Universal Love HEY! How you doin? Covid-19 Mental Health Check

Remove this Banner Ad

If there is one person I'm worried about its Lockhart Road.

Conspicuous by his absence.
How nice. Thank you Interstater

Worry not about me. There is nothing sinister to my absence from these pages.

I seem not to have anything worthy of contribution just now.

Everything seems to be under control - touch wood - or dormant.

China, bad neighbour that she has turned into, is closed for business.

Hinkley has reformed, something I credit CD for, and Chairman Moi has reformed as well, making our footy lives so much easier to live.

The win vs. the Giants was significant. I’ve sent congrats to the other bloke in the box and he has agreed that Carlton is not to be taken casually this week.

Then we see if we can bring our Metricon Magic home to Adelaide Oval.

If we can, we’ll be playing finals, and we won’t be such a hard sell to new sponsors and partners.

Watching ain’t so disagreeable this year. Long may it continue.

Thank you again, mate.

Edit: A couple of new faces in the Club board room would be a nice extra.

How nice. Thank you Interstater

Worry not about me. There is nothing sinister to my absence from these pages.

I seem not to have anything worthy of contribution just now.

Everything seems to be under control - touch wood - or dormant.

China, bad neighbour that she has turned into, is closed for business.

Hinkley has reformed, something I credit CD for, and Chairman Moi has reformed as well, making our footy lives so much easier to live.

The win vs. the Giants was significant. I’ve sent congrats to the other bloke in the box and he has agreed that Carlton is not to be taken casually this week.

Then we see if we can bring our Metricon Magic home to Adelaide Oval.

If we can, we’ll be playing finals, and we won’t be such a hard sell to new sponsors and partners.

Watching ain’t so disagreeable this year. Long may it continue.

Thank you again, mate.

Edit: A couple of new faces in the Club board room would be a nice extra.

Very welcome, and thank you for the thorough summary, we have had our share of silver (teal, black and white) linings so far this year.

Please make a second one and sell it to the club.

Current mock up to see what it might look like (amazing what a bit of A3 paper and a laser printer can do)
1594861696382.png

Its looking really good, can't wait to see how it progresses.
If you need help with the software let me know (I know you said you had it configured already).

No problem. Software is my gig (I'm a SW eng by trade), the cabinetry has been the challenge.
Have had to teach myself photoshop, and some of the wiring needed me to brush up, but if you don't get the woodwork right it sticks out like dogs balls.

Just wanted to bump this thread and thank everyone for the excellent craic in here over the past few weeks. I guess breaking the AFL/VFL record for consecutive weeks atop the ladder helps, but it's great being able to keep in touch with like minded fans all over the globe in a positive way.

I thought of this thread when I lost it (in a good way) over Macca's post this morning in the "Thursday Melt" thread. He basically said we bring back in four of our best and yet the board still erupts. Well, yeah, that's kinda our job. Doesn't mean we don't love our Club to bits.

Went shopping this morning for something to send a family member stranded in Melbourne. If it's hard for me to stay positive in my Canberra bubble, I can't imagine how it feels to be still in lockdown. Thinking of all of you stuck in Victoria, and not just because you have to put up with the Victorian footy media.

Im a health care professional in one of the more minor hospitals in Melbourne. Was hard seeing patients and at time colleagues go down with it. Im grateful for having a job but feel for those who are struggling financially and mentally.

My girlfriend of 5 or so years realised when things opened back up she no longer loved me and dumped me a few days out from our anniversary

For the Adelaide peeps be safe whether you believe in the virus or not just be respectful of the people around you. You might not get it or feel you have it. You may actually do and pass that on to someone who passes it onto their grandparent or mother or father.

Get tested Get Swabbed stay home and isolate if you feel anything. Do it for me because trust me you dont want to be visiting me at work.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Im a health care professional in one of the more minor hospitals in Melbourne. Was hard seeing patients and at time colleagues go down with it. Im grateful for having a job but feel for those who are struggling financially and mentally.

My girlfriend of 5 or so years realised when things opened back up she no longer loved me and dumped me a few days out from our anniversary

For the Adelaide peeps be safe whether you believe in the virus or not just be respectful of the people around you. You might not get it or feel you have it. You may actually do and pass that on to someone who passes it onto their grandparent or mother or father.

