Remove this Banner Ad

May 11, 2006
On the Outer
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls, Aussie Swim Team,
http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/story/0,28383,25832031-10229,00.html

HEY Hey It's Saturday is back - 10 years after fans were left lamenting when it disappeared from our screens.

Channel 9 has commissioned two live reunion specials of the legendary variety show.

Host Daryl Somers and Nine yesterday promised the two shows, to be screened later this year, would be a blend of nostalgia and new material, the Herald Sun reports.

If they rate well, Nine and Somers look certain to negotiate a new series of Hey Hey.

http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/story/0,28383,25832031-10229,00.html

As a fan of the old show I am stoked. It will be interesting to see how it goes without Ozzie Ostrich as Ernie Carroll is 80 years old. But can't wait to see Plucka again.:D

Damn it, beat me to it!

But hell yeah, this is awesome news. It'll only work if all the cast come back, same format & segments etc., I don't want half the show returning, I want the whole thing.

As much as i hated 9 for getting rid of it in the first place and desperately wanting it back (may not have been award winning looking back at it, but it was a good fill in on a saturday night), i'm not sure how it would go in today's market.

I'd still be a sucker for Plucka and Red Faces... not too sure i could tolerate Daryl's talking like a 5 year old to the camera + keep him away from the drums!!!! :p

people are just wanting to relive the memories.

if the show came back it would be bashed from pillar to post by people who have said it has changed and after 3 weeks no-one will watch it.

As a fan of the old show I am stoked. It will be interesting to see how it goes without Ozzie Ostrich as Ernie Carroll is 80 years old. But can't wait to see Plucka again.:D

Plucka rules!

I'm over the moon about this and can't wait to see the old gang together again.

Hey Hey is GEN Xs IMT and IMHO the equal best (with Countdown of course) aussie show ever.

Also I still think Nine should rerun the old shows in full perhaps on GO.

Great news! It was funny and you could tune in at any time and get a laugh. It is better than most of the rubbish on TV these days.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Red Faces was the best part of that show IMHO.

Loved it how Red used to give Kid and Crowd Favourite acts really low scores like 1 or 2,

Great news. I loved Hey Hey when it was on and it will be great to relive the memories. I doubt very much the show will come back in it's original form, but a couple of specials now and then should satisfy most people.

It wont be fully in its old form as there may be no Ossie Ostrich as Ernie Carroll is 80 years old. I think people shouldn't be too quick to write it off. Let's see how the specials go. If they bomb then we will know for sure the time has passed for it.

Should be a fun nostalgia trip. Shame Daryl would have to host it. Never liked the guy. They got rid of the wrong one in that duo if you ask me.

TBH I think it's a bit overrated. I just think had the internet been as prevelent back then, a lot of people who are now yearning for the return of Hey hey would have been criticising Sommers and a lot of aspects of the show.

The show now definately would not work without too many changes. The voiceover guy would have to go, too annoying, live audiences now a days can kill a show. I would like to see some one be given a real talk show like the American shows (Tonight Show, Late Night with....) but take what made shows like Hey Hey succesfull, get talented comedy writers involved and try to make it a staple of Australian TV.

The show now definately would not work without too many changes. The voiceover guy would have to go, too annoying

Don't agree - John Blackman was an integral part of the show & responsible for a lot of the fun & humour.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back