Status
Not open for further replies.

Sizzlesilk

Premium Platinum
Jul 10, 2016
AFL Club
Hawthorn
It’s all about the grading.
It’s not common. Don’t see them a lot. Strong(er) and with players generally having compulsory tape (not sure re hfc?) it’s usually an impact injury (landing on a foot) or in a tackle. It’s very hard to do if you’ve done the right things and taped.
Grade 1… maybe 2/3. Grade 3- 5-8.

rei154

Premiership Player
Jun 13, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
1652736498475.png

Brocky not in a sling.

theiaofseed

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 17, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
"Scans on Monday confirmed a medial sprain of Gunston's right ankle, with the club now waiting to see the severity of the injury once the swelling subsides this week."

2-6 weeks for Gunston

May 3, 2018
Central Coast NSW
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Detroit Pistons
"Scans on Monday confirmed a medial sprain of Gunston's right ankle, with the club now waiting to see the severity of the injury once the swelling subsides this week."

2-6 weeks for Gunston
Hopefully the fact that he tried to get back out indicates that he'll be back sooner rather than later. Having said that I won't be surprised if they err on the side of caution and hold him out until after our bye in round 14. I said the same thing about Ned with his shoulder dislocation that if surgery isn't needed then don't expect to see him until after the bye.

Simon Crawshay

Premiership Player
Jun 4, 2016
AFL Club
Hawthorn

2-6 weeks for Gunston
Not the best, not the worst injury TBH

Compared to his prior (ongoing?) back issues this one shouldn't be much of an issue long term.

Just an unfortunate injury given he was really looking sharp in the first quarter prior to doing his ankle.

May 3, 2018
Central Coast NSW
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Detroit Pistons
Not the best, not the worst injury TBH

Compared to his prior (ongoing?) back issues this one shouldn't be much of an issue long term.

Just an unfortunate injury given he was really looking sharp in the first quarter prior to doing his ankle.
If he doesn't go down I reckon we win that game

For those who missed it elsewhere, Brockman confirmed out for the season, shoulder reconstruction...
Typically in these kind of situations (young, promising, out of contract player with a season ending injury) a contract extension would be imminent to give the player some certainty as they go into the rehab process.

It won't necessarily mean he's intending on leaving if we don't see that in the coming weeks, but I think that's the conclusion I'll be coming to if we haven't heard anything after the bye round.

AlwaysHawks15

Premiership Player
Nov 12, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
We really haven't had much luck with who we have out injured. Cant go a week without something happening. Other teams might have more but we dont have the depth to cover certain areas of the ground if players are out which has added to our run of losses IMO. More continuity this year we're at least 5-4 not 3-6 I rekon. Mitchell won't say it publicly but he would be frustrated with what's going on as we can't get our style right unless our key players are playing.

We really haven't had much luck with who we have out injured. Cant go a week without something happening. Other teams might have more but we dont have the depth to cover certain areas of the ground if players are out which has added to our run of losses IMO. More continuity this year we're at least 5-4 not 3-6 I rekon. Mitchell won't say it publicly but he would be frustrated with what's going on as we can't get our style right unless our key players are playing.
Just have to look on the bright side. It forces us to try things that we'd otherwise ordinarily never have found out. Like that Nash could be an effective relief ruckman. Now he'll be getting the training to be even better in that role down the track when we're competing for a flag.

May 3, 2018
Central Coast NSW
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Detroit Pistons
Just have to look on the bright side. It forces us to try things that we'd otherwise ordinarily never have found out. Like that Nash could be an effective relief ruckman. Now he'll be getting the training to be even better in that role down the track when we're competing for a flag.
I really hope we persist with Kozzie giving a chop out in the ruck. I don't think he looked out of place at all.

Simon Crawshay

Premiership Player
Jun 4, 2016
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Yeh just look at last year, we had Sicily, Impey and Gunston out for most of the year. Three of our most talented players (also Day missed more games than he played).

Last couple of years it's not so much been about the number of injuries but who has had them as you said.

This year's struggles in our ruck division to even field a ruckman most weeks is another prime example.

Surely our luck is due to change soon though?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back