• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

HampdenMAD

All Australian
Feb 10, 2012
Warrnambool
AFL Club
Geelong
Here we are, last round of the H&A season!! The ladder is far from settled from 3rd to 6th. Only top 5 go through!!
Warrnambool to finish top spot with a fair spanking of cellar dwellers Port Fairy this weekend. Should finish a game clear of 2nd placed side Camperdown.

Camperdown will finish 2nd with a win over or loss to South Warrnambool. Will finish either one or two games clear of 3rd place.

North Warrnambool Eagles are currently 3rd after winning last 6 games in a row. A great run in the last half of the season has propelled NWE from 6th to 3rd. North can lock away 3rd and a Qualifying Final with a win over Cobden this week...but...a loss will have them finishing 4th and into an Elimination Final.

Cobden are sitting 4th on equal points with NWE. A great run of wins has Cobden firing and looking to walk into a Qualifying Final if they can knock over the highly fancied NWE. A loss will have them finishing 5th and facing an Elimination Final against either Koroit or South Warrnambool or possibly 6th and missing finals if South Warrnambool can defeat Camperdown and Koroit beat Terang/Mort.

Koroit are currently 5th and tackle Terang Mortlake at Terang. Koroit have a terrible record down there and will be nervous. A win will have them finishing 4th by percentage if the Eagles win but 5th if they dont because of percentage and a loss could mean 5th or even miss out on finals again if South Warrnambool were to beat Camperdown becasue of percentage.

South Warrnambool the reigning premiers are on the verge of missing finals. They have a mountain to climb this weekend in relying on other teams to win and lose and also beating Camperdown to make the finals. The only way they can make the finals is to win and then hope either Koroit and or Cobden lose to make way for them.

Terang/Mortlake are out of the finals but can help shape them with a win or loss this week.

Port Fairy have been unable to win a game this year and will need to do a moutain of work in the offseason to ressurect some competitiveness next season.

Hopefully that all makes sense!! My tips: 1.Warrnambool 2.Camperdown 3.North Warrnambool
4.Koroit 5.Cobden 6.South Warrnambool 7.Terang/Mortlake 8.Port Fairy

Now for the other predicitons. I will try to get these as correct as possible!!

2012 HFNL GF matchup: Warrnambool Blues v North Warrnambool Eagles

2012 Premiers - I havent changed my predicition on this since rd.1 I predict this to be the Warrnambool Blues lead by spearhead Jason Rowan who notched up his 100th major of the season last week!! But there is a major contender in the shape of the North Warrnambool Eagles who have won the last 6 on the trot including Warrnambool, Camperdown, Koroit, South Warrnambool and Port Fairy.

2012 Maskell Medallist - this predicition i have changed since round 1. I had originally picked Josh Walters to take this out but he hasnt had the greatest of years. I am now firmly set that Cobdens utility Joe Dare will battle this out with Koroits superstar Ben Goodall and Camperdown star midfielder Sam Chapman.
Winner - Joe Dare
Runner Up - Sam Chapman
SMOKEY - Jordan Dillon (North Warrnambool Eagles)

Team of the Year
Now this is a real tough gig!! I will have a crack and see how close i get. I will take a dual ruck combo. And put an emphasis on full season form not just current form, also playing the best backs and best forwards regardless of size. Will most likely be fairly different but here goes:

BACKS: Chris McLaren (Kor)(VC) - Sam Cowling (W) - Chris Baxter (T/M)

HBACK: Joe Dare (Cob) - Jahd Anderson (Camp) - Damian O'Connor (T/M)

CENTRE: Matthew Sinnott (Camp) - Sam Chapman (Camp) (C) - Tim Hunt (W)

HFORWD: Sam Kelly (SW) - David Haynes (NWE) - Stephen Staunton (T/M)

FORWARD: Jeremy Parkinson (NWE) - Jason Rowan (W) - Sam Dobson (Kor)

FOLLOWRS: Levi Dare (Cob) - Ben Goodall (Kor) - James Hussey (SW)

BENCH: Jordan Dillon (NWE) - Travis Graham (W) - Joel Moloney (T/M)

EMERG: Matthew Wines (NWE) - Heath Moloney (Camp) - Adrian Murray (Camp)

STIFF TO MISS - Paul Foster (Cob), Luke Clarke (Camp), Joe Dalton (SW), Andy McMeel (NWE), Ben Dobson (Kor), Joe McLaren (Kor), Brad Miller (SW), Luke Molan (Camp).

