actually, just last week I found an radio station, via the net, from America that exclusively plays Christian Rap. There's just so many genre's these days it really is hard to generalize music.

Fossie 32

Premium Platinum
Oct 6, 2002
1300GODOGS
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Melbourne..VICTORY, Leeds
i was on the train in L.A where a group of 3 black guys were throwing around the 'N' about once every 5 words, im sure if a white guy like me went up to them and called them that word they would of suddenly been offended.
That's what I'm talking about! There is so much inconsistency and hypocrisy involved in the way **Some** people discuss racism.

likka

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 12, 2004
Rehab
AFL Club
Collingwood
I suppose the big question now is how long will it last?

The reunion shows were okay in a nostalgic sense, but with no Ozzie anymore that is about 18 more weeks of Darryl than I think I could stomach.

Cousin Jed

Retired President of BigFooty
Jul 29, 2007
Right Here
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Red Sox, Qld
If they try and stretch each show out for 3 hours again, people will be well and truly bored of it by the 5th episode.

Has to be 2 hours at an absolute max.

Mr.X

Premiership Player
Apr 27, 2007
AFL Club
Carlton
Just heard some crazy whisper there is talk about a variety show on C31 coming that'll be a next gen Hey Hey

Somers to produce, with acts, the old segments, red faces etc on a Sat night

Surely not serious?

Remove this Banner Ad