FTA-TV Hey Hey It's Saturday Is Back

Remove this Banner Ad

C31?

Gonna be a very cheap version of Hey Hey if thats the case.

Somers would surely still have some clout with advertisers/sponsors?

All they really need is a set, rehash some of the old segments and a few musical acts, couldn't be that expensive?

Just heard some crazy whisper there is talk about a variety show on C31 coming that'll be a next gen Hey Hey

Somers to produce, with acts, the old segments, red faces etc on a Sat night

Surely not serious?

Kamahl coming back too?

Just heard some crazy whisper there is talk about a variety show on C31 coming that'll be a next gen Hey Hey

Somers to produce, with acts, the old segments, red faces etc on a Sat night

Surely not serious?

I want this to be true, just to see a crazy fan made bootleg Ozzie Ostrich character.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Daryl Somers trying multiple times to re-live the past is a bit sad. Was a great family show but you gotta move forward with life mate.

Daryl Somers trying multiple times to re-live the past is a bit sad. Was a great family show but you gotta move forward with life mate.
Move forward to what? At least it was fun and entertaining not like the SHYTE that we get fed today, on free to air and all the stinking over done reality shows which bnecome less real every week. There are no real variety shows any more, nothing with genuine good comedy , s**t you may not even know the name now but Graham Kennedy years ago had shows I watched some sketches ioff it from YouTube and I laughed myself senseless, then what happened to full frontal and fast forward, did the politcally correct F*** that kind of stuff, like Hoges and what about a replaying of classic stuff like Col'n Carpenter, old but intelligent brilliant script funny as you can get, Gingell is a genius, there is no one around any more with the talent to put anything decent to watch , not a soul. And when you get comedy skits , what you get is two aboriginal women swearing like foul mouthed mongrels and pretending to S*** on the TV station stage, or a pack of lefty dogs calling other people in public life C***S you know, and you tell Daryl Somers that it is sad for him to maybe think about another crack at some decent close to the edge comedy again
Hey Hey Its Saturday was a gem! There is nothing like it now just fakery on TV these days, variety was chucked out the door, now we get fake reactions from these idol shows, where have the real talent gone somewhere , Kath and Kim was about the last TV sitcom created by Aussies that was pure genius and funny as buggary, and Utopia, the likes of the movie the Castle, where are those guys gone, the Chasers into political sh*t fighting and making a-holes of themselves with their Jewish wise cracks, yet they used to be funny. If you want to know what is SAD???
It's those of you who will just take what your given easily pleased never question cop second rate rubbish and pay for it.

Like what the AFL has done to our game. Looks like a rugby scrumming up and down the boundary line , while they play pack kick to kick, anything from 6 to 16 players around a ball up, actually that is a great comparison to the entertainment industry failure to develop ideas, but invent crappy rules to ruin it, ???? So why not Daryl Somers Hey Hey I 'll watch it.

If he is doing it again, he should have kept the other try out going, but I bet the execs on TV land said "Oh we can make more advertising cash, by ruining the crap that we put on anyway" with millions of program killing advertisements.
American smart arse wise cracking half hour tripe fair dinkum, Col'n Carpenter leaves them for dead while we are prepared to watch and pay foe sewrage as entertainment we won't be getting anything any better, go Daryl !

Move forward to what? At least it was fun and entertaining not like the sh*te that we get fed today, on free to air and all the stinking over done reality shows which bnecome less real every week. There are no real variety shows any more, nothing with genuine good comedy , sh*t you may not even know the name now but Graham Kennedy years ago had shows I watched some sketches ioff it from YouTube and I laughed myself senseless, then what happened to full frontal and fast forward, did the politcally correct F*** that kind of stuff, like Hoges and what about a replaying of classic stuff like Col'n Carpenter, old but intelligent brilliant script funny as you can get, Gingell is a genius, there is no one around any more with the talent to put anything decent to watch , not a soul. And when you get comedy skits , what you get is two aboriginal women swearing like foul mouthed mongrels and pretending to S*** on the TV station stage, or a pack of lefty dogs calling other people in public life C***S you know, and you tell Daryl Somers that it is sad for him to maybe think about another crack at some decent close to the edge comedy again
Hey Hey Its Saturday was a gem! There is nothing like it now just fakery on TV these days, variety was chucked out the door, now we get fake reactions from these idol shows, where have the real talent gone somewhere , Kath and Kim was about the last TV sitcom created by Aussies that was pure genius and funny as buggary, and Utopia, the likes of the movie the Castle, where are those guys gone, the Chasers into political sh*t fighting and making a-holes of themselves with their Jewish wise cracks, yet they used to be funny. If you want to know what is SAD???
It's those of you who will just take what your given easily pleased never question cop second rate rubbish and pay for it.

Like what the AFL has done to our game. Looks like a rugby scrumming up and down the boundary line , while they play pack kick to kick, anything from 6 to 16 players around a ball up, actually that is a great comparison to the entertainment industry failure to develop ideas, but invent crappy rules to ruin it, ???? So why not Daryl Somers Hey Hey I 'll watch it.

If he is doing it again, he should have kept the other try out going, but I bet the execs on TV land said "Oh we can make more advertising cash, by ruining the crap that we put on anyway" with millions of program killing advertisements.
American smart arse wise cracking half hour tripe fair dinkum, Col'n Carpenter leaves them for dead while we are prepared to watch and pay foe sewrage as entertainment we won't be getting anything any better, go Daryl !

Karen

The 10 year reunion in 2009 was a ratings bonanza, blackface controvery aside. Then they decided to bring it back as a regular show the year after, and the ratings tanked pretty quickly - once the nostalgia factor wears off it became pretty obvious the show was outdated and a product of it's time.

Which is why it's baffling they're trying this again, the exact same thing will happen. Like The Footy Show it has a historic place in Australian television, but audiences and life in general has moved on.

The 10 year reunion in 2009 was a ratings bonanza, blackface controvery aside. Then they decided to bring it back as a regular show the year after, and the ratings tanked pretty quickly - once the nostalgia factor wears off it became pretty obvious the show was outdated and a product of it's time.

Which is why it's baffling they're trying this again, the exact same thing will happen. Like The Footy Show it has a historic place in Australian television, but audiences and life in general has moved on.

You have answered the question. The 10 year reunion was a RATINGS BONANZA.

I suspect Channel 7 feel this one off will deliver the same.

Daryl has kept the set of Hey Hey is very good nick...very good nick. (he refuses to let the set get packed up and stacked up in some old container buried deep in the back of some storage area).

Quoting you twice :).

The Footy Show will make a comeback before Hey Hey...;).... for one night only :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back