Get tested Get Swabbed stay home and isolate if you feel anything. Do it for me because trust me you dont want to be visiting me at work.
Sorry to hear about the relationship breakdown mate. Take care of yourself, and hopefully things start to get better for you.

I walked a few loops around the outside of the house this morning, instead of the usual walk to the office.

I was planning a nice bike ride for this Saturday morning, the weather is going to be great, but that will have to wait.

Hopefully we can nip this at the bud and it doesn't ruin the holidays period.

We'll be fine, but please spare a thought for my autistic son's carers. His SCOSA group is closed until next Wednesday, and he refuses to wear a mask, so he'll be cooped up in a small 3 bedroom house for the next 6 days - I just hope the internet in the house doesn't play up.

But I'd far sooner go through a 6 day lockdown, as opposed to what is happening in so many other countries: Australia is still the lucky country!!!!!

Lockdown Diary Day 1
Thursday, November 19th, 2020

You’ve gotta be shittin me.
I’ve run out of shampoo.
On the first morning.
Farken.

Don’t worry.
This won’t let break me.
F@%k that, f@%k no!
I’ve been through worse.
Heaps worse.

And the question I always ask myself in the face of such trying circumstances is:

“What would MacGuyver do?”

Why, he would improvise, of course.
With Palmolive Naturals body wash.
Milk & honey.
Plus moisturiser.
So supple.

I will persevere, you’re goddamn right I will…

Screen Shot 2020-11-19 at 11.35.48 am.png

P.S. My feral bogan neighbours over the back fence are having a full-on domestic:
HER: SHUT THE F@%K UP, YA DUMB C%NT!
HIM: F@%K YOU YA FAT B!TCH!
There gonna be a murder on lockdown day one, f@%king hell, lmao...

P.P.S. No sooner do I get my negative test result back, than I get called into work asap.
Now I've gotta face the feral f@%king hordes.
And I was so digging this lazy lockdown.
So much for that, ugh.
Got my "Essential Worker" letter to flash if the cops bail me up.
Well, I can get some shampoo now, I guess...

Australia is still the lucky country!!!!!
Was thinking this exact thing the other day. I've got a lot of mates in the UK and Ireland and they're raging about going in lockdown especially since the cases are already in the tens of thousands. We're lucky to have a decent expectation of a safety net that even this s**t government didn't abandon us. Also that we're so isolated from the rest of the world.

Was thinking this exact thing the other day. I've got a lot of mates in the UK and Ireland and they're raging about going in lockdown especially since the cases are already in the tens of thousands. We're lucky to have a decent expectation of a safety net that even this sh*t government didn't abandon us. Also that we're so isolated from the rest of the world.
Mate, spot on - we've still had less than 30,000 cases in total - America is having 5-6 times that number every single day. We need to be so thankful that we live in Australia, because as annoying as a short term lockdown is, it's something that needs to be done, to get us through this virtually unscathed.

Mate, spot on - we've still had less than 30,000 cases in total - America is having 5-6 times that number every single day. We need to be so thankful that we live in Australia, because as annoying as a short term lockdown is, it's something that needs to be done, to get us through this virtually unscathed.
There's no ICU beds in North and South Dakota.. people with heart complaints are dying because they can't access a bed in the state , let alone people with covid dying.
Staff are being forced to work even with covid.

It's a ******* mess. I can't believe half the country voted for that orange fat piece of s**t . There no national approach at all , one state has restrictions and the next does nothing and let's it rip whilst trump continues to say he won the election tweeting in CAPS and playing golf.

Having some states lock down and others not lock down is like having a pissing section in a swimming pool. Leader of the Free world hey..

Europe is not far behind...

Last edited:
You know its going to be a long 6 days but at least we have a fallback position of going to the Cows board and telling them how good we think their forward line is.

There's no ICU beds in North and South Dakota.. people with heart complaints are dying because they can't access a bed in the state , let alone people with covid dying.
Staff are being forced to work even with covid.

It's a ******* mess. I can't believe half the country voted for that orange fat piece of sh*t . There no national approach at all , one state has restrictions and the next does nothing and let's it rip whilst trump continues to say he won the election tweeting in CAPS and playing golf.

Having some states lock down and others not lock down is like having a pissing section in a swimming pool. Leader of the Free world hey..

Europe is not far behind...
You can't even vote for universal healthcare in the US lol. Absolute shitshow. Thank you Hawkey.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back