Traded Michael Hibberd [traded to Melbourne with pick 59 for picks 29 and 68]

Remove this Banner Ad

Salem is nowhere near top 8 at Melbourne. Why have Melbourne offered Piggy $2.4 M for Piggy over 4 years if they have so many players better than him. They must be getting miffed at what they are getting paid ! That will create opportunities for several clubs

Because that's the easiest place to get a kick and you don't need ticker

Doggies fan, join date, September 2016.
That's going to look like a bandwagon for a long time my friend.

Salem is nowhere near top 8 at Melbourne. Why have Melbourne offered Piggy $2.4 M for Piggy over 4 years if they have so many players better than him. They must be getting miffed at what they are getting paid ! That will create opportunities for several clubs
What part of Salem rated very highly internally are you not getting?

Nobody mentioned Melbourne having so many players better than Hibberd, just stop.

Are you a moron? What part of $2.4M over 4 years to you not understand. That tells you how Piggy is rated internally at Melbourne. What is Salem on ? That tells you where he is rated internally

Just ignore the fool.

If there was a moron award on bigfooty, he'd win 1st, 2nd and 3rd place.
You obviously haven't met kelvin_sheedy.

Again .... you a very slow on the uptake. Think you need to re-read what I said.

You were getting the pick we got for Grimes .... Oh we got nothing! Exactly what you should get for Hibberd ... after your club pumped him with unknown drugs.

But at the end of the day we can still offer "nothing of real value" to us ... ;)

Are you and proper gander related?
So your information was wrong or your just a liar ooo and u can pick both because we all know ur a lair

hahaha - nah thats what I said we should offer. NOTHING ... penny dropped. Actually what it would have taken to get Hurley had you not massively upped your offer to meet the market.

Incumbents always get a discount - clubs that inject their players with unkown drugs pay the market price. LMAO

Although I am on record as saying I did think he was best to stay and most likely to stay ... because we knew it was just a matter of time before the Bombers buckled and went to their wallets.

You and proper gander have a clear comprehension problem .... You cant keep'em all somebody has to make way.

Again .... you a very slow on the uptake. Think you need to re-read what I said.

You were getting the pick we got for Grimes .... Oh we got nothing! Exactly what you should get for Hibberd ... after your club pumped him with unknown drugs.

But at the end of the day we can still offer "nothing of real value" to us ... ;)

Are you and proper gander related?

CA43589F-4E46-48E9-8A89-73C1063D1E2F_zpscdoub5h3.gif

Liked it ... but I only passed on what was discussed. There was/is a few mighty pissed off Essendon boys ... the word was Bombers getting "nothing" was an option.

But in all fairness nobody really wanted to go down that path. However, tactically managers managed to extract the maximum for their players out of Essendon. ( Which I personally support 100% )

Connors had Campbell by the balls and Essendon "reluctantly meet the market" ... which is not normally the case in negotiations.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Liked it ... but I only passed on what was discussed. There was/is a few mighty pissed off Essendon boys ... the word was Bombers getting "nothing" was an option.

But in all fairness nobody really wanted to go down that path. However, tactically managers managed to extract the maximum for their players out of Essendon. ( Which I personally support 100% )

Connors had Campbell by the balls and Essendon "reluctantly meet the market" ... which is not normally the case in negotiations.
You really are a w***er ! Your inside source is your hand on your ...

You really are a ****** ! Your inside source is your hand on your ...

hahaha ... your are funny for somebody so simple. Oh and the "inside source" as you called it has been 100% right every time.

You really need to stop reading those newspapers - for your benefit not for mine.

This must be one of those blokes who thinks talking about trades on Big Footy means they're going to happen. I joined this site in year nine and used to think that, if I posted about it enough, the Dees would pick up John Butcher at 11. I'm placing jodo27 as slightly younger.

not sure which thread is worse, this one or the HH thread....

ive read the last 4 pages and a hell of a lot of fingers in ears happening by a particular poster....

