Injury HFC Injury watch 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Good news on Gunners. No serious injury.
The club will continue to assess him throughout this week after scans revealed some impingement on the outside of his ankle.

The injury is not related to his previous ankle injury.

However, the club has decided to take a conservative approach and he is expected to be available for selection after the bye.

Injury list​

Jack Scrimshaw - concussion - test
Josh Ward - concussion - test
Jack Gunston - ankle - 2 weeks
Ned Long - hamstring - 2 weeks
Emerson Jeka - hamstring - 2 weeks
Tom Phillips - ankle - 3 weeks
Seamus Mitchell - ankle/shoulder - TBC
Max Lynch - concussion - TBC
Ben McEvoy - neck - TBC
Tyler Brockman - shoulder - season

I swear our concussion protocols last 2/3 weeks longer than every other clubs.
It's about how fast each player progresses through them...Lynch is taking a while, Scrimshaw seems to be straight through, with the minimum 12 days.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not great news on Ward / lynch. It’s not like we are being conservative - they just haven’t passed concussion protocols yet. Hopefully just a one-off for Ward but hope we didn’t make a mistake picking a potentially concussion prone player so early.

Not great news on Ward / lynch. It’s not like we are being conservative - they just haven’t passed concussion protocols yet. Hopefully just a one-off for Ward but hope we didn’t make a mistake picking a potentially concussion prone player so early.
How would we know that? And how would that be a mistake?

This is modern footy, and we're all better for it. We just need to get used to it.

I would assume many times in the past there have been players playing with concussion still lingering, so it was a hidden issue. Glad it's getting address and we have a club taking it seriously.

Did J. Lewis play the week after his big hit from Harbrow?

I've been knocked out badly once in my footy career.

This was 2010 when you could continue playing the same game. I came back out half way through the third quarter and tried to run backwards calling for the ball and instantly fell over my own feet.

The following week I went to take a chest mark from a sky ball and literally made zero contact with the Sherrin. It went straight through my arms.

2 weeks later at training a wet ball skidded through and hit me in the face. I bent down to pick it up and started falling backwards even though I was trying as hard as humanly possible to bend forwards.

These things are so unpredictable and can take time.

Ward might get another one later in his career and be good to go 12 days later.

This is modern footy, and we're all better for it. We just need to get used to it.

I would assume many times in the past there have been players playing with concussion still lingering, so it was a hidden issue. Glad it's getting address and we have a club taking it seriously.

Did J. Lewis play the week after his big hit from Harbrow?
Yeah he did and admitted it lingered for quite a while after

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back