Universal Love HEY! How you doin? Covid-19 Mental Health Check

Remove this Banner Ad

Im a health care professional in one of the more minor hospitals in Melbourne. Was hard seeing patients and at time colleagues go down with it. Im grateful for having a job but feel for those who are struggling financially and mentally.

My girlfriend of 5 or so years realised when things opened back up she no longer loved me and dumped me a few days out from our anniversary

For the Adelaide peeps be safe whether you believe in the virus or not just be respectful of the people around you. You might not get it or feel you have it. You may actually do and pass that on to someone who passes it onto their grandparent or mother or father.

Get tested Get Swabbed stay home and isolate if you feel anything. Do it for me because trust me you dont want to be visiting me at work.
Head up mate, things will get better.

After 3 years my partner just broke up with me also, isolation in a house by myself couldn't have come at a worse time, along with being a hospitslity worker with no work for the second time this year. There are far worse things in life I guess.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

If I hear one more hypocrite from the 'wE'rE aLl iN tHiS tOGeThEr' brigade say 'sToP wHiNgInG aNd SuCk It Up! iT's OnLY sIx DaYs!' to a local, small business owner asking the question of their losses, I think I am going to lose my mind.
If you think that's bad, try reading Facebook posts where they talk about cafes going out of business.

"ItS OkAY yOu CaN JuST MaKE CoFFeE At HOmE"

Some people really seem to just have no concept that things might impact others in different ways.

Everyone has a different experience and no one else’s is wrong. Some people it won’t change one part of their lives and for others it will literally be a dangerous time. And everything in between. I am very lucky during this time but I feel for many people who will be doing it tough and the ramifications go well beyond 6 days.

We don’t have to put our opinion into everything instead enjoy listening to the different experiences. I love listening to stories. Especially some on here they make running out of shampoo a tragedy and also hilarious.

Also maybe people are downplaying it because they work alongside delusional people who think that they are actually going to suffer because they can’t get to the gym or get a coffee. Whilst they still attract their guaranteed wages and nothing actually changes to them except they get to chill out at home.

They have no regards for the small business owners or the casual workers who are actually worrying about their financial future beyond a temporary government payment. Their greatest worry is how they are going to “survive” without seeing their friends or doing F45 FFS. Even my teenagers aren’t as selfish as 40% of the selfish babies I work with.

so to the people who are being affected long term it sucks how can we help? To the people like me who it doesn’t affect STFU and stop whinging about bullshit.

If I hear one more hypocrite from the 'wE'rE aLl iN tHiS tOGeThEr' brigade say 'sToP wHiNgInG aNd SuCk It Up! iT's OnLY sIx DaYs!' to a local, small business owner asking the question of their losses, I think I am going to lose my mind.

lol even worse has been the Victorians going STOP WHINGING to people who aren't even whinging at all? They just like to flex their my lockdown dick is bigger than yours for some reason.

lol even worse has been the Victorians going STOP WHINGING to people who aren't even whinging at all? They just like to flex their my lockdown dick is bigger than yours for some reason.

I've got a mate who relocated to Melbourne from Adelaide about eight years ago and he's unintentionally become one of these people. I have to keep shifting the conversation away from lockdown matters or it becomes unbearable.

For the most par though, most friends and colleagues in Victoria have been supportive. Lots of messages saying we've done the right thing by locking down hard early.

I didn't know about this support from the SA Gov. "

South Australians who can’t earn an income because they must self-isolate, quarantine or care for someone who has COVID-19 can apply for $1500 paid pandemic leave.

The fastest and easiest way to make a claim for the Pandemic Leave Disaster Payment is over the phone by calling 180 22 66.

I spent 6mths and 1 day in hospital in 1 stint will do this lockdown standing on my head.
No nurses waking me up during the night to make sure I'm alive no 6am blood test my own bed own food family around me bliss.

You want to hear the campaigners over here.

"Our lockdown was bigger and longer and better than Adelaide's. SA is always trying to copy us and couldn't even get that right"

I'll be in a lock up before you lot are free the way this is going.

I spent 6mths and 1 day in hospital in 1 stint will do this lockdown standing on my head.
No nurses waking me up during the night to make sure I'm alive no 6am blood test my own bed own food family around me bliss.

I enjoyed our 112 day lockdown so much I drank my own urine to survive and I didn't even have to. There's a shop just down the road.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can't believe half the country voted for that orange fat piece of sh*t .
lol - looks like that fat orange piece of sh1t is now looking to get the state legislators in states like Michigan and Pennsylvania to appoint Republican electors rather than reflect the people's vote. The shitgibbon is a try-hard, third rate Putin.

Last edited:
I'm in IT, working from home is great. My home setup is better than my office setup, and I don't have people constantly walking up to me asking dumb question. If it wasn't for the screeching kids next door I'd probably put the hammock up in the backyard and work out of that for parts of the day.

I'm in IT, working from home is great. My home setup is better than my office setup, and I don't have people constantly walking up to me asking dumb question. If it wasn't for the screeching kids next door I'd probably put the hammock up in the backyard and work out of that for parts of the day.

Do you just randomly shout "just turn it off and turn it back on again" to no one during the day?

I’m waiting for Maggiespower to trial dishwashing liquid for shampoo.

just wondering how many others have embraced not having to wear acceptable clothing and are already looking like day 35 instead of day 2. just me then? But geez I’m comfortable

Just did my first iso exercise

60 laps of the back yard

Roughly 30s per lap / 60 steps per lap

3.5km approx

Nice To feel the wind on my face and sun on my back

I’m waiting for Maggiespower to trial dishwashing liquid for shampoo.

just wondering how many others have embraced not having to wear acceptable clothing and are already looking like day 35 instead of day 2. just me then? But geez I’m comfortable

As I have been working from home for over two years, I have this look expertly crafted.

Winter it's fleecy jumper, tracksuit pants and slippers. In summer it's a pair of shorts and nothing else.

I sometimes stick to my office chair if I don't have the A/C on.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back