Could fit another 10 in there but there it is.

ANY OPINIONS OUT THERE????????

Here we are FINALS TIME!! WEEK 1

Warrnambool finished on top of the ladder and are Minor Premiers! They now have a week off to rest the body and prepare for week 2 final against either Camperdown or Cobden for the right to go straight through to the 2012 Grand Final!

Qualifying Final: Camperdown 2nd v Cobden 3rd at Terang on Saturday. Winner into Major Semi Final, Loser into Minor Semi Final.

Camperdown have had a terrific season but recent injuries and indifferent form have seen them drop a few games they probably shouldnt of. This week they are hopeful to regain some players in midfielder Matthew Sinnot also forwards Sam Gordon and Jacob Mahoney. However news is their leading forward Luke Molan has been tonight given a 4 week suspension by the HFNL tribunal ending his finals campaign for the magpies. This is a huge loss to the pies and they will now be resorting to plan B. On the plus the form of midfielder Luke Clarke and defender Jahd Anderson has been tremendous and the youngsters will look to lead this side to victory.
Cobden have been the surprise packet of 2012 coming from nowhere to snatch 3rd spot!! The run and carry and ability to hit up open targets have propelled this side from likely bottom 3 to top 3!! Levi Dare and brother Joe Dare have been sensational this year and are likely Maskell Medal chances, they will have to at their best again this weekend if they wish to go into a Major Semi Final against Warrnambool next week. The teams looks balanced and injury free look for a solid showing.

KEY PLAYERS: Camp - Sam Chapman, has been in stellar form this year and will take some stopping by Cobden to negate his influence. He is the key to winning the midfield battle and possibly the game.
Cobden - Levi Dare, the big dominating ruckman of the comp is feeding the midfield of cobden with the ball on a silver platter, he is also going forward and kicking multiple goals. Stop him and win the game.

Elimination Final: North Warrnambool Eagles 4th v Koroit 5th at Port Fairy on Sunday. Winner into Minor Semi Final, Loser OUT!

North Warrnambool Eagles had an unlucky start to the year that meant a lot of catch up footy. Lost 5 games this year by under a goal. They were tipped as early top 2 finishers and in the end had to settle for 4th and their 2nd ever Finals appearance also 2nd in a row. Last time these two sides met it was a 4 goal victory to the Eagles at Koroit. Eagles regain some star power this week and some run, Marcus Darmody returns from North Ballarat Roosters to sure up the backline (BOG last encounter v Koroit), gun midfielder Andy McMeel returns from unavailability, tagger Aiden Long returns from knee soreness and also Skipper Tom Batten returns to lead his troops after a week off with hip soreness last week. The team is fit, look prepared and would love nothing more than to take down the rivals in Koroit, none more than Dean Gavin and Joel Nestor who both played in Premierships at Koroit before moving on to new clubs.
Koroit come fresh off a win and importantly was able to get some goals into Sam Dobson (5) and Joe McLaren (4). With huge news for the club Adam Dowie will take over as Coach next year the boys will wanna win this one for Chris McLaren and head towards another final. 13 times in a row Koroit have made finals and have exceptional experience. Midfielder Ben Goodall is firing, as is defender Dallas Mooney and running wingman Alex White, the form of these guys could only be pleasing as they need to share the workload to win this one.

KEY PLAYERS: NWE - Jordan Dillon is the Eagles one and only ruckman and remarkably runs on the ball all day most games, he has had a brilliant year after crossing from Sth.Warrnambool and feeds the midfield well, he is great below his knees for a big guy and wins a few clearances as well. But of course the man with the big job to kick the Eagles into the history books is full forward David Haynes, he has had solid form against Koroit this seasons with bags of 5,10,5. Look for a bag!
KOROIT - No doubt its Ben Goodall, ball magnet and sneaky when forward!! Look for the Eagles to tag him but with how much success will be crucial. The other is Sam Dobson, needs to kick 5 goals if they are to win, Eagles backline is solid and it will be a dogfight.

So there it is, both these games could easily go either way and thats great for HFNL this year! Its a lotto at this stage!

My tips: Camperdown to beat Cobden by 23 points purely because of experience.

North Warrnambool and Koroit. hmmmm heart says Eagles, head says Koroit. Gut says draw. I cant pick it. Tossed and coin and it come up Eagles. So Eagles in extra time haha

Next weeks likely matchups - Warrnambool v Camperdown and Cobden v North Warrnambool or Koroit

Week 1 of Finals is done and dusted and there was 2 underdog wins in my opinion!!