This is exactly how it should go down

Melbourne "we are offering our third rounder"

Essendon "we will only accept a first round pick"

Melbourne "damn"

Essendon "damn"

Melbourne and Essendon in unison "how about the second rounder?"

Done.

Essendon are in a very strong position in this draft - to pick up the pieces of a "failed" trade by leveraging their 1st pick in the PSD & if they are prepared to trade pick 1 for two later 1st rounder. GWS or GC will make some sort of offer ... bank on it.

Demons are not in a position to give up their best pick in this draft quickly. Just cant see how the Demons will be a big player in this trade period, ( unless Hogan 100% won't commit)

There are going to be some very tricky deals to land ie Prestia, JOM, Mitchell, Marchbank, Steele .... if both clubs work together both could come out as a win win proposition.

Both clubs could easily stand to benefit if they hold their gunpowder till the "Big Deals" do or dont go down .... work together for the benefit of both parties.

You have been told nothing
I find it entertaining the way you try and make others believe you have any connection to AFL club employees

No spin - last year Melbourne wanted the deal out the way quickly so paid marginal overs for JM, had bigger fish to fry.

This year ... I have been told they will want to listen to what other clubs have to say and if Essendoon push for a quick resolution then the fun starts. Melbourne are not in a postion this year to give up their first pick in the draft quickly. MFC goals are to upgrade picks not get further out of the draft.

One way or another very, very confident Hibbo will be a Demon.

You have been told nothing
I find it entertaining the way you try and make others believe you have any connection to AFL club employees

hahaha - yeah right. Last time I looked the "door was open". AFL football world is a small place ... I know its a tad difficult for many around here ... but Essendon have people MFC can trust, MFC have people Essendon can trust.

Contrary to popular beliefs around here ... you support the past and the present ... most around here have memories like goldfish and brains to match.

What goes around in AFL football comes around ... way over your head little boy.

hahaha - yeah right. Last time I looked the "door was open". AFL football world is a small place ... I know its a tad difficult for many around here ... but Essendon have people MFC can trust, MFC have people Essendon can trust.

Contrary to popular beliefs around here ... you support the past and the present ... most around here have memories like goldfish and brains to match.

What goes around in AFL football comes around ... way over your head little boy.

It's hilarious that someone as clueless as you has the audacity to be so condescending.

You have said nothing that makes sense pal
Thanks for the insult though
I am not sure how I shall recover
Big Footy is about discussing potential trades and footy in general
I feel pity for people who try and big note themselves by inferring they always have inside information. You are guilty of this too much in my opinion. I hope your self esteem is not connected to your posts of grandeur here.
However the thing that annoys me about your post is the way you use the injection program to inflame Essendon supporters and try and claim that Essendon have done wrong and thus have no position to negotiate. The club ran a shoddy program three years ago.
Players leaving for nothing has not played out once and it is hurtful to Essendon supporters who had no involvement in what happened. We don't condone but after three years we have the right to enjoy our footy without this black cloud.
The wonderful Bulldogs have shown how quickly fortunes can change.
The hypocrisy of a GWS supporter throwing these jibes is poignant when one of your players avoided a drug test and seemingly was hidden by two officials. The club and the AFL was also given information by a third party. Yet he was allowed to play finals without recourse.
Hmmmmmm same rules for all players? I don't believe so.
Sorry about the rant everyone
I hope Hibberd gets to the Demons for the second round pick in the first hour of day one.
I hope your more sensible in your posts.
Good luck Tom Baker

hahaha - yeah right. Last time I looked the "door was open". AFL football world is a small place ... I know its a tad difficult for many around here ... but Essendon have people MFC can trust, MFC shave people Essendon can trust.

It's hilarious that someone as clueless as you has the audacity to be so condescending.
I'm assuming this is a response to a Dr. Whoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo post. After the Hurley saga blowing up whatever shards of credibility he had right up in his face, I can't believe he'd still be posting on that account. Talk about a prolonged public humiliation. Hurley's sure going to look good in red and blue next year, we all know that was the "other club"!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back