Traded Michael Hibberd [traded to Melbourne with pick 59 for picks 29 and 68]

Remove this Banner Ad

And when you don't? What then? Jump off the Dogs bandwagon and onto the Swans?
You come back next year even stronger , you fix your weaknesses , I honestly believe Sydney will win buddy is such a star and we won't stop him

Salem was a Bombers fan as a kid, that is 100% of the reason anyone in this thread is dreaming that they could get him.

Dreaming of Salem, please, I would rather pick 26 in hope to land one of Scharenberg, Powell-Pepper, Clarke or Graham who I would rather in my team.
Going to be a couple of gems found late in this draft.

No spin - last year Melbourne wanted the deal out the way quickly so paid marginal overs for JM, had bigger fish to fry.

This year ... I have been told they will want to listen to what other clubs have to say and if Essendoon push for a quick resolution then the fun starts. Melbourne are not in a postion this year to give up their first pick in the draft quickly. MFC goals are to upgrade picks not get further out of the draft.

One way or another very, very confident Hibbo will be a Demon.
I thought we were getting the compo pick from grimes..... on wait they delisted him ..... u know nothing

No spin - last year Melbourne wanted the deal out the way quickly so paid marginal overs for JM.
Marginal? Melksham was on the fringe of best 22 in a side that finished bottom 4. Yes there was the ordeal hanging over his head but the same applied to the rest of the players. I was personally absolutely rapt to collect pick 25. Time will tell if we used it wisely.

This is exactly how it should go down

Melbourne "we are offering our third rounder"

Essendon "we will only accept a first round pick"

Melbourne "damn"

Essendon "damn"

Melbourne and Essendon in unison "how about the second rounder?"

Done.
Yep. I think the only question mark is whether it is Melbourne's 2016 or 2017 2nd rounder. I could easily see the deal going either of those approaches, with plusses and minuses for both sides with either option.

Salem for Hibberd

lol
What has Salem actually done? I would much prefer Pig personally, he was nearly AA a few years back - think he made the squad. A reliable contributor who played at a high level week in / week out and sometimes had exceptional games.

Salem was putrid when we beat you in Rd 2. Absolutely putrid. Had all the hallmarks of a panic merchant. Is he actually going to be any good?

Personally I'd prefer another crack at the draft before taking him off your hands.

Outside of your untouchables (which I assume are Gawn, Viney, Brayshaw, Petracca, Vince, Weideman, Oliver, Tyson, McDonald, Watts) the only guys that really fill a need for us are Ben Kennedy and Dean Kent.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What has Salem actually done? I would much prefer Pig personally, he was nearly AA a few years back - think he made the squad. A reliable contributor who played at a high level week in / week out and sometimes had exceptional games.

Salem was putrid when we beat you in Rd 2. Absolutely putrid. Had all the hallmarks of a panic merchant. Is he actually going to be any good?

Personally I'd prefer another crack at the draft before taking him off your hands.

Outside of your untouchables (which I assume are Gawn, Viney, Brayshaw, Petracca, Vince, Weideman, Oliver, Tyson, McDonald, Watts) the only guys that really fill a need for us are Ben Kennedy and Dean Kent.

At least you offered some decent discussion andrewb

Salem isnt an untouchable but he is a required plwyer. He is a skillful small who can win his own ball.
We invested a first round pick (9) and he has unfortunately been held back due to injury. Salem offers a lot to us in skill and decision making which we lack in our side.

I can't see him being involved in this trade, surely we'd only accept a high 1st rounder for him. Hibberd alone is not even close.

I doubt we'll trade a player for Hibberd. But u never know. Kent would be unlikely but u never know

At least you offered some decent discussion andrewb

Salem isnt an untouchable but he is a required plwyer. He is a skillful small who can win his own ball.
We invested a first round pick (9) and he has unfortunately been held back due to injury. Salem offers a lot to us in skill and decision making which we lack in our side.

I can't see him being involved in this trade, surely we'd only accept a high 1st rounder for him. Hibberd alone is not even close.

I doubt we'll trade a player for Hibberd. But u never know. Kent would be unlikely but u never know
I wouldn't trade Kent for Hibberd. Kent just getting his body right and hitting his straps.
2nd rounder gets it done.

And it would be, if Essendon weren't involved
That old chestnut! The old media myth rehashed at this time of the year. It is actually pretty inaccurate if you have a look at the facts. Many non-Essendon supporting people on here recognise that fact.

That said, I have no issues with Dodoro digging in his heels if the deal stinks.

Last edited:

So you've watched him once in a game where just about everyone for us was s**t. Not really much to base an opinion on. He resembles a young Adem Yze except he's much harder and not the freak overhead that Yze was. Was brilliant for us off half back last season when fit, had his season killed by injury/illness this season, thyroid issue had him very sluggish but he came back brilliantly at the end of the season playing a lone hand against the Cats. He's absolutely in the top half dozen talents in the team and we'd mad to offer him in a trade unless the club doesn't feel like he's going to be able get on the park regularly.

So you've watched him once in a game where just about everyone for us was s**t. Not really much to base an opinion on. He resembles a young Adem Yze except he's much harder and not the freak overhead that Yze was. Was brilliant for us off half back last season when fit, had his season killed by injury/illness this season, thyroid issue had him very sluggish but he came back brilliantly at the end of the season playing a lone hand against the Cats. He's absolutely in the top half dozen talents in the team and we'd mad to offer him in a trade unless the club doesn't feel like he's going to be able get on the park regularly.
I don't even support Melbourne and I know he's miles off being in your top half dozen talents.

hahaha - nah thats what I said we should offer. NOTHING ... penny dropped. Actually what it would have taken to get Hurley had you not massively upped your offer to meet the market.

Incumbents always get a discount - clubs that inject their players with unkown drugs pay the market price. LMAO

Although I am on record as saying I did think he was best to stay and most likely to stay ... because we knew it was just a matter of time before the Bombers buckled and went to their wallets.

You and proper gander have a clear comprehension problem .... You cant keep'em all somebody has to make way.
What about the free agent pick you were getting for the Hibberd trade thought it was a lock?

What about the free agent pick you were getting for the Hibberd trade thought it was a lock?

Again .... you a very slow on the uptake. Think you need to re-read what I said.

You were getting the pick we got for Grimes .... Oh we got nothing! Exactly what you should get for Hibberd ... after your club pumped him with unknown drugs.

But at the end of the day we can still offer "nothing of real value" to us ... ;)

Are you and proper gander related?

Again .... you a very slow on the uptake. Think you need to re-read what I said.

You were getting the pick we got for Grimes .... Oh we got nothing! Exactly what you should get for Hibberd ... after your club pumped him with unknown drugs.

But at the end of the day we can still offer "nothing of real value" to us ... ;)

Are you and proper gander related?
LOL

Remove this Banner Ad

Back