Saturday seen Cobden continue on their remarkable winning way knocking over the highly fancied Camperdown Magpies in convincing style. Final score CAMP - 10.11 71 to COB - 13.5 83. Lead by Joe and Levi Dare in the middle they hopped out to 6 goal to 3 1st quarter lead. Leigh Evans of Cobden had the job on Camperdowns gun midfielder Sam Chapman and kept him to only about 5 touches in the first half. This went a huge way to Cobdens 10 goal to 4 half time lead. Joe Dare put on a special show for the crowd winning clearance after clearance and must of finished somewhere between 35 and 45 touches for the day, he was unstoppable. Levi Dare sppon fed the midfield with some premium ruck tap work and showed why he is up there with a chance to win a second Maskell Medal. Camperdown come home strong in the last quarter but the final scoreline flattered them as they never looked like winning all day. They will need to regroup fast as next week they will play North Warrnambool Eagles in the minor Semi Final on Sunday. Camperdowns best players were Nick Bateman with 4 goals, Tom Gordon, Fraser Lucas, Darren Cheeseman and Daniel Baker in my opinion. Cobdens were Joe Dare, Levi Dare, Leigh Evans, Lewis Cahill and Aiden Cole again in my opinion. Cobden now face Warrnambool on Saturday in the major Semi Final with the winner through to the Grand Final and the loser to face the winner of Camperdown v North Warrnambool Eagles. INJURIES: Cdown forward Sam Gordon appeared to roll his ankle and had little influence. Sam Chapman scratched his eye and had some discomfort but played on. Ruckman Heath Moloney limped off in 3rd term with a knee complaint but returned to field to finish the game but just didnt look comfortable. Cobden appeared to get out unscathed.

Sunday we seen the other major improver of the year North Warrnambool Eagles flex some muscle and push aside the now eliminated Koroit Saints. Koroit only lead for a few mins for the whole day and that was from Joe McLarens first goal of the day. After that North Warrnambool hit their straps and proceeded to show why they were tipped earlier in the year as the danger side. David Haynes and Jeremy Parkinson were the major goal scorers kicking 3 each with good input from Tim Sheldon 2 goals and last years SWDFNL League B&F winner ex Coleraine star Jarryd Lewis chipping in with 2 goals. The shining lights for North though was midfielder Andy McMeel and backman Marcus Darmody. McMeel tore up the track in a best on ground performance after spending the last two weeks in Bali. The break done him no harm, he was sensational. Darmody chopped off so much of Koroits forward attack with his skills on full show. Koroits best were Alex White who was very influential on a wing and Dallas Mooney who played most of the game on David Haynes. Eagles now have to face Camperdown on Sunday. INJURIES: Koroit lost James Mugavin early with an ankle injury. North Warrnambool lost playmaker and experienced finals campaigner Matthew Buck to what looks like a severe knee injury, if memory serves me correctly Buck had a knee reconstruction after his premiership win with Terang Bloods in 2004 missing all of 2005. Hopefully it isnt another for him, he has been in great form this year from all reports.

I will have a preview of this weeks games later in the week.

SEMI FINALS PREVIEW!

Major Semi-Final - WARRNAMBOOL BLUES v COBDEN BOMBERS at KOROIT on SAT.

(winner into Grand Final, loser into Prelim Final)

We will start with the changes this week, Warrnambool after having the week off and resting a couple of players the week before have some big ins. Leagues leading goalkicker Jason Rowan and midfielder Damian McCorkell and North Ballarat Rooster gun backman/midfielder Liam Hoy for his first game for the Blues since 2009. But with all good in’s come some very stiff out’s, and none more than Jye Turland who kicked 6 goals on his last outing, also games before that he had chipped in with important goals also. Also out are youngster Jake Boyle and reserves player Brenton O’Rourke. Warrnambool were clutching at straws with him playing seniors.

Cobden on the other hand have named an unchanged line up from last week.

Warrnambool are obvious flag favourites finishing top of the ladder but they are far from invincible, if Cobden bring that sensational chip and hit style mixed with the run and carry they have put on show over last 8 weeks then they are every chance to topple the fancied premiers. Warrnambool just need to put scoreboard pressure on early and the experience will shake Cobden quickly. They have been good the Bombers but they aren’t in the same ballpark as the Blues.

