beachboy3

Debutant
Dec 16, 2014
Warrnambool
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Los Angeles Lakers
Even though Souths have picked up some mature age district players, they are still losing some of their good players, such as Ollie Lee, Josh Alexander and Andy Rylance. The first 2 will be playing in Geelong and Andy has shifted interstate. Sam Thompson is overseas and most likely won't be back for the 2016 season. Then your got guys like Shannon Becks, Charlie Lee and Hugh McCluggage trying out at a higher level. Some of these district clubs go a bit mad; I hear they offer some of the young guys that played in the Hampden league under 18s, $400 a game if they come across to their clubs. Unbelievable!! With Warrnambool, I can't see them losing many players. Looks like the Graham boys are staying. If Koroit do lose some, Warrnambool would have to be flag favourites for 2016. I know it's still early to make predictions.

HampdenMAD

All Australian
Feb 10, 2012
Warrnambool
AFL Club
Geelong
I would firmly have Koroit as flag favourites especially if Sam Dobson stays. Warrnambool a close 2nd and a gap to North Warrnambool and Port Fairy should improve again.

Sam Thompson will return for the 2016 season. What will matter is what condition he will be in, none the less he will play seniors at some stage. There's no great expectation on teams like South, Portland, Hamilton, Cobden and Terang other than to improve and show they can move up the ladder.

Camperdown and Port Fairy are the two with big expectation because of list and signings along with North Warrnambool to bridge the gap finally.

blythe

Senior List
Oct 10, 2013
AFL Club
St Kilda
Koroit don't play players? He would be costing a grand a game there...

now the two biggest ex afl flogs play in the same side #joey #timmy

Agree Tom, the perception that Koroit don't pay players is a myth. They are throwing plenty around, perhaps they might have to pay a bit more for their local guns now as well.

Hampden77

Debutant
Sep 30, 2015
AFL Club
St Kilda
I didn't see him landing at Koroit but I definitely seen him leaving! The exodus with him staying at Warrnambool was going to be an issue. I'm not sure it's what Koroit needs but if he went knocking on the door of any club I wouldn't imagine they would say no.
I heard port fairy said no to him

Boomerboi

Draftee
Oct 7, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Rory Taggert has signed with North Warrnambool Eagles. The former Melbourne listed midfielder who has been playing with Sturt in the Sanfl will join the Eagles with former Horsham Saint friend Dylan Parish the connection.

HampdenMAD

All Australian
Feb 10, 2012
Warrnambool
AFL Club
Geelong
Rory Taggert has signed with North Warrnambool Eagles. The former Melbourne listed midfielder who has been playing with Sturt in the Sanfl will join the Eagles with former Horsham Saint friend Dylan Parish the connection.

Good info! That is a nice find for the Eagles! Will help replace the void in the midfield likely to be left by Gavin and maybe even McLachlan yet.

Both Dobsons are very likely gone as said by Footy Flog. Just as well they picked up Marcus Darmody that will help ease that pain. I'm sure there's still a surprise or two in store at Koroit. Although losing Sam Dobson will be a huge gap to fill.

clocktower

Rookie
May 31, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
Couple of whispers - Apparently Jason Rowan very unhappy he wasn't offered the under 18 job at wbool after josh Walters said he didn't want to do it - certainly still some unrest at the Reid Oval even after T McIntyre has left

Charlie Bradshaw returning to Camperdown - won the Judd Cup 3 years ago and had an excellent first year in the seniors with the pies before moving to Melbourne - couple of other announcements in the pipeline. Building some depth to the list

sam42

Team Captain
Feb 17, 2007
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
Couple of whispers - Apparently Jason Rowan very unhappy he wasn't offered the under 18 job at wbool after josh Walters said he didn't want to do it - certainly still some unrest at the Reid Oval even after T McIntyre has left

Charlie Bradshaw returning to Camperdown - won the Judd Cup 3 years ago and had an excellent first year in the seniors with the pies before moving to Melbourne - couple of other announcements in the pipeline. Building some depth to the list
Who got the Wbool u 18 job?

Tackle101

Draftee
Jun 29, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
The chances of Jason Rowan leaving would be 0! A contracted player at Warrnambool who has made the place successful. Why would he even consider leaving.

HampdenMAD

All Australian
Feb 10, 2012
Warrnambool
AFL Club
Geelong
Still no names?? I see Kurt lenehan has left to play for redan.

Well one would assume it's Jason Rowan, but it's going to take a massive set of balls by Rowan and a huge offer by another Hampden club to move him.

Boomerboi disclosed Lenehan leaving to a club around Ballarat a while ago. Redan it is.

Tom150

Cancelled
May 21, 2015
AFL Club
Geelong
Well one would assume it's Jason Rowan, but it's going to take a massive set of balls by Rowan and a huge offer by another Hampden club to move him.

Boomerboi disclosed Lenehan leaving to a club around Ballarat a while ago. Redan it is.
Do you think the gap between wbool and north might close a bit now?
And koroit ahead of them two.

I also hear south still have a few handy recurits in the works. Be great for not just them but the league if they could be stronger. Buck seems to be going well early!

HampdenMAD

All Australian
Feb 10, 2012
Warrnambool
AFL Club
Geelong
Do you think the gap between wbool and north might close a bit now?
And koroit ahead of them two.

I also hear south still have a few handy recurits in the works. Be great for not just them but the league if they could be stronger. Buck seems to be going well early!

Depends on the wash up before Round 1, North may still lose a couple and Warrnambool may still lose a couple, and also Koroit. I would say the gap might close a little but Koroit and Warrnambool will head the pack.

Buck and South looking good to improve, and yes so far he seems to be on track. Movement still happening so will be interesting to see what happens there in near future. Similarly North who I'm sure still have some irons in the fires.

Back