Higgins cops whack in social media by prominent fitness coach in Victoria

Remove this Banner Ad

You have to know the guy and I know both sides .

Um, no, we don't HAVE to know the guy to see a toxic and acerbic diatribe that, if take down, somewhat reinforces it was foolish. I would suggest it might even be good not to know the complexity of both sides and just accept that one has been very foolish by what we saw.

Maybe someone's father is prone to rants as well , Jack hasn't got a bad bone in his body and it's sad this has been going on around him.

I don't really want to know any details about the situation, but I am curious if you think it's been impacting on Jack's performance in any way?

Staggers me what people post on social media.
Wish kids would realize they are basically creating resumes every minute of the day and a lot would be ruling themselves out of many things.

Done no harm to himself apart from the minority who has been made aware via social media.
And you know that because.........? So you know what enough harm is? I'm not sure people like you or me need to help that along. Call me old fashioned but those parties are big enough to sort their own problems without sticky-noses adding to the misery of both parties. I'd be surprised if Jack didn't just want it to blow over and go away. This seems so out of character for you mate.

Needs to be outed to the majority and held accountable.
So you, and hells bells Carolyn Wilson of all people, are the perfect arbiters of accountability. My smallest amount of advice would be to check with Jack first before 'helping' becomes more harm.

Last edited:
And you know that because.........? So you know what enough harm is? I'm not sure people like you or me need to help that along. Call me old fashioned but those parties are big enough to sort their own problems without sticky-noses adding to the misery of both parties. I'd be surprised if Jack didn't just want it to blow over and go away. This seems so out of character for you mate.

So you, and hells bells Carolyn Wilson of all people, are the perfect arbiters of accountability. My smallest amount of advice would be to check with Jack first before 'helping' becomes more harm.
Why don't you tell us the real story then

Why don't you tell us the real story then

Because sometimes discretion is the better part of valor. Not everything has to go through a social media wringer. In fact less would be better in a whole range of areas, but again, that's me being old-school.

Social media has feminized men. It was so much more edifying to just 'go outside' when disputes like this arose back-in-the-day. It was also often the case that fists weren't required as the person with the lower moral position would back down.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Social media has feminized men. It was so much more edifying to just 'go outside' when disputes like this arose back-in-the-day. It was also often the case that fists weren't required as the person with the lower moral position would back down.
It’s amazing how very little people got hurt either.
Ha I remember just about every Friday night there would be a few taken outside. But it was always face to face and with a big crowd all around and the minute one got too much of an upper hand it was stopped.
Then invaribly the twos blokes would be having a bloody drink together 10 minutes later!
Now people just either whack people from behind a screen with their fingers or smash them when they aren’t looking.

Higgo and butler will both get a spell, both have done nothing for some time . I’d have menadue and Weller in ahead of these two right now and I’m serious , d e a d l y serious
Not sure if Butler will because his effort was there but he really needs to get the footy more. Reckon Rioli will go back and Higgins just needs a good run on the ball in the twos. He’s having your typical second year I reckon and leaving them there does them no good, not unlike Butler last season. Playing twos never hurt anyone and in most cases helps a lot more than losing confidence at the top level.

Not sure if Butler will because his effort was there but he really needs to get the footy more. Reckon Rioli will go back and Higgins just needs a good run on the ball in the twos. He’s having your typical second year I reckon and leaving them there does them no good, not unlike Butler last season. Playing twos never hurt anyone and in most cases helps a lot more than losing confidence at the top level.
its as much that I believe we need to change the smalls quota , the hierarchy may think differently and prob do. its my view we re +2 too many smalls. I mentioned before that Balta into the midfield is a good start , Menadue is taller and still has pace. His best game this year is better than either of higgo or butler or possibly rioli too

It’s amazing how very little people got hurt either.
Ha I remember just about every Friday night there would be a few taken outside. But it was always face to face and with a big crowd all around and the minute one got too much of an upper hand it was stopped.
Then invaribly the twos blokes would be having a bloody drink together 10 minutes later!
Now people just either whack people from behind a screen with their fingers or smash them when they aren’t looking.
Every Sunday Our dads would get us out to box with local boys. We knew how to slip a punch and counter and knew when to stop if a bloke was beaten....It helped us survive later on.....and yes many a time we drank with our foes after a blew....great times. I remember the first time I saw a bloke kick in a fight, it was one of our mates and we jumped him for it. The law of the jungle works. My son's have a go at me for always having my back to a wall when I go to a pub....old habits die hard lol.

Every Sunday Our dads would get us out to box with local boys. We knew how to slip a punch and counter and knew when to stop if a bloke was beaten....It helped us survive later on.....and yes many a time we drank with our foes after a blew....great times. I remember the first time I saw a bloke kick in a fight, it was one of our mates and we jumped him for it. The law of the jungle works. My son's have a go at me for always having my back to a wall when I go to a pub....old habits die hard lol.
Haha yeah that’s a given. Always sit with back to wall or in corner too. I still laugh too like you say, my Grandfather trained fighters, had a ring and gym out the back and I’d go to TV Ringside fights with him and my nan when his blokes fought.
But what really makes me chuckle was him getting me out the back and and teaching me a few combinations but mostly defence every day I was there and I wore a few! on the proviso I was never ever to start a fight or he’d knock me out. Lol imagine that today!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back