KEY PLAYERS: Wbool key players are obviously Jason Rowan up forward, Liam Hoy possibly across half back and Ruckmen Andrew McCarthy and Rob Bright. When Warrnambool win well they have a swag of goals Rowan. Liam Hoy brings the x factor to the game. The two ruckman have the tough job of keeping Levi Dare to minimum damage, he has been dominating of late and it will go a long way to a Warrnambool win if they can compete against him with influence.

Cobdens key players are the same as last week, and last week they dominated, ruckman Levi Dare, midfielder Joe Dare and backman Paul Hinkley who will surely have the job on Rowan.

My tip – Warrnambool after a week off to come out and smash the Bombers by 45 points.

Minor Semi-Final – CAMPERDOWN MAGPIES v NORTH WARRNAMBOOL EAGLES at The Friendlies Society Park – Sth Warrnambool. Sunday.

(winner plays loser of major semi final, loser is eliminated)

Changes are at the moment unknown for Camperdown but my source say that gun midfielder Sam Chapman will not play after a severe eye injury last week, doctors had to cut around his pupil to repair the damage. Also forward Nick Bateman is in huge doubt after having back spasms last week following the game, now I have heard he will play even under duress but we will see come Sunday. If Camperdown were to lose both these players then momentum shifts big time to the Eagles advantage.

North on the other hand have only one change but its a decent loss to the Eagles, Mathew Buck’s season has ended following an ACL tear in last weeks win over Koroit. Buck will now have a full knee reco and is looking at between 9 and 11 months before returning next year. Buck has been a playmaker this year for the Eagles, brilliant skills and an excellent presence around the contest. The man to replace him is pacey wingman Matthew Brophy, he was stiff to be dropped last week but now gets his shot to show the Eagles selectors why they should stick with him.

This game is sure to be a belter, Eagles have won something like 7 of last 8 games and come off a surprising win over Koroit in last weeks Elimination Final. Camperdown on the other hand are struggling to maintain any form and with possible injuries to key players i cant see this changing. Match ups will be so important in this clash, who goes to Haynes? Jahd Anderson or Clint Fitzgerald? Do Camperdown tag Andy McMeel who has been on fire? Do North tag Luke Clarke or Matthew Sinnott if Chapman doesn’t play?

KEY PLAYERS – Camperdown will have to rely on youngster Sam Gordon to kick goals if Bateman goes down, and also Matthew Sinnott if Chapman doesn’t play. But the job on David Haynes will be the major key player in this, Anderson and Fitzgerald need to keep him under 3 goals to win.

North Warrnambool – Jordan Dillon in the ruck needs to be the man to do the damage out of the middle, hit McMeel, Liam Ryan and whoever else goes thru. Liam Ryan is back in some great form after last week, tackles were amazing and run and carry showed signs of his best. But of course its David Haynes, the big Eagle spearhead needs to kick a minimum 5 goals to win this one.

My tip – North Warrnambool Eagles will win this one and comfortably. Finals are never usually won easy but i just feel Camperdown are struggling. 25 points.

Good luck to all competing this weekend!

Semi-Final week is over and we have one side through to the 2012 HFNL GF....Warrnambool Blues, they defeated Cobden Bombers 11.16 (82) to 10.9 (69). This is the 5th consecutive GF for the Blues who have clearly been the benchmark for a long time, but they havent had it all their way over the years and if they ball bounces the wrong way for them next weekend in the North Warrnambool v Cobden Prelim Final then they may be nervous again...

North Warrnambool Eagles had a massive win over fancied opponent Camperdown Magpies 17.11 (113) to 8.3 (51). The Eagles will now take on the Cobden Bombers in a Preliminary Final at the Reid Oval this Saturday for a chance to take on Warrnambool Blues in the 2012 HFNL GF. Now i will tell you right now that the Blues are praying to the gods that the Eagles lose this game to Cobden be it a point or 10 goals!! The Eagles are showing all the signs of a team that has taken all year to gel but have now nailed their structures and line up and are a serious threat to Warrnambool. Even though Cobden were there with Warrnambool right to the final siren the scoring shots (27 to 19) suggest the Blues would have them covered next time.

Now lets look at this weekend....the Preliminary Final

Cobden Bombers v North Warrnambool Eagles -
This is likely to be almost the game of the year as most Prelims tend to be. It will be fast, hard and very contested. The Bombers will welcome back Geelong Falcons midfielder Daniel Watson at the expense of a stiff Cobdenite! If it was me selecting the side i would drop Rueben Dare, just isnt as slick as the game plan demands at the Bombers. It will be a tough decision for Henry Robertson and his selection panel. The side is otherwise settled as far as I know at this stage. The Bombers will back themselves against the Eagles and rightly so after winning their last 2 encounters, but the Eagles have a much better line up than those two times and with subtle gameplan changes the Eagles will be much much harder to beat this time around.
The Eagles will also have one forced change this week with Assistant Coach and defender turned tagger Tim Sheldon requiring surgery on a broken thumb after a collision with teammate Jordan Dillon in a marking contest. It is a decent loss for the Eagles after also recently losing Matthew Wines and Mathew Buck to season ending injuries. Sheldon had been in reasonable form and none more better than the first half on the weekend v Camperdown. The likely in has been rumoured to be either hard nut Lachie Woodhams or the pacey and skillful youngster Tom O'Leary. I have a feeling the weather may dictate this change. The Eagles flexed their ever improving muscle against the Pies on Sunday winning convincingly by 63 points. They look very ominous!!

KEY MATCHUPS -

David Haynes v Paul Hinkley - Hinkley who is ripping form, has the wood over Haynes in this one, Haynes has had minimal influence against Cobden this year and will be looking to reverse that in a big way this weekend. If Hinkley can keep the big forward to less than 4 goals then Cobden WILL WIN!!

Tim Horan v Brendan Murfett - Horan has been the best forward in recent weeks for Cobden, he is good on the ground and in the air, he will be ultra important for the Bombers to win this so the Eagles are best to send their No.1 defender to him and that man is ex-bomber Brendan Murfett. Murfett was all over any forward that went near him on Sunday, Sam Gordon, Nick Bateman, Heath Moloney all struggled against Murfetts relentless spoils. He is the Josh Gibson of North Warrnambool.

Levi Dare v Jordan Dillon - The master v the apprentice. Levi has monstered his opposition all year and twice this year that has included Dillon. Jordan on the other hand is impressing all those who doubted him, South Warrnambool let this gem go and North Warrnambool swooped. He has been what i would say the backbone to the rise of the Eagles this year. Both players will be working to win their position rather than negate the other. Levi does drift forward more often than Dillon and he will likely be then picked up by a North defender. Dillion and Dare....what a contest.

Joe Dare v ??? - Who will tag this ball magnet. With Sheldon out and Aiden Long possibly out of his weight range they will have to look to another to get the job done i feel. Xavier Mills?? Liam Ryan?? Sam Batten?? They are my top 3 guesses. Will be an interesting call for North.

Marcus Darmody v ??? - After watching Camperdown make an absolute mess of this matchup on Sunday, i cant imagine Cobden doing the same. Darmody racked up 42 disposals and 16 marks according to The Standard newspaper, and i do not doubt that. He was easily best on ground. So what do Cobden do...defensive forward is the only way to go. Tag him. Who can do this...in my opinion the only player who can do this and exploit Darmody somewhat is defender/forward Aiden Cole. Sure its robbing Peter to pay Paul but Peter needs to be robbed here unfortunately. Use someone else and i expect Marcus Darmody to again be very influential. he is that good!

My tip...Early in the week and before final teams im tipping North Warrnambool Eagles to win by 3-5 goals, because they...are that good.

The orange tigers football club located in orange nsw and plays in the central west afl is seeking a senior coach for the 2013 season. The club finished 3rd in the seniors, 1st in reserves and 3rd in under 17 this season. If you would like to take charge of a exciting young club forward your details to me.

Weekend wrap up: Cobden Bombers defeated North Warrnambool Eagles 122 to 70 in the Prelim Final at the Reid Oval.

I definitely misjudged this result! Cobden put on a display of speed and accuracy and dismantled the shell shocked Eagles in one half of footy. The 1st half was tight and was a good tough contest, the Eagles cost themselves with a horror half of conversion!! They smashed the Bombers with inside 50 entries but just didnt score goals!! It went on to bite them hard in the 3rd qtr when the Bombers piled on the goals to take it to 30 points in the lead at 3qtr time! They then proceeded to put it out of the Eagles reach and finish up 52 point winners. Cobden will now head into the 2012 HFNL Grand Final this Saturday at the Reid Oval. The Eagles can be happy with their improvement in the second half of this year and will look to hold onto the current list and add a couple more key players to be a huge part of the 2013 season.

I will have a wrap up for this weeks GF later in the week as we look to see who is NO.1 in 2012!!

In other HFNL news Sunday was the league b and f. The Maskell Medal. This year was history making in more than one way, we had a 4 way tie!! Levi and brother Joe Dare of Cobden, Tim Hunt of Warrnambool, and Sam Chapman of Camperdown. All extremely fine and deserving winners! The runner up was Ben Goodall of Koroit. 1st ever 4 way tie, first ever brothers to win together and first time medal gone to 3 clubs in same year. Amazing stuff!!

Any chance of a GF preview today? Can't rely on the Standard online for any info.

Cheers.

Sorry for the late preview peeps!! Have had Internet issues!!

Warrnambool v Cobden 2012 HFNL GF!!

What a game this is touted to be!! Warrnambool have been just quietly getting the job done whilst teams like Camperdown, North Warrnambool and today's opposition Cobden have been getting all the fanfare!!

With no changes to either side today it looms as a great contest with both sides fit and no excuses!!

Key Match-ups

Jason Rowan v Paul Hinkley
This is probably the best match up of the whole season!!! Paul Hinkley is in outstanding form and has the scalps of Haynes, Rowan, and Gordon this finals series. With a concern that Rowan may not be 100% fit after suffering problems with a quad complaint there is no better time for Hinkley to shine! Rowan has kicked over 100 goals this year and will be a handful injured or not! Game winner right here....

Joe Dare v Liam Hoy
Liam Hoy took the points in this match up 2 weeks ago, Liam has played for North Ballarat Roosters all season and is an accomplished player with an excellent finish, he can hurt Joe going the other way, the perfect tagger!! Joe will wake up today fresh from a Maskell Medal win and be thinking that today is goin to be an absolute dog fight between him and Liam. Joe is a clearance specialist who is fed by his ruckman brother Levi Dare but Liam will be hot on his heels!

Levi Dare v Rob Bright
Levi Dare also coming off a Maskell Medal win will be eager to stamp his authority on this game early and Rob Bright is the man with the unenviable job of trying to negate his influence! If Bright can keep Levi from drifting forward and kicking goals then he will have done a super job, but I see Levi getting the chocolates in this matchup may not mean a Cobden win tho....

Tim Hunt v ???
Will Cobden do the smart thing and send their tagger Leigh Evans to Hunt!! Tim also wakes this morning as one of 4 who tied in this years Maskell Medal last Sunday!! Hunt is a star, a magician around the ground finding space where others don't. He is lightning quick and is the life blood behind Warrnambools mids. Leigh Evans has done some fine work in finals so far, kept Sam Chapman quiet, kept Andy McMeel quiet, and now will needto keep Hunt quiet.

They are my favorite match ups and will go a long way to determining the outcome of the 2012 HFNL GF!! Now last time these two met, the blues beat the bombers only by 13 points but had 12 more scoring shots....that to me is enough to tip the Warrnambool Blues to win this one today!!

Blues by 18 points.

Best on Ground: Tim Hunt

Congratulations to the 2012 HFNL Premiers Warrnambool Blues!! The Blues won by 6 goals defeating the Cobden Bombers who were outclassed on Saturday by a clean and very skillful outfit lead by best on ground VCFL medallist Travis Graham. The game was a beauty even tho the scores weren't so close. It was a prefect day for footy and the crowd was the biggest I have seen in a long time!! All is well in Hampden League!!!
Josh Walters turned back the clock and put on a midfield display especially in the second half where he racked up 3/4 of his 31 disposals. Tim Hunt was also impressive for the blues racking up a 31 possession day. Cobdens best player was Paul Foster who toiled hard all day and had plenty of the ball, the ruckman Levi Dare was ever reliable without dominating and the other player who showed he is a ripper for the future is Lewis Cahill, he was busy and skills were really classy.

The Reserves footy premiership was won by Camperdown Magpies over North Warrnambool Eagles who were denied their first ever footy flag. Camperdown won by 4 goals and Jesse Gallichan was awarded best on ground.

Under 18's premiers were Terang/Mortlake Bloods winning comfortably over the favorites Warrnambool Blues. Best on ground went to T/M Nathan Monk.

The A Grade netball premiers were the Koroit Saints knocking over the Warrnambool Blues by 6 goals.

Hope u appreciated this years updates and I look forward to next years comp!! Cheers all!

Club Best and Fairest Winners:
Warrnambool: Tim Hunt
Cobden: Levi Dare
North Wbool: Jordan Dillon
Terang/Mortlake: Damian O'Connor and Stephen Staunton
South Wbool: James Hussey
Port Fairy: Sam McCartney
Camperdown: Sam Chapman
Koroit: Ben Goodall